Chapter 3

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

Yonghwa POV :

How is  it that I always end up coming in front of you Seohyun-ah, always looking for you wherever I am. After all these years, I have still waited for you. Never moving forward,never feeling the same way.

Why do I always come looking for you? Babo when will you break that wall ?

Seohyun and Yonghwa were still fixated in their respective spots, gazing at each other, at the depths of emotion hidden in those shiny orbs, when suddenly a loud exclamation startled Yonghwa to look away to his right.

Oh God, could they be any more spastic?!

Seohyun suddenly felt hot and disoriented, as if waking up from a particularly engaging trance, only to find Minhyuk staring at her as if she was crazy.

‘’Wae? Are none of he girls good enough to flirt with?’’ , she joked feebly, knowing fully well that a rant full of nagging was about to come from him.

Minhyuk had been a good, faithful friend to her throughout these years, their was a certain connection between them, that made her see Minhyuk as a soulsister sometimes, with whom she could always vent without being judged. They were both similar to each other, yet different. She wasn’t brave like him. She had cowered in the face of the most fervent blessing that God could have given her. Him .

‘’Seororo, how many times have I told you? Follow your heart..don’t care about anything else, because everytime you tell your heart to hibernate and trust those goody two shoes brains of yours, you cry. And while no one can see them, I have to become your joker. Do you know how that affects my love life?’’ , Minhyuk shook his head, giving the girl a stern you-can’t-escape-my-nagging look, where she only shrank back, ready to snooze when it happens, only to widen her eyes disgust as he added the last part.

Before she could interject, he was swept away by Hyoyeon and Victoria to the dance floor. She shook her head with a smile and looked around.

The party was swinging in full force, with the groomsmen slinging dirt at Seulong and convincing Jessica that she’s marrying a napeun namja, everyone doubled up  with laughter when Jinwoon and Jo Kwon got up and dance to Run Devil Run , to further enhance their accusations towards their hyung.

‘’Hyungsoonim, Seulong hyung was a total womaniser in the past’’

‘’Yahhh Jung Jinwoon!!! , You just wait for your wedding’’

‘’Kwenchana hyung, I just won’t invite you’’ , Jinwoon stuck his tongue out at his hyung before getting hit on the head by Yonghwa.

‘’Like I said, 6 years ago, Seulong oppa is jinjja issange’’ , Seohyun mused and joined her friend Jinwoon .

Jessica was in fits, knowing well that they were just pulling her soon-to-be-husband’s leg. She decided to save him.

‘’It’s okay, hot people always attract attention’’ , she winked and gave Seulong a peck on his lips, earning a lot of whooooosssss from the table.

Seulong turned to Jinwoon and stuck his tongue out this time, making the maknae give him puppy eyes.

Meanwhile, as the clock neared midnight, the guests started to leave, leaving the best men and women behind along with the SeuSica couple.

‘’Waah unnieeee, the day is finally here’’ , Seohyun and Krystal  hugged their unnie , feeling slightly sentimental, making Jessica chuckle and pat their heads.

‘’Yahh, don’t make me cry. I now realise how awesome being single is’’ , she wiggled her eyebrows at her fiancé , daring him to comment.

‘’Yah Jung Soo Yeon, do you know how long I have waited for this moment,’’ Seulong put his arms around all 3 women, making them laugh at the failed attempt of aegyo.

‘’Speaking of almost single women, where did Tiffany go? ‘’ , Jessica finally looked around for her lost maid of honour.

‘’Oh I just saw her outside in the patio with Yonghwa, they were talking. ‘’ , Seulong said, while giving Seohyun a side-glance.

‘’Oh , if Yonghwa oppa is still around, then Minhyuk oppa would be here too’’ , Krystal happily stated.

‘’Yah brat, don’t cause anymore trouble. Your last break up was a nuisance.’’

‘’Whatever, go get married unnie’’

‘’Airhead’’

‘’Pfsh ahjumma’’

‘’Whoa cool it Jung sisters, stop fighting’’ , Tiffany entered the hall carrying a cup of cocoa , ‘’Oh wait, continue, I need some entertainment with my cocoa’’ .

“Tiffany unnie, Jessica unnie called you a single woman’’

‘’Bwo? Wae? ‘’

‘’Because you were with Yonghwa oppa’’

‘’Jessi, I was just checking with your decoraters for tomorrow, stop having such a colourful imagination. Besides, the man is already whipped ’’ , Tiffany winked at the Jung sisters and purposely said the latter in a voice louder than her usual for the maknae to hear, who was busy discussing the wedding with the manager tomorrow.

‘’Whipped? Oh he was whipped a long time back, Tiff we have to get them together. Hyunnie has eyes just for him and she just won’t realise it. Didn’t you see her during the song? ‘’ , Jessica dropped her voice so only Krystal and Tiffany could hear her.

’I know babe, but how? I can’t see Seohyun hurt and dejected’’

‘’Ookayy, you guys need to back off and let them do the talking. They need to be stuck TOGETHER! ‘’ , Krystal fanned herself and gave the older girls a knowing smile, ‘’Besides, Seohyun unnie is stubborn as hell, she won’t even listen to you.’’

‘’Well, little one what do you propose then?’’  , Jessica asked her .

‘’I’m only going to propose to Minhyuk oppa’’

*TiSica gave her a deadpan poker face, not daring to laugh at her lame joke*

’Arasso, I’ll think of a plan and tell you’’ , Krystal grinned sheepishly and left the two.

‘’Mum dropped her a lot when she was a baby ’’ , Jessica said, bemused .

‘’Yeah i figured’’ , Tiffany grinned and gave a shoulder fist to the bride.

Both of them turned to look at Seohyun, who was still going over the final details with the wedding planner, nodding and giving suggestions at appropriate pauses. They looked at each other and sighed. Seohyun caught their eye and gave them a twinkling smile.

‘’Unnie you should go back, I’ll handle this. Go and get some shut eye.’’

‘’I’m not leaving you alone here Hyunnie’’

‘’Eyy, it’s okay. Go’’

With a lot of insisting, the unnies and oppas finally left, leaving her with the final seating arrangement which she was going over for the nth time. When she finally realised the time, which was way past midnight, she decided to leave.

‘’Aigoo, it looks like it’s gonna snow again, ottoke?! , I don’t even have a car.’’ , she rummaged in her clutch  for her handphone to call a taxi service, when she suddenly saw a dark figure , with his hand outstretched to feel the faint falling of fresh snow. She walked towards the figure, coming face to face with the man she had always wanted to feel the first snow with.

‘’You didn’t leave?’’ , she asked in a soft, unsure tone, startling the latter.

‘’Oh, Seohyun-ssi, Why are you still here?’’

‘’I asked you something.’’

‘’Well, I was waiting for you’’ , he gave her a cheeky smile suddenly and added, ‘’I’ve been designated as your driver tonight. Kaja’’

She stayed rooted to her spot, not knowing how to react,it was too much to process for one night. Him calling her in honorifics, bowing to her, being distant. This hurt her. Him being like this, hurt her.

‘’It’s getting cold, c’mon you’ll freeze’’ .

She followed him through the falling blanket of white and sat in his car, feeling her warm cheeks and slightly itchy nose, which was a signal to alien tears being formed in her eyes.

Yonghwa started the engine and was about to drive, when he heard  a voice reprimanding him to fasten his seat belt.

‘’Aigoo, still not used to seat belts are you? , she rolled her eyes,regaining her usual snappish manner and  forgetting her distress momentarily.

’Ani, I just wanted you to say it again to me, you don’t know how much I missed this’’ , he chuckled making her self conscious again, ‘’So, seohyun-ssi, that was a beautiful performance, almost made me skip a heartbeat’’ .

‘’kamsahamnida Yonghwa-ssi’’ , she kept a straight face.

‘’Yonghwa-ssi? Animida ‘’

When she didn’t react to the last, he gave a long sigh and said , ‘’Aigoo do I have to sing the banmal song again Hyun? Yah bratty call me oppa ‘’

‘’Why should I?                                                                                               

‘’Because ex-married couples don’t behave this way’’ , he smirked knowing well he just made her lose the words in .

She blushed at his comment.

‘’Jjal jinaesso? I heard you bagged a drama, congrats ‘’ , Yonghwa attempted a feeble ice breaker, feeling the pregnant pause.

‘’Ne, It feels good to act sometimes, reality .’’

‘’It sure does. Rejection more.’’

‘’Huh?’’

‘’Aniya, I sort of crave something hot, want to drink something delicious?’’

‘’Ne? Oh, arasso’’ , she suddenly felt awkward when he looked at her that way. His eyes going slant and twinkling like a fairy light.

His face relaxed a little and he gave her a small smile. He spotted a fine looking cafe that was situated on a cliff. ( Not a real cliff, just the structure )

Both of them entered and chose a cosy spot by the glass wall, and while he went to order, Seohyun overlooked a skating rink, her mind recalling the day where they held hands for the first time. Now 6 years later she always wonders, will it still feel the same?

She didn’t notice him coming back, he cleared his throat and looked straight into her eyes, drinking every bit of beauty and innocence that they exuded.

‘’Seohyun-ah,  Ive been looking for you all my life ’’ .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Wow, the response to this fic has been great. I sincerely thank everyone for appreciating and commenting, and ofcourse to all my subscribers .. big kissie to you lovelies hehe!! Because I was so apprehensive of writing, this response made me enthusiastic to continue writing.  Anyways, this is the third chapter, I hope you like it.

The ending is a bit too skewed right? , but i have a reason ;) Lol, there is a bit of SeuSica in this chapter for one of the reader :) and yeah i still at cnsd interaction lol, but i'm getting there :)

Lve you guys and comment after reading :)