Chapter 4

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

Both of them entered and chose a cosy spot by the glass wall, and while he went to order, Seohyun overlooked a skating rink, her mind recalling the day where they held hands for the first time. Now 6 years later she always wonders, will it still feel the same?

She didn’t notice him coming back, he cleared his throat and looked straight into her eyes, drinking every bit of beauty and innocence that they exuded.

‘’Seohyun-ah,  I’ve been looking for you all my life ’’ .

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

She gazed at him with the most puzzled expression, they had just met after 6 years after successfully avoiding him at every do and ceremony and THIS is how he reveals his intentions.

‘’Neeee?! Oppa? What?’’ , she gaped at him, and she exhaled loudly through her nose when he started laughing at her.

’Calm down Seohyun-ah, it’s my new single for the Korean album, I finally finished composing it in Jeju Island, and that’s why i caught a later flight because I was too engrossed in my work.’’

Although Yonghwa greatly enjoyed this reaction, seeing how flustered and red she had become, this behaviour was a confirmation of sorts for her. After all, she had been his muse for so many years now, his each song was dedicated to her and how she affected him. He had been really hurt when she had decided to stop responding to his calls, citing reasons of privacy and reputation, his ego as a man had been trampled upon over and over again, and yet, life always put him in situations like these.

He watched her sip her goguma latte, avoiding eye contact with him, Yonghwa’s mind reeled back to 2012, in Niigata where they were going to perform Banmal song, a song so special that it was only about them.

6 years ago...

‘’Hyung, why did you leave her hand immediately after the performance? , Could you have NOT chickened out when she was the one initiating? ‘’ , Yonghwa slumped on the sofa , while staring at his maknae dongsaeng.

‘’Yaah! Do you know how hard it was for me to do that? I was about to give her a hug, but avoided it, don’t you understand Hyun at all?, she’s kinda conservative, plus she’s made it clear that I can have no feelings for her, and neither can she.’’ , Yonghwa half-smiled, half yelled at the bassist, with a sad smile.

‘’Date in secret hyung, look at SNSD noonas’’

‘’I wouldn’t mind going public with her, but she has no feelings for me.’’

Jonghyun and Minhyuk eyes followed the two arguing like they were watching an intense tennis match.

‘’But’’ , Jungshin barely opened his mouth to retaliate back when Jonghyun stepped between the two, and said , ‘’ Follow me’’ , making the maknae gulp as he attempted to hide behind Minhyuk who was now laughing shamelessly.

Jonghyun couldn’t bear to see his hyung broken again, it had taken a great deal of effort for him to forget his heartache and produce mind blowing music, and the maknae, even though he meant well, was being an airhead, seeing that his brains were in his knees rather than his head.

‘’Jungshin-ah kaja’’ , Minhyuk tugged at his brother’s sleeves before he got hit by Jonghyun hyung in the toilets again!

‘’Goodnight hyung and don’t think too much’’ , he added to the leader who was now laughing at the bassist being dragged from one brother to another.

Laughing, Jonghyun turned to Yonghwa and put his hand and the shoulder and added in a solemn tone, ‘’Hyung, your time will come.’’

‘’Ahra, I’ve been looking for her all my life.’’

End of flashback.

‘’Oppa?’’

‘’Oppaaa?’’

OPPPAAAAA

‘’Huh, wae?’’ , Yonghwa suddenly broke from his trance, returning to present day, watching his sarang bit waving her spoon at him and pointing at his coffee which was now cold.

‘’You were staring at me like a hopeless byuntae, all smiling creepily’’ , she shuddered and laughed at his alarmed expression. Gotcha!!!

‘’Yah, Joo Hyun-ssi, where are your manners? Is it nice to call your oppa a byuntae? Neon jaemi eopso, maneo eopso’’ , He childishly turned away from her, crossing his arms.

She cracked an angelic smile and continued staring at the skating rink, memories flooding her mind.

‘’Do you remember our date in the skating rink during WGM’, She suddenly asked him, making him surprised at how she was digging up the past.

‘’Do you remember our date in the skating rink after WGM, Hyun? ‘’

She hadn’t expected it to slip out and his question made her even more conscious. She refused to stare at him. All she could think of was the winter in 2012, when he had professed his feelings for her.

6 Years back...

To Hyun :

Come to Insadong park at 7, I’ll wait for you. And already asked your manager and unnies. J

To Yonghwa oppa :

Insadong? Waeyo? All okay?

To Hyun :

Just come, it’s a surprise ;)

To Yonghwa oppa :

Arasso Yong choding :P

She kept her phone aside and ran to her wardrobe. She wanted to dress up, not too flashily but enough to look special. It had been a while since she had met him and hanging out with him was fun, he made her laugh, bore her fancies, treated her like a queen, and she had tried so many new things with him which she hadn’t with any oppa she knew. He was a special oppa. She had almost fallen in love with him, only to hold herself back. She wasn’t ready to commit. She was afraid...

At 6 in the evening , she headed out.

‘’Unnie, I’ll be late today I think, Don’t wait up for me’’

‘’Hyunnie, where is Yong-seobang taking you?’’ , Yuri asked her, smiling.

Seohyun rolled her eyes at Yong seobang, unnies hadn’t gotten over that name for him aish!

‘’I don’t know, he said Insadong. I’ll text you ‘’.

He had sent her his car. As always, he always treats me well, Seohyun gloated in her thoughts.

After 45 minutes she reached Insadong location. Her eyebrows shot up at the sight in front of her.

An Ice Skating rink. And Yonghwa standing in the middle, fastening his skates. He looked up to find her gaping at him with her eyes as oval as gogumas.

‘’ Oh, you’re here’’ , he skated towards her smiling, ‘’I have an extra pair for you’’.

He made her sit on the bench and tied her skates for her, occasionally looking up at her to smile at her.

‘’Oppa, why are we here?’’

‘’To skate’’

‘’But’’

“Wae? Shiro? I really wanted to skate and skating with you is fun. Kaja’’

They skated towards the middle, going round in circles, eventually Seohyun overcame her discomfort and was enjoying herself.

‘’Look oppa, can you pirouette like me’’

‘’Aniya, I wouldn’t look as pretty as you or Kim Yuna’’

‘’Haha, then let me see Yong Yuna’’

He did a clumsy pirouette, almost falling on his , But Seohyun caught his hand in time making both of them lose their balance so that she was on top of him.

Time stood still, their breaths were fanning each others faces. They slowly sat on the icy floor, faces hot with blush. Yonghwa cupped her red cheek, with a gentle expression trapped in his eyes. She couldn’t meet his eyes. She was scared to look at them. And his touch was not helping!!!

She got up, brushing her knees, when she heard her name being caressed on his tongue, only to find him on his knees.

‘’Seohyun, it’s been two years since I’ve been with you, you were in my thoughts, in my songs and a part of my world. I warned myself to not fall in love with you, but how could I not? I couldn’t think of my name without calling yours out. I want you in my life forever. You’re all I have been thinking of. Accept my heart JooHyun-ah.’’

Yonghwa confessed in one breath, watching her reaction, her orbs fixated on him, lips quivering, emotions changing every 5 seconds. After what seemed like a lifetime, she deiced to speak.

‘’I can’t oppa, I’m sorry. Ireonaseyo’’

His expression turned wry, as if he had expected this, but couldn’t help relieving his heart.

She looked down, unable to meet his eye. Oh how much had she wanted to hear this from him, secretly she was overwhelmed, there were days when she would imagine how it would sound like if he were to confess to her, something simple and direct and not to the point. And this scene was basically something out of her head. But she couldn’t, how could she say yes to him, when she didn’t know her heart well. They were both on the brink of stardom and a relationship would only mess up and create drama in their life.

‘’Seohyun-ie, before you leave, I deserve to know why not? ‘’

She just bit her lips to stop the waterworks. She couldn’t even begin to explain the woolly mess in her head. This wasn’t right. No matter how right it seemed to her. She turned away.

‘’I’m sorry, that it’s over before it can even begin.’’ , she said to no one but herself.

End of flashback ...

‘’Yahh Earth to Seohyun’’ , Yonghwa waved his hand in front of her shiny, blank eyes.

‘’Yeah I remember that, wait, date? Pfsh as if’’ , she scoffed, her eyes returning to her usual animated expression.

‘’Don’t look at me with those eyes miss, now who being a byuntae? I could almost feel you scanning me from those eyes’’

‘’Oh mwoyaaa, gumanae oppa’’ , she pouted at him, making him chuckle.

They resumed to sipping their hot drinks, when Yonghwa suddenly looked up at her.

‘’I don’t regret that night one bit. Neither do I regret my heart.’’

‘’I do, I regret that night a lot.’’

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N :

Howdy peeps? I just love writing :D and writing fiction is even more fun. So here is the fourth chapter, its all Yongseo so lemme see you gogumas dancing :D I gave you all a glimpse of what happened between them, sorry if its too cliche, but I've never been in love myself so rom com and fiction is where i draw my colourful imagination from :P

So this was all angst and part fluff, I even included I'm sorry in this :) remember the opening line? :D and their interviews from GO Show where Jonghyun admitted that he hit Jungshin in the toilet lol

and for people who are subscribing and reading this story, A BIG THANK YOU, LEMME GIVE YOU SOME LOVE LOL.. means a lot to me!

Enjoy this one and comment :)