Chapter 17

A Kiss Under The Mistletoe!

July 2011

‘’Yonghwa your phone has been ringing off the hook, can you please release me from my headache?’’ , a very annoyed female manager shouted to the leader who was busy scanning some documents when he should be ideally practising his guitar. ‘’And also, can you stop the reading? If you like to read, then go to Seoul National, why bother becoming an idol?’’

‘’Eyy, noona this isn’t a book-‘’ Yonghwa opened his mouth, trying to mollify Shin Nam Joo, their artist manager when she just cut him off.

‘’You need to be careful, I know you have been reading ever since you ‘wife’  put you to them. The CEO expects a lot from CNBlue, don’t fall astray Yonghwa’’.

‘’Yes noona’’ , Yonghwa kept his stance humble and soft, after all he knew that everyone wanted CNBlue to succeed well.

‘’AND TAKE YOUR PHONE. I swear if Director YoungSan saw this’’

She stormed off the practice, when Yonghwa heaved a sigh of relief. Since his dongsaengs were still sleeping at home and they had finished the mid schedules 2 days back, everyone was enjoying a day of rest.

 Well everyone except him.

He still had to film for WGM, speaking of which, he knew he was in deep trouble. He had purposely planned it. Somehow his child like brain sped off at a bullet train’s speed when he was upto such stuff.

He wanted to wish her. But somehow a phonecall or a text just didn’t seem prudent enough. He might be in denial, but she was something to him.

He had gone to Hongdae earlier, to buy a gift.

But a gift alone wouldn’t cut it.

After all, she wasn’t just any girl.

She was someone who made his heart flutter.

He looked at the notification light in his phone and sure enough, their was a message. By her.

 

From  Seohyun :

Anneoyong ^^  Oppa we have a filming tomorrow. Be there on time.

 

 

From Seohyun :

Oppa? Did you not receive my message? (O^O )

 

From Hongki :

I met this really hot chick at the club last night. Too bad she was your fan :/ I hate you Yonghwa.

 

From Jonghyun :

Can you buy me some pork rib soup? And maybe some dumplings for later.  Jungshin is lazy to cook.

 

From mom :

Son, Are you practising well these days? Your concert is coming soon right? Don’t exhaust yourself in the heat. Mommy will meet you soon. And feed you till you grow fat. ^_^

 

From Jonghyun :

Say yes or no? Say yes please. Jungshin is making life hell for me.

 

From Jungshin :

Hyung i am this close to being eaten up by Jonghyun hyung. Either come save me..or come save me.

 

From Seohyun :

:x :x :x

 

Yonghwa sighed as he kept his phone away, it won’t be easy today. Reading the documents again, he looked inside the paper bag. It was a pair of couple rings for them, since he had always felt cheap over the 2000 won rings, which were now in varying states of ruin, he wanted to give her proper couple rings, that he chose, he even got the date he met her for the first time, engraved at the backside, along with couple necklace for the mother and daughter.

She just deserved these special things. How could she have had no male around her all this while?!

Looking at the clock , It was time to leave, he slowly gathered his things, and locked the door .

It was only when he went to the designated bus stop as the PD had informed him, he remembered.

Damn!

 

He had left the couple rings in the practise room.

And before he could excuse himself for 15 minutes and retrieve them, he saw her skipping towards him.

Jung Yonghwa you are so screwed...

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

December 2018

 

It was 11 in the morning, and slowly and steadily the guests had started filing in, oohing at each other while swigging down some good wine while chortling merrily with one another. Since most of the guests were from the entertainment industry, the wedding hall seemed more like an afterparty for a concert.

Jonghyun and Yoona were doing a loveshot on the behest of the Sistar and AOA girls , who apparently loved the couple to bits.

After drinking two loveshots, Yoona suddenly looked at  the youngest couple scurrying hurriedly, more like cantering down the corridor to meet them.

’What are they upto? Isn’t Minhyuk suddenly enthusiastic now that he and Krystal are making it work again’’

Jonghyun brushed her hair from her forehead and smirked at the maknae couple, their love story was a tromedy (tragic and comedy) .  Having seen Minhyuk nag and sulk at them for centuries , it was heartwarming and amusing to see him open his heart to that hyper Krystal Jung.

The maknae couple finally caught up with Jongyoon who were regarding them with an air of amusement and smiling at their cuteness.

‘’Hyung, we need your help’’

‘’Actually it’s Yonghwa oppa who needs help, seriously!!! –‘’

‘’Honey, Korean please. Jonghyun hyung’s English is pretty rusty’’

‘’Yah, I can walk English and I can talk English’’ , Jonghyun replied indignantly to his brother in English, while everyone laughed.

‘’Mianhe oppa, I TOTALLY forget what language i’m speaking in when I get excited’’.

‘’Okay okay, what help did you want?’’ , Yoona asked the girl before she would start rambling again.

‘’Well apparently Yonghwa oppa is about to propose to Seohyun unnieeeeee’’

‘’KRYSTAL SSSHHHHHH’’’

‘’Ohmigod! , Minhyuk clamped his hand to while looking around to see people looking at them.

‘’Okay, I’ll text you hyung. I need to ..you know’’

‘’Yeah, handle it before she explodes with excitement’’ , Yoona and Jonghyun laughed at the flustered Minhyuk who was now escorting Krystal outside.

Yoona turned to Jonghyun , when suddenly they heard a deep voice saying something which they shouldn’t have heard.

‘’Yonghwa sunbaenim is proposing Seohyun-ssi?!?!’’

Gasping they turned around to see 3 women in deep conversation.

Yoona looked at Jonghyun in alarm, when he just groaned.

Uh oh, hyung is gonna be in huge trouble.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Yonghwa took out a box from his back pockets, 7 years he had waited for her fingers to be adorned with the ring he had specially customised. Maybe it was all about the timing, and today could be it.

He knew everyone was expecting something more dramatic, which in his opinion was terrifying the pants off him.

 

 

Anyways, he will go straight up to her and slid it into her finger.

 No he will kneel.

Nah kneeling meant something else.

He will be cool like a Busan man.

He will send it through her sister. Yes, that’s what he will do.

 

 

 

As his internal battle was fizzling out,suddenly the groom came up to him.

‘’Yo, what’s that box for? It looks like a ring to me’’, Seulong wriggled his eyebrows as he saw Yonghwa hastily stashing the lot away. But Seulong was quick as he fished the box before Yonghwa could hide them.

‘’Yah, give them back!’’

‘’Yah? I’m your hyung punk!’’

 

‘’I’ll give it it to you, if and only if you tell me how exactly you are going to propose. Now that I’m going to marry, I can help’’.

Yonghwa chuckled as he contemplated coming out with the truth. True, one day he wanted a life with her, but it was way too soon. Heck, Seulong hyung won’t  even come to know.

’So, you’re going to marry Seohyun?’’ , Seulong whose jitters had returned  and was frowning at Yonghwa, who was twiddling a diamond ring in his hands.

 

‘’Someday, yes’’, He smilingly looked at the groom before offering him a shot of calming tonic to soothe his nerves, ‘’Why?’’

 

‘’Well 3 days is not your ideal courtship period. And frankly you have stolen mine and Sica’s shine already with your love scandal’’

 

‘’Well, I am a special man with a special love after all !’’

 

‘’Really?  Are you gonna be all love sick over me now? You’re practically puking rainbows right now. I need Minhyuk’s cynicism. No wait, Minhyuk is whipped too. JoKwon i need JoKwon now.’’

 

‘’You are too much my friend’’ , Yonghwa patted the groom’s shoulder and chortled .

 

Suddenly Minhyuk and Krystal entered hand in hand.

 

’Waah,Krystal you are so pretty’’ , JoKwon complimented the girl while his eyes were as big as saucers.

 

‘’Hyung, she’s kinda taken!’’ , Minhyuk hid her behind him and shouted to Yonghwa  who was standing near the French windows with Seulong.

 

’HYUNG, the rabbit has taken the bait’’ , and with that he and Krystal saluted the leader .

 

‘’Rabbit?’’ (Jinwoon)

 

’Bait?’’ ( Nichkhun)

 

 

 

 

‘’Yah, what are you upto at my wedding?’’

‘’Whatever you are thinking, might be it’’ , Yonghwa winked at the boys where as Krystal winked back at Yonghwa.

‘’Yah Jung Soo Jung, you can’t be winking at other men’’ , Minhyuk gently chided at her.

Hi-fiving Krystal, Yonghwa stuck his tongue out at the youngest  ,’’ See now you won’t ever wink at my Seohyun anymore’’

‘’Hyung, our winks are totally harmless!’’ , Minhyuk protested as he saw Krystal slide her arms with Yonghwa , ‘’Krystal , neo... what.do.you.think.you.are.doing?’’

‘’I’m having some harmless fun honey!’’ , She and Yonghwa turned around to wink at a dumbstruck Minhyuk and moved out of the suite.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun made her way to Jessica’s suite, occasionally looking at the fourth finger of her left hand, and then shaking her head to ward off wierd scenarios that were popping in her head right now.

Min has muddled up my brain. It’s Jessica unnie’s day. Calm down Seo Joo Hyun.

While her brain was desperately drowning the weirdness that had occurred, she suddenly felt her eyes wet.

Jessica was a sight to behold.

As she saw Jessica, sitting in front of her vanity, deep in thought, she drank every bit of happy emotion this moment was giving her.

In a twirl of lace and crochet, topped with diamonds, her unnie truly looked like the Ice Princess she was always dubbed to be. Only today her eyes were like warm honey, washing away the ice princess demeanour completely.

Jessica suddenly felt a pair of arms s around her shoulders, looking up she saw her maknae ,wet eyed and rosy cheeked.

Kissing each other, they sat next to the windows.

It was as if , speech had left Seohyun’s brain. She just couldn’t bring herself to say anything. But then, she had always been the un-emotional person.

Jessica smiled, knowing fully well how tongue tied Seohyun could be.

She walked back at the dresser to pick up the tiara so Seohyun could help adjust it on top of her veil, when suddenly her phone vibrated.

Picking up, she pressed the Ktalk icon.

Eyes open wide, she read the message

‘Jessica, I need your help. It’s about Seohyun’.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Hi guys it has been long. well not very long but still :P

this chapter is slightly longer than my other updates, and eve though some of you might think that i am going around in circles, i assure you i am not .. i plan to wrap this story in another 3 max 4 chapters and i am certain about that.

OMG CNBLUE GOT PERSONAL TWITTERS..I HAVE BEEN SPAZZING LIKE AN IDIOT SINCE MORNING WHEN I ACCIDENTLY SAW JUNGSHIN TWEET ..minhyuk, in other news is still an egg who needs to hatch hahahahahahhaha

although i was disappointed at us gogumas today..even at the dooliers, but no doolier reads this fic so i only address the gogumas..please dont ask stupid questions to yonghwa and dont spam him regarding yongseo..i saw this one handle where someone had made a fake seohyun accunt and was tweeting yonghwa continously.. that is plain bad news.

minor teasing i enjoyed a lot, but sometimes its best to not cross the line :)

i dont want to give a lecture..so please dont think otherwise :) these were just my 2 cents thay we as cnblue fans should limit ourselves to being boices only in some situations.

anyways read and comment :)

to everyone who still subscribes and upvotes..  A BIG GIGANTIC HUG COMING YOUR WAY <3