Chapter 14

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

It wasn’t a long walk, as anxious name calling told them they had reached their destination.

 

Panic.

 

Yonghwa mentally  facepalmed himself as he saw Seulong in a frantic state, the floor was a mess with wasabi, bottles and empty sushi boxes.

Jonghyun and Yonghwa gave each the ‘’look’’ as they saw a polarity in the room. Seulong was standing by the French windows, while Jinwoon, JoKwon , Min and Nichkhun were sitting on the couch with defeated expressions, occasionally whispering to one another and stealing glances at the deranged groom .

Suddenly , the exisiting groom party noticed new entrants.

’Oh, Yonghwa hyung! Finally you’re here!’’ , Jinwoon stood up and ran to his side, bumping his fist with Jonghyun who had advanced towards the remaining sushi.

On hearing the ‘ Y ’ word, Seulong whipped his head and heaved a sigh of relief.

Yonghwa shook his head when he saw how stressed his best friend looked.

‘’Yah,  why are you so hormonal? I could hear you from 3 floors down. And why aren’t you dressed yet? Your photographer needs to click you before the ceremony. Also can you stop being so nervous? Why woul- ‘’

Yonghwa’s monologue was cut off when Seulong hugged him in need. He was glad to have his best friend by his side. No matter how dear s and other friends were, Yonghwa was his brother. Yonghwa hugged his back, slapping his back when he couldn’t stand the bromance anymore.

‘’Oppa, you NEED to stop being such a runaway bride okay? ‘’ , Min held Seulong and forced him into the chair, touching up his face and hair to its former glory.

’Min Young-ah, stop babying me’’

‘’Well, stop being a baby then. Weren’t you the one who was so full of love? And Jessica unnie might be nervous too, but she would be counting on your support’’ .

’Waah, our Min has grown up hasn’t she?’’ , Nichkhun ruffled her hair while she rolled her eyes.

‘’5 boyfriends do the trick oppa. Heartbreak matures people’’ , she dodged his attempt to muss up her hair further. Having practically grown up with these boys, she was used to their childish antics to her irk her.

Meanwhile , Yonghwa was reading the vows Seulong had written for his bride, sealed in a beautiful song. His expression was dreamy as he imagined various scenarios where he could be singing these to his lady love.

Jonghyun who passed up no moment to tease his hyung , had diverted his attention from the food to the leader, his lips playing a charming smile as he nudged JoKwon and Jinwoon.

‘’Well, looks like someone’s heart is playing the drums too. Yah Jung Yonghwa, will you ever tell us how you ‘fessed up to your lovely lady?’’ , Nichkhun elbowed the rocker playfully.

‘’Eyy hyung, we really want to know!!!’’

‘’Aish, know what exactly?’’

‘’About you and  Seohyun. Duh!’’

‘’Yah, Lee jonghyun and JoKwon, focus on Seulong today’’.

’Actually even I want to know Yonghwa-ya’’ , Seulong smirked in his seat, his mind at ease and distracted.

‘’Neo , why are you asking me this? ‘’ , he blushed a shade as deep as his bowtie.

‘’Waah, who says boys don’t blush’’ , Min laughed at Yonghwa’s expense.

‘’Lee Min Young!!’’

‘’Yes, Jung Yonghwa oppa?’’

‘’C’mon hyung, it’s just us. You have to tell us okay?’’

‘’Consider this a wedding present babo-ah’’

‘’Didn’t I already give you a very expensive wedding present?’’

‘’Don’t get technical. I’m still hormonal’’

‘’Hyung please, we can’t go through another ‘OMG HOW DO I GET MARRIED?!’ attack’’ , Jinwoon acted dramatically, earning himself a smack from the groom himself.

‘’Jung Jinwoon , i curse you a life of bachelorhood’’

‘’Mianheyo hyung’’ , Jinwoon flashed him a bashful grin.

Jonghyun stood up and smirked deviously at his leader and held an invisible mike to him, inviting him to speak.

‘’speak up hyung, or I tell?’’ , he egged the leader, who was busy giving him the stink eye.

‘’Fine. Fine. Fine.  Anja ppalli’’

Everyone scurried towards the couch, like kids anticipating a magical story and waited with bated breaths. Since they all knew something had happened for good, and was not blasted on the internet anywhere after the sighting news. They were desperate for the first hand information.

Yonghwa chuckled slightly while watching a dazed shine in 6 pairs of eyes who were awaiting a show.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Flashback :

 

 

’I said that because walking in the snow is romantic’’ , she half yelled at him.

Yonghwa  gaped at the woman infront of him, taking in what she had just yelled out. Brushing his hair out of his eyes , a mischievous smile played on his lips while he took a seat opposite to her.Resting his face on the front of his palms, he tilted to one side and observed her . She was glaring hard at the floor, crossing her arms and a very upsetting frown etched on her beautiful face.

Silence.

Awkward silence, punctuated with loud breathing.

‘’I can walk’’ , he broke the disturbing silence between.

Really?’’  

‘’Really’’.

Her eyes again smiled at him. Instant  aegyo  card.

‘’I can walk till Namsan with you’’.

‘’Huh? Why Namsan? ‘’

‘’Because walking with the woman I love in front of the whole world seems more romantic to me. Don’t you think? ‘’

‘’The woman you...? ‘’

She stared long and hard at him. So did he say the L word? She suddenly becomes hushed. Sure she knew it , but when it’s out in the open , She became silenced.

Yonghwa knew that she wasn’t uncomfortable. Just processing everything. She had grown up a lot, expanded her courage too. Now, she wasn’t the timid, uptight girl anymore.

Uptight , he laughed internally while observing her from the sidelines, but removing his gaze when she looked at him, examining his callussed fingers suddenly.

The silence was thick with unspoken words and questions, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. He knew that she knew his heart. She knew that his heart was true.

But what was she supposed to say?

Yes, she wanted to say it. But how do you confess in real life without looking stupid?

She sighed.

He looked at her, with an amused twinkle in his eye.

He knew she was being herself. Fighting against her usual norm.

This is the time to take things in my hand.

‘’C’mon Seohyun, let’s leave from here. It is late and we have an early start tomorrow’’ , he waited for her get up, but then ended up grabbing her wrists and gently hoisting her up when she refused to process his voice.

The sudden contact made her gasp, but instead of kicking himself inwardly, Yonghwa pretended to not notice this. They would have to get used to this. Just words were not enough.

They bade goodbye to Minhyuk’s father who had stayed in the restaurant owing to the snow. They felt bad for keeping him but he waved them off . They said their goodbyes

Silence.

He couldn’t fathom her silence.  Had he expected too much again?

 

 

 

No.

She was the one who kissed me.

But she was under influence.

That doesn’t matter, it only enhances the truth of her heart.

It could be need too.

No. No ways. Seohyun is a saint. It can’t be need.

Wait, saint?

I’m going crazy. What the heck is she thinking?

 

 

 

His internal battle where he was arguing both sides made him oblivious to the surroundings. He didn’t turn around until he heard a male voice calling out his name in confusion and desperation and Seohyun shyly tugging his wrist.

He broke his reverie and saw a shiny black car waiting for them with a stout man calling their attention. His expression showed gratitude as he realised whose car it was.

‘’Oh ahjushi. I’m sorry i almost passed by you. I’m so thrilled to see you, this blizzard is killing me.’’

‘’It’s okay Sir. It is difficult to see-‘’

‘’YAH, didn’t you say you will walk. What do you mean it’s killing you?!?!’’

‘’Aish, how impolite’’ , he rubbed his arm where she had smacked him and rubbed his temple when he saw her get into the car by herself.

Bowing to the driver, he got in himself and told him her address.

The car sped off in the darkness of night and into the dawn of falling snow.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 A/N :

Hello! so this is actually the first half of my update, since the whole chapter got too long ( and long is not my style :P ) I am branching it into 2 chapters for the convenience of reading :)

so double update today :D

 

will post the next chapter before sleeping ;)

till then read and comment !