Chapter 15

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

 It was currently 3 : 40 AM and a certain woman had fallen asleep on the unfortunate shoulder of Mr. Jung Yonghwa, who was struggling to keep his eyes open and his hands under control.

Well, a little nap won’t hurt right? His usual school boy personality oozed out as he prepared to lower down his head on hers and maybe do something with those struggling hands.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, the car halted with a jerk and Seohyun woke up, and her head came in contact with another head, knocking him sideways.

‘’Ouch ouch ahhhh, that hurt’’   , He exclaimed while rubbing his forehead.

Seohyun  was dazed and cranky.

’What an exaggeration! I didn’t do it on purpose oppa. Sorry’’

The driver opened up the door distract them both.

’Miss, your home has arrived’’.

‘’Ah ne, Thank you ahjushi. You have worked hard. Take care in the snow.

The driver bowed back and sat in his seat again, ready to drive back when he heard Yonghwa telling him to stop and roll the windows up.

Seohyun heard the commotion behind him , watching him walk towards her.

‘’Oppa, you should sit inside, don’t come out in the snow. It’s okay’’

‘’Well, I just could not have let you go like that’’.

‘’Why? It’s okay, go quickly, it’s freezing’’

‘’I need to do this right Joo-Hyun ah’’

‘’Ey, now is not the Manly Busan Pride time. Besides, real men don’t feel cold’’ , she winked at him.

‘’Yah, how can you say that so easily?’’

‘’Why can’t I?’’

‘’Do you want me to go down on one knee right now?’’

‘’Don’t joke.’’

‘’I’m not. I’ll do whatever it takes for you to accept us together’’

‘’Is this what you meant by ‘the woman I love’ . Oppa , i need answers, but i also have a lot of questions’’.

‘’It is what you think it is Seohyun-ah’’

He takes her hand in his, blows warm breaths on it, and looks her straight in the eye. Her expression,  cold yet warm.

‘’ What I said to you 6 years back, What I say to you through my music is the truth and that remains unchanged. Like my feelings for you, if possible they are stronger, because I know you are the one I want to spend the rest of my mornings with. You are the one I want to end my days with. For 6 years, It has been you all along Joo Hyun. I know you do feel something for me, because your heart was talking a while back. The way you look at me, I know I affect you. But I will wait wholeheartedly, and patiently to help you accept me and us. I will always provide you the love and security you deserve ‘’ .

He let go of her hands and gave her a small smile, possibly waiting for her to talk.

 But she stood fixed on her spot. She was unsure of love, not him. How should she formulate this?

She was slapping herself mentally for being so succinct. Or the lack of it.

‘’I’m sorry for putting you through so much’’ , she gave him a small smile and turned around to walk away because she could sense the waterworks coming on, but instead she felt her wrist being yanked on, turning her around to face him.

‘’Opp-‘’

She felt warmth on her forehead, as he lingered a bit longer to kiss her.

‘’Go inside Joohyun-ah, it’s a bloody blizzard’’ , he gave her a toothy grin,daring her to explode at the word ‘blizzard’ once more.

She looked at him , nodded once and trudged along her home.

As he saw her go inside, he slithered inside the warm interiors of the car himself. He had made his point and moved her heart. There was no way she could deny what she felt.

For the first time, Jung Yonghwa had confidence that his heart would flutter again.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun sat in front of her mirror. She was clueless and nervous. She fiddled around , cleaning her face and getting ready for bed. Once all done, she finally rested herself on her bed and waited for sleep to come.

4 : 20 AM –

The bold red numbers made no sense to her , she turned to face away from them, hoping sleep would come soon and calm her hammering heartbeat.

4: 30 AM –

She brushed back her hair and closed her eyes.

‘’Yes, how can I sleep with my eyes open. Ah, silly me!’’

She tried to hypnotise herself into slumber.

4: 55 AM

She couldn’t take it anymore. She sat up and frowned at the digital clock . Why was she so restless today? Sighing, she got up to make herself some warm milk in the kitchen. Her eyes landed on an orange polka dotted cup she had since she was 20. The cup was special.

She laughed to herself, remembering the to-be-married couple days.

Sigh.

This was one of the first things he had gotten her. Sure it was a show, but her memories were personal and her own.

Deciding that she wasn’t going to get any sleep today,  unless she sorted herself out. She went inside her parent’s storage and brought back a pink coloured box . Bracing herself she opened up memories from 8 years back. Half smiling and half grimacing, she emptied the contents of the box.

A promising letter.

A photo diary.

A guide book to Japan.

Polaroids .

A butterfly necklace.

3D glasses.

But what made her heart skip a beat was a metallic object. Their couple rings.

She put her hands on her face, disappointed in herself. Those rings were special. He was special.

They were special.

So what was she so afraid of ?

Her fans? Her status as a pure idols? Losing her independence? Love?

She scoffed at herself.

She should be scared without love.

She put the ring on her palms and tried  hard to not cry. How many times had she felt jealous of her unnies, when they were gushing about dates and anniversaries. How jealous she used to be when she had to act like a wing woman for her unnies who had sneaked out to enjoy their dates.

Why couldn’t she be completely happy for Jessica, when she announced her wedding.

No, she was happy. Surely she was, but at the back of her mind, she wanted to walk down the altar too.

She wanted to be happy too.

She wanted to be the belle of the ball as well.

She wanted to be with the one she loved too.

Love. Why was she so scared to love? Sure she had fallen hard for him,but she could still pick herself back up and lead her life like always.

Taking a deep breath, she slumped on the couch and fell on top of the huge toy bear. That’s when she realised.

The bear was also his imprint on her life. He was gone, so that bear could be with her always, as a part of him.

She had named the bear too.

Tears welled in her eyes as a mesmerising smile played on her lips.

She got up, knowing well what she had to do.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It was 4:30 AM and the world outside was blue and dark.

Yonghwa was welcomed home by 3 extra pairs of footwear, feminine ones. He shook his head in understanding and walked to his room.

He switched on the lights and stared at the mess of paper on his floor.

He slapped his forehead, remembering how he was composing a new song and writing lyrics about hopeful love. Knowing that sleep was probably not going to visit him today,he took a deep breath and began writing the lyrics from where he had left them. His situation was nothing but hopeful at the moment. Smiling slightly he continued.

Around 45 minutes later, just as he was about to begin on the chorus, his phone vibrated.

His eyes widened as he saw the name flashing on the screen.

 

 

 

Seohyun had walked all the way to his dorm. She could have driven herself, but she was radiating with new found energy and HAD to channelise it. Hence, on foot , be it.

Around 30 minutes later , she finally reached her destination.

Cheeks pink with heat , she walked to his floor. Again, not taking the elevator, because her energy was beginning to convert into nervousness, and she had to avoid it any cost.

Knowing well, that the clock was still swinging its hands in an ungodly hour and the other members were sleeping, she didn’t ring the bell. Neither did she key in the password like Minhyuk had told her , because she did not want to encroach on their space.

The last resort was to call him out.

With shaking fingers she dialled his number, ready to hang up as soon as it connected. But thankfully, he picked it up on the 5th ring.

Hello?

‘’Oh, oppa, it’s me’’

I know Hyun, what’s wrong?

‘’Um..’’

Yes?

‘’Can you open the door please?’’

What door?

‘’Your  main door oppa’’.

Talk clearly please.

‘’I am standing in front of your dorm right now.  Will you let me in?’’

He cut the call, feeling bizarre. She was here? It couldn’t be, he just dropped her a while back. Still, he went outside and checked the door. Holy moly!

Opening it quickly, he scanned the figure before him from head to toe. She was standing in front of him in her sweats, her face rosy and her breathing erratic.

’Hyun why ar-‘’

‘’Oppa , let me enter . Please ‘’

‘’Ofcourse, please come inside’’

She entered and removed her shoes, gave him a questioning look as she recognised the three pairs that didn’t belong in a dorm full of men.

Without his consent, she marches towards his room as he follows her and looks around, trying hard to put her thoughts into fathomable words. Instead she spots his guitar, deciding she would sing him a song, she takes it into her lap and strums it.

He’s staring at her.

Has she gone nuts? Is she still drunk?

‘’Hyun, is everything okay with you?’’

‘’Hm? Oh yea’’

She starts strumming it to a familiar tune, and suddenly stops as she notices his hard gaze on her. She gulps nervously and walks towards the kitchen.

Yonghwa again follows suit.

She’s behaving strangely.

He watches her pour water in a glass, and spilling it. She gulps the water rather nervously. After a calming drink, as she is about to go to back to his room to play the guitar, he grabs her by the shoulder and gently plops her on the living room couch.

‘’Talk to me Hyun. Why are you here?’’

‘’Well..’’

‘’Yes, it’s okay. Talk to oppa’’

‘’...’’

‘’Who dropped you here? ‘’

‘’I walked here’’

‘’WHAT?’you walked in the blizzard? Neo michaesso?’’

‘’I had to come here’’

‘’Why? You could have called me up instead’’

‘’I needed to see you oppa. My mind is about to burst with crazy’’

‘’Is it about earlier Seohyun?’’

She nodded.

’Okay, I’m here. Tell me’’

She drew a breath in and looked at him.

Pulling her head close to him, she aimed for his lips. Yes, she needed to be sure. Her lips touched his surprised ones and as she drew him closer to her, the warmth from him was a sign.

She broke the contact and walked away from him. Taking a velvet box from her bag she finally sat across him. She began her speech, knowing well that she had shushed him for good.

’People say that its best to tell someone that you love them. True you might be ridiculed, but its always worth the try. But no one said that it required such hard bravery. You know I have issues with people, oppa. But even then you have always made sure that I was never without love. I came here  to confirm your love for me. I know what i am for you, i know what you are to me.  I have pushed you away when you needed me the most, how can you still say that you love me?

Isn’t it selfish on my part to leave you like this, even though you never left?

I have struggled with my feelings for 6 years now-‘’

And now?’’ , he cut her emotional rant softly, his heart clenched tightly.

‘’I’m over my reservations. I need you in my life Yonghwa, I never fell out of love with you. I was way too scared to live that love with you. Not anymore, I ,  I love you. I really love yo-‘’

Her words were interrupted as he crashed his lips on hers fiercely. He kissed her with feeling, his mind doing backflips as he acted on needs.

After what seemed like ages, the broke apart, panting and flushed.

She looked at her lap, when he caressed her cheek and made her eyes on the same level as him. Her face red and emotional, but her eyes were happy.

Trailing his fingers along the contours of her face, he chuckled.

‘’Well , that’s how you confirm and seal my love, love! ‘’

She looked across the room, shy with excitement. Not daring to look at him. But her resolve faltered as she directed her eyes on him.

‘’so?’’

‘’so what?’’

‘’Say it oppa’’

‘’Say what Hyun?’’

‘’Nothing’’

‘’Really? But I want to say something’’

‘’Like what?’’

‘’Likeee..you’re mine Seo JooHyun. I Love You Too’’.

She took out a box from her hand, revealing the contents. The rings.

They slid the couple rings into each other’s fingers and looked at them warmly, they were in their own place. They knew it.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Hello, double update today :)

this chapter is seriously so long that another chapter is pending :P but that would be the next chapter :)

So finally the flashback is over, i wanted to make it a detailed one, because it links back to the story.

they kiss way tooo much :P but i am not going to describe more kissing scenes because im shy like that lol

hope you loved these, i really don't want to disappoint my readers ! is the story going at a bizzare pace?

did you guys see the latest bluemoon fancams! HEOL i am soooo jealous :(

CNBLUE WERE DAEBAKKKKKKK!!!

they even spoke in spanish and i'm like :O

okay enough rant :P

go comment n lemme know how you liked it :)

love you guys!

ps : i miss summers.