Chapter 1

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

Seoul. December, 2018

The surroundings were a perfect blend of green and white and the air had a toasty tinge in it due to Christmas Carols and Cookies. Everything was a mirror image of a winter wonderland, what with the holly and mistletoe being used to decorate every inch of space available in the palatial country home. Everything had a holy touch and perhaps a cold windy December eve was the best time to seal the promise of love into a lifetime commitment.

And Seohyun was here to witness the same.

Her mind recalled the day  it all happened...

Los Angeles. July,2018

Seohyun POV :

WHAT?

 GETTING MARRIED?

YAHHHHH?!?!

STOP JOKING!

AISH JINJJA, I WANT TO GET MARRIED FIRST :@

5 months ago, herself and her unnies had been taken by surprise * a lot * during their world tour in Los Angeles, when Jessica had told them about the proposal. Yep, Jessica Jung was tying the knot. None of the 8 soshi members could stomach this news well. Ice Princess? Married Ice Princess? Mrs Ice Princess??? Nahhhhh, they would rather believe that Sooyoung was allergic to chocolate ice-cream. But after thorough data processing and being sisters they had to accept and be genuinely happy for her.

‘’ Yah Sooyoung-ie, Sica gets married before you now! What the heck has that boyfriend of yours been doing for 2 years? ‘’ , Taeyon teased the girl, who was now drowning her PTSD in a bowl of icecream.

’Molla unnie, that babo only loves his bass and his cap collections *sigh*, someone has to become a bridesmaid for the second time already’’, Sooyung retorted back to Taeyon and squinted her eyes at Jessica who’s eyes were fixated at the fourth finger of her left hand.

‘’Stop staring at it already, it’s gonna melt’’ , Tiffany said, with an amused smile.

‘’Okay okay okay’’ , Jessica finally got out of her trance , ‘’Because I am the bride, I decided to choose 3 maids of honour’’

ME ME ME !!! , Sooyoung suddenly leaped towards Sica in excitement.

YAH CHOI SOO, YOU LEARN TO EAT ICECREAM  FIRST! , Yelled Taeyon, wiping the icecream from her dress, which the younger girl spilled in her excitement.

UNNIE! CHOOSE ME , ‘’Yoona pouted her lips and batted her eyelids with aegyo’’

ANIYA, Don’t choose Yoona, choose me , i’m gonna dance up the aisle :D , Hyoyeon said with a wide smile.

Hyo, IT’S A WEDDING, not Dancing With The Stars ! , Tiffany retorted at her blonde sister while elbowing Jessica.

‘’UNNIESSS SSSSSHHHHH ‘’

‘’ Seohyun-ah don’t you want to be my maid of honour?’’ , Jessica asked the maknae, clearly enjoying the tug of war being waged among her sisters.

’Aniyo unnie, I’ll be happy irregardless, just don’t make the bridesmaid dresses pink’’ , Seohyun winked at Jessica ,and whispered the latter to her incase Tiffany hears .The latter winked back at her and ruffled her hair.

‘’Okay ahjummas, I have made my decision and I will let you know during dinner’’ , Jessica smoothened her hair, and blew a kiss to the 8 intensely competitive and disgruntled women in the room , ‘’Because right now, I have a date ‘’ .

‘’Aish jinjja, she’s so heartless! ‘’

‘’Who do you will she choose? ‘’’

‘’Has to be me, I’m the leader and her best friend’’

‘’Yah stop being such a pig head’’

‘’I hope it isn’t me, I’ve been a bridesmaid four times now.’’

‘’I hope the dresses are pink, even a pale pink would do :D.’’

The girls continued to chatter away, discussing the wedding and how romantic their new brother in law was to propose Jessica during a LIVE 2AM Concert and using the human wave to spell out his love for the girl. The only person silent during this intense family discussion was Seohyun.

She was happy for her unnie and couldn’t believe what an amazing lady her soon-to-be bride-once- a-babo unnie had become, but at the same time a thought as serrated as ice was gnawing at the back of her mind. Someday could she be the one glowing with the warmth of his love too?

 

December 2018

Two women in impeccable high heels were pacing down a hotel lobby, waiting for the soon-to-be-Mr and Mrs Im Seulong to arrive. Most of the bride and groom’s friends were already enjoying inside , basking in the glory of endless champagne that was pouring in from left, right and centre.

‘’Unnie why aren’t they both here yet?!Cham who is late to their own rehearsal dinner? , Seohyun tugged at Sooyoung’s arm, who was busy eyeing the canapés that were being served through the glass door on her right.

‘’Calm down jjing-jjing, go eat a tart and relax. They must be stuck on the way.’’

Seohyun rolled her eyes and continued to stare at the main entrance, only to turn around and head back inside, when suddenly she heard distant voices that sounded like Jessica, only bossier and a muffled male voice.

‘’Oppa! I specifically told you to wear a red tie instead of this. We had to look colour-coordinated’’ , Seohyun saw Jessica, scrutinising her fiancè’s appearance and half glaring-half pouting at him.

‘’Well, you told me to wear something red, so I wore red socks Sica’’ , Seulong cupped her cheek and winked mischievously at her, ‘’Besides, no one is going to look at me when I have you by my side’’ , he added lovingly to her, only to find her playfully choking him with his tie.

Seohyun smiled at the silliness, her heart warming at the sight of the couple and went inside the hall.

The couple greeted everyone and everyone was having a great time catching up with their friends and family. The three maids of honour, Krystal , Tiffany and Seohyun were preparing their speeches about the couple, and giggling every now and then, watching Sunny and Yuri, seducing the groomsmen with killer aegyo, Jonghyun and Yoona talking intimately and forgetting everyone around them, Jungshin was killing Sooyoung with endless amount of aegyo to appease his noona, what surprised and made them double with laughter was that Minhyuk who was now being mercilessly attacked by three killer noonas- Victoria, Taeyon and Hyoyeon- who seemed to be pursuing him to be a part of their dance performance for the reception.

Everything was progressing smoothly, with Krystal and Tiffany reducing Jessica to tears with their speeches, now it was Seohyun’s turn to speak and hopefully not make the bride-to-be cry.

She stood up, and raised her champagne flute, making people turn their attention towards the gorgeous lady in a navy blue.She cleared and gazed lovingly at her sister and the blessing in her life.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and a screen in the middle of the hall began a montage of memories that tried to span 15 years of togetherness.

Good Evening Friends and Family, it feels beautiful to witness true love and companionship right before my eyes tonight, although I am certainly not going to be the teary maknae, but today let me warn our dearest brother in law, because I was Sica unnie’s roommate during the initial days of our training, and aigoo, unnie has a habit of sleep talking in English, so at that point she used to wake me up and sing in English and then order me around at midnight * everyone laughs while Jessica is red in the face, while Krytal gave Seohyun a thumbs up * . Seulong oppa, I hope you know how to cook breakfast,because unnie is hardly a morning person *wink* .

During our early days, i had twisted my ankle badly, and Sica unnie stayed up with me all night making me watch the entire Lion King series and telling me that I had to be as strong as Simba and a hurt ankle was nothing to be sad, that’s when I felt how grateful i was to be your dongsaeng unnie.

*everyone awws, and Jessica blows Seohyun a playful kiss (See what i did there LOL) *

Unnie you were always there for me whenever i needed you, except in the mornings because you were busy dreaming and waking you up was like waking up Satan’s child. * laughter*

And, I feel totally awesome tonight because i beat the competition to become the coveted maid of honour, so special love for you tonight unnie and oppa. I’m going to sing you your favourite song that i prepared especially tonight.

Seohyun gestures Tiffany ,Sunny and Jonghyun to accompany her on the stage while she sings.

Ne,I’m going to sing Endless Love !

Just as she was about to start, with the spotlight on her, a deep voice sounded across the dim hall. A voice, so familiar to her. A voice she had avoided in the past 6 years. A voice that sang just for her. His voice.

 

 

‘’Sorry, I am late.’’

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

 

Hey guys :D wow 25 subbies already * BIG GIGANTIC HUGS FOR YOU GUYS*

ok so the first chapter is up..I kinda had an idea so i quickly wrote this one down, its sort of an introduction so don't get bored and lemme know if you liked it or not.

I love you guys and comment after reading :) each comment makes my day :)