Not a Dream

THE END

 

 

small note: this chapter is dedicated to my bestfriend @ey-aks-ow and i would like to tell her: IS ABOUT TO GET  REAL SO YOU BETTER GET READY.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cloudy windy Wednesday, Chen is smiling with tears filling the corners of his eyes, it’s mixed emotions pain, sadness, happiness and joy, if you could name it, Chen probably felt it.

And there she is standing there in her strapless white wedding dress , with her curly deep red strands of hair floating down her back, “do you think I should dye it black? I mean his mother is a very strict woman” she pulls a red strand and gives Chen a pouty look. “If you touched your hair, I’ll shave your entire head off”

“you look so much like her I can’t…” he laughs as he look at the ground and a tear drops from his face, “ I can’t believe how lucky I am enough to see her again”

Mary runs to her uncle as her eyes turn red and gives him a hug, while he cries on her shoulder, “it’s okay uncle, sometimes… a lot of times I wish she was with me just being there I just want to feel her just once.” Tears drop on her reddish cheeks and her uncle rushes to wipe them, he turns her to face the mirror and say “that’s her, YOU ARE her you are a piece of her a very important one, so let’s not cry anymore, sweetheart” he kisses her head. she nods at him with a smile and goes to the changing room to take off the wedding dress.

“When is it?” Chen’s attempt in changing the subject, from the closed room she replies “I can’t believe you’re already forgetting!! Your memory is getting really bad uncle!!” Chen rolls his eyes after he sits down and began yelling “HOW DARE YOU YELL AT YOUR UNCLE!!!” the entire staff was shocked as he noticed all the attention was drawn into him, Mary walks out of the dressing room with her back zipper not done yet and she begins yelling at the staff “WHAT ARE YOU DOING STARRING AT MY HOT UNCLE!!” she turns around to Chen and he immediately zips the back of that flowery dress. The staff felt embarrassed by the uncle and the kid “same temper, sure are relatives” they used that to end their night gossip session with the other staff ladies.  

They are driving back home Chen asked her a question “when was the last time you saw her?” she tries to keep her eyes on the road as she attempt to make words to come out but nothing happens “well, not to lie, I dream about her often, yesterday…. I saw her yesterday” she could feel Chen’s jealousy sparkle on his eyes but he tries to confess something and says “these are not dreams”

…………………………..

Tavia is on the plane on her left by the window is a restless Chen with his crazy eyes trying to touch everything and making sure that everything is in place, he looks at the paper bag several times and he’s trying to pull it out just to keep it handy,

“CHEN!” she whispers in a high tone “calm down okay?!” he suddenly switches his attention her and stare at her soul as he says “I MIGHT BE SENT TO MY DEATH AND YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!!!!”

She laughs as she sprays a colon on both of her hands as she shoves one on Chen’s face as the other one covers hers, “it’s a short flight you’re going to be alright just make sure you sleep”

He takes a few of deep breathes of the colon as he gives her a very sad look almost crying “really? Am I going to be alive?” she opens her eyes wide as she tries to assure him “when was the last plane crash you’ve heard of?”

He opens his eyes wider trying to shoot the answer as she looks down in defeat and nods to him, “it’s okay to be scared, but I need you, I really need you!”

He looks at her feeling unsure as he takes her hand and shove it back to his face, “ I will try to calm down” he pouts.  she smiles at him and they both hear the captain announcing that the departure will be immediate and so the plane takes off and he subconsciously hold her hand firmly almost misplacing a finger or two. she was in pain but if that what was going to calm him down well it’s a sacrifice from her side.

the plane is now in the air, and it’s no longer shaking , he closes the window cover in an attempted of not looking at how high they are, so he won’t speculate how far is the fall, she hands him a tissue to wipe off the cold sweat that was caused but the earlier nervous breakdown, his breaths are heavy and she could see a smile on the corners of his lips “smiling?” she remarked “what are you so happy about?” he rests his head on her shoulder as he says nothing but taking a deep breath almost like a nasal sigh. He slowly begins to close his eyes and slept eventually. She laughed at this strange reaction. Yet she was glad he slept because there was this other companion that wanted attention as well

“Ugh” eye rolls.

“what is it Sehun" she says as she flips through a magazine sehun crosses his long legs as he moving his neck around, “I know that you don’t sleep, but I’m sure you’re tired as well, here” she pats her right shoulder, he looks at it trying to seem uninterested but soon enough he began fixing his position to rest on her shoulder as well, “that’s the least I can do for you” she smiles, he is not sleeping, yet he looks at her hand that flipping through the pages, “your hand looks cold” he says as he stretches out his arm to hold hers she’s trying to distract herself from talking to him but what he just did needed something to be said about “ you know I’m going there to meet my “lover” right?” . He doesn’t reply just trying to feel though every finger of her hand with his hands, he didn’t want to answer, at least not for now.

“Why are you here?” her question provokes him, wouldn’t you be in china already like you don’t need to ride an airplane to do that don’t you?

His eyes did not move from their hands as he said “I could sail there but it would take too long and you know how much I hate water.” He smirked, she laughed at his stupid reply she eventually fell asleep as well with her head resting on Chen’s head making him feel more secure, and safe.

………………..

Chen and Tavia arrive in Beijing as a lady greets them, she seems smart beautiful and sure damn mature, “WELCOME TO CHINA” she smiles as she speaks energetically, tavia and half asleep chen greet her first with a smile second with a handshake , “you must be tavia, we’ve talked on the phone” she reached out for tavia’s hand as she stretched  hers and shook her hand, tavia points at chen as she say “this is chen, my… closest friend, and guardian” she laughs as chen shakes her hand as well “and I’m seo, it’s a pleasure to meet both of you” she smiles and chen and tavia both nod at her as she show them the way to her car.

……..

Both are seated in the car tavia is on the passenger seat and chen is cramped with the luggage at the back. “are you okay there chen?” chen awkwardly laughs as he say “uhh, yes hehe” she gave him apologetic eyes for not bringing a bigger car, and tells them “ you two must be tired, I will first take you to the hotel and then after you guys take some rest I will come by and take you to the game.”  And so the journey begins but with this small pause.

…………………

Chen is alone in his room, but his heart is telling him something is off, he opens the room door to find tavia having a hard time moving inside her bags,” why didn’t you ask for me?” he asked felling offended, “ you we’re sleepy and I didn’t want to stress you,” she looked down, “well don’t call me your guardian if I can’t do that for you”, she tries to hide the embarrassment away “do you like it? Being called my guardian?”

“my guardian~” she says with a sweet tone, he smiles as he says with a pout “of course!! I really deserve that title”

She lets out a loud laugh that she soon covered in shock, but continued to laugh Anyways,

She jumped on the bed laying her back as chen looks at her relaxed face for the first time and says “are you that happy to see your fiancé?”  he smiles. But soon he see that her expression turned darker as she covered her face and all of the sudden all the stress from before is back, he immediately backs down and says “ uhh, well who knows you know these things are like fate you never know, right?”

She turns over to face chen as she looks at him with opened wide eyes and says” you know what I remembered? Suho is also here”

Chen’s face froze, “WHAT?” she is pulling her hair away from her face as she tries not to scare him but that’s the truth, “he is actually with kyungsoo, that’s kind of why I’m here,  I’m afraid something might happen to him and honestly I am getting help from someone”

Chen looks at her With the same look as his mouth now is wide open “please don’t mention that ghost if that’s so I SWEAR WITH ALL MY MIGHT I WILL GO BACK ALONE AND NOT SPEND ANOTHER SECOND HERE”

She gets frustrated by his attitude and stars yelling as well “DIDN’T YOU SAY YOU’D PROTECT ME? TAKE CARE OF ME? BE MY GUARDIAN?!!! ARE YOU TAKING ALL THESE WORDS BACK? Can’t you just please for once treat me like I’m a sane human being and start respecting my choices like please?”

He looks down at the floor as his hands turned cold and dropped what he was holding, “I’m leaving for now, wake me up when it’s time for the game”

He walks out and gives her a view of his could shoulder causing tears to gather in her eyes and silently she began crying and shoving her face into a pillow to block the noise,

She felt something pressing her from the back, something pressing her entire body, but it felt like stabbing when it came to her shoulders, she knew who he was, she said with a shaky voice “what do you want?” he didn’t say anything but she could tell he’s trying to comfort her, “everything is going to be fine, but for now try to sleep” he says as runs his fingers through her hair. He gets up from the bed and pull the blankets to cover her as he walks and dim down the lights, and goes back again to the room “don’t worry I’ll guard you” he said as she felt him going indie the bed with her, she gave him a death glare that actually scared him but he defended himself by saying “hey, I mean what if you needed something and I was too far away,” he started to build a fence using pillows “look I will not cross that, but just to let you know I’m there for you.”

She rolled her eyes and went to sleep hoping she’d feel better after waking up. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small note: this chapter is dedicated to my bestfriend @ey-aks-ow and i would like to tell her: JUST GOT REAL SO YOU BETTER GET READY