The next day

Voice

 

CHAPTER 44

 

On the next day, as what written on the note, Leeteuk went to meet with Heechul. It has been minutes of silence between them and none seems to have the will to start anything. No one is to blame on that matter. They have been being away from each other so long, so, it’s not a surprise to say it was awkward at first. They never expected the meeting but somehow, they knew, the world isn’t that big in the first place. They did have some sort of destiny bind with each other.

 

They are now seating on the bench at one park near Leeteuk’s apartment. They stare aimlessly at the people there without any specific purpose. It’s been few minutes but none of them utter even a single word. The reunion is not like what they want it to be.

 

“So, what are you doing now?” Heechul asked, casually.

 

“I’m…a school doctor.” Leeteuk answered hesitantly.

 

“Pfft, still so obsess with white aren’t you?” Heechul mocked her.

 

Leeteuk smiles sadly by the joke, “Yeah, it suits me though.” She mumbled.

 

“Yup, it suits you so much.” Heechul agreed, also smile sadly.

 

The situation becomes silent again. They look in front and stare into nothing.

 

“Why…are you here, Heechul?” Leeteuk finally asked, breaking the ice.

 

“Vacation.” Heechul said, short and simple.

 

“No, I mean…here. Sitting with me, here.” She pin-pointed, “Aren’t you angry at me?”

 

“I am.”

 

“Then, why?”

 

“Because you are my friend.”

 

“Friend?” Leeteuk whispered the word sadly.

 

“Yup. You are my friend, aren’t you?” she repeated sternly.

 

“I…I thought that…I…” Leeteuk stammered by the casual answer from the other.

 

Heechul snickered, “Only stupid people who would break a relationship because of a past.” She remarked.

 

“But you should!” Leeteuk retorted back, raising her voice a bit, “I mean…I killed your family, Heechul! Why are you still so calm?! Have you forgotten what has happen to them? What has happened to Sungmin too! It was all my fault!”

 

Pang!

 

A slap arrives on Leeteuk’s face, hard. She was stunned.

 

“Stop saying that! For once, stop living in the past Jungsoo!” Heechul raged, tears already falling from her eyes.

 

Leeteuk herself already is sobbing hard. Finally, their fake mask breaks off. It really hurts both of them so much just to remember that painful memories.

 

“What else do you want me to do, Jungsoo?! Crying all day?! Grieve for them for the rest of my life?! Kill myself to be with them and leave my niece? Is that what you want?! Ended my life miserably? Do you think that is what my family wants for me?!” Heechul screamed out loud, her feelings mixed altogether and she just couldn’t hold it any longer.

 

Leeteuk cries sadly on the bench.

 

“You don’t understand how I feel at all. Every day, every single day I pray to wake up from this bad dream and hopes that they are still alive. But, it will never come true. Never. Because they have gone, Jungsoo!”

 

“Then, what do you want me to do?!”

 

“Move on! Find your happiness! Stop living in the past! And just love yourself!” Heechul rebutted back, she wipes the trace of tears from her eyes, “We don’t have the power to turn back the time, Jungsoo. But, I don’t say to just forget about everything completely. If you really care about my unnie so much, you should love Sungmin as much as you do to her. I don’t want you to continue on blaming yourself like this.”

 

“Heechul…”

 

“I’m so disappointed in you, Jungsoo. I thought we made an oath to be together always. I thought that we are sisters. But, you betray me…and leave me all alone.” That statement hurts the deepest part of Leeteuk.

 

“Enough of this, I’m leaving.” Heechul grabs her bag, and hurriedly walk, but she was fast stop by one hand back-hugging her tight.

 

It was Leeteuk. She was holding her so firm, and still trembling because of crying. Heechul’s dress is wet because of the tears, but it is not a matter at all that moment.

 

“I’m sorry, Chullie. Sorry. Please…I’m sorry…”  Leeteuk chanted over again.

 

Heechul cries again, and slowly she turns her body to meet an eye with the latter. She holds both of Leeteuk’s cheeks and smiles sadly.

 

“Idiot.” She scolded.

 

“Why did you leave me alone during the funeral?” she asked that one question that has been kept inside her heart for a long time already.

 

“I…I thought that you’re angry at me.” Leeteuk replied.

 

“Well, I am. But, you should not leave me alone there. Because you are not there, I had to hug someone nearest to me, which is that stupid crazy yakuza of my in-law.”

 

“His name is Sungjin, Heechul.” They laughed, already feel the burden lifted slowly.

 

“I don’t care.” Heechul faked an annoyed face, and they smile again to each other.

 

They glued their forehead together. Tears are still flowing but, it is a different kind of tear this time. They have been away for so long. That is the first contact that they ever make and it is all that it took to make them feel more relax. They didn’t care if other people at the park watch them weirdly for looking like a lesbian couple at that time. They didn’t even care if the world hate them, because just like Heechul said, they are ‘sisters’ and they ought to be together.

 

“I warn you, Jungsoo. Once you disappear again, I will not hesitate to search for you and ‘kill’ you myself.” Heechul warned her best friend, “I have whole troops of yakuza, you know.”

 

“Hehehe…” Leeteuk laughed, and hugs Heechul again, “I will not leave you again. I promise.” Heechul hugs her back, with the same warmth, “I’m sorry.” Leeteuk apologized again.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

“You’re back.”

 

Sungjin casually said, as soon as the door opened and two women walked inside the house. Heechul huffed by the comment and ignore his presence and just pulled Leeteuk with her.

 

“Where are the others?” Heechul asked.

 

Sungjin didn’t say anything but pointed to the kitchen using his mouth.

 

“You’re hopeless, Sungjin.” Heechul said sarcastically, “Let’s go to the kitchen and meet everyone.” She pulled Leeteuk but Leeteuk stopped her.

 

“Wait, Chullie. Are you sure about this? I don’t think…”

 

“Don’t worry. Sungmin is not home. She went out with her friend. There are only guys now at home.” Sungjin answered before Heechul managed to do so.

 

“See? Let’s go! I want to introduce you with my hubby.” And Heechul pulled her again forcefully to the kitchen.

 

Sungjin sighed. But, he feels relieved of course. Leeteuk’s coming back to his house, meant that she is also coming back to his family. Just like how it supposed to be. A smile spread on him.

 

“Yeobo!” Heechul called loudly obviously takes everyone’s attention inside the kitchen.

 

“Hey…you’re home…and not alone.” Hangeng hesitated, quite surprise by the sudden appearance, especially the visitor is not someone he has ever seen before.

 

“Who…”

 

“Jungsoo?” Yunho called.

 

Leeteuk tensed by the voice. Slowly she turned her eyes meeting up with the two other men. Both Yunho and Dongwoo’s jaw dropped to see the person right in front of them.

 

“Are you real?” Yunho questioned.

 

“Op…oppa…” Leeteuk’s eyes moistened as she called.

 

“JUNGSOO!” Dongwoo charged forward suddenly and hugged the latter tight.

 

“Ah…”

 

“JUNGSOO! OH MY GOD! You’re real! I can’t believe this!” Dongwoo exclaimed excitedly, didn’t hide the happiness he felt.

 

Leeteuk cried, feels so moved by the warm welcome. Yunho also slowly moves closer towards them and patting her head softly. He gives her an assuring smile.

 

“You’re back.” He said.

 

Her heart clenched painfully by the words.

 

“So…sorry…oppa…” she apologized, with tears streaming down on her cheeks, again.

 

“Stupid. All that matter is you’re here.” Yunho told her, also gleaming with tears in his eyes.

 

He wipes away the tears from Leeteuk’s eyes and embraced her as Dongwoo gives them the space. Leeteuk cried even more and tightened the hold on the man’s embrace. It has been so long they were apart from each other. No one might be able to understand the reason for their breaking down but for them, that is all that matters. Heechul also shed tears to see that touching scene. Hangeng didn’t say anything even though his face clearly stated that he’s confused with everything that happened. But for sure, he stayed by his wife, supporting her.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at school, the teenagers have their own way of spending their time of the day. After finishing their school and club activities, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were left alone to walk home together. Her friends actually purposely left them alone to give them the time to at least admit their true feelings. But, both of them are just too shy to say anything that they didn’t talk a bit about their feelings at all.

 

“Kyukyu, do you believe in supernatural?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Sixth sense?” Sungmin continued asking without hearing an answer from Kyuhyun, “Or paranormal activity? Do you believe in them?”

 

Kyuhyun frowned at her but he shook his head hesitantly after a while.

 

“I don’t believe in it much. But, I know it exists. Why?” he responded and asked back.

 

Sungmin’s lips puckered into a pout. She shrugged her shoulders cutely.

 

“No particular reason. I was just asking.” She replied.

 

Kyuhyun still looked at her with a narrow eyes, didn’t completely believe her reason.

 

“There must something, right? Why? Tell me.” Kyuhyun insisted, “I might be able to lift some of your weight a little.”

 

“Well…” Sungmin trailed her word, “Before I tell you, can you promise that you will not talk about what I’m going to tell you to anyone?” she requested, sounding serious.

 

Kyuhyun frowned but nodded nonetheless.

 

“Pinky promise?” Sungmin gave her pinky finger, which make Kyuhyun laughed a little before they seal the promise.

 

Sungmin then hummed with a thought, “Truthfully…when I was small, I remembered I can hear voices that no one else can.” She started her story.

 

Kyuhyun’s attention immediately focused.

 

“Jin-chan and my other family members once asked me about it, but I couldn’t tell them why. I remembered umma said to me that I am special. Though, it’s not her voice that I heard, she always reminds me that it’s okay. And, even as I am wondering why, I remembered vividly that I feel happy whenever I hear the voice.”

 

“Happy? Why?”

 

The voice is different than any other people voice that I heard. It has special effect that no one else had to me. It always makes me calm, and it was…soothing, beautiful also. It even sang to me.” Sungmin said, with a big smile shown.

 

Kyuhyun frowned deeper.

 

“I remembered talking with that voice many times. Maybe even to the extent of sharing secret. I’m not sure but that is what I recalled. Appa said it’s okay. Umma also said, it’s fine to trust the voice. And I believe, I did put my trust on the voice.” She chuckled at her own words and looked far away, “But, after my parents’ death, the voice completely vanished from my mind.” Her face saddened.

 

“Vanished? Just like that?”

 

Sungmin nodded meekly.

 

“Mama said…after my parents’ death, I no longer become talkative like I used to. I tend to spend my times alone. I think…because I lost that voice, my own voice also shattered together with it. Jin-chan said that I lost the will to speak and remain emotionless for months after that.” Sungmin told Kyuhyun, for the first time to ever talk about her past.

 

“Then, what change you?” Kyuhyun wondered.

 

Sungmin shrugged, confusing Kyuhyun more.

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

“Huh?” Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed automatically, couldn’t believe Sungmin’s casual reaction.

 

Sungmin grinned, “But, I’m speaking now right? Isn’t it better?” she channeled the subject into something else.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, but he still nodded agreeing.

 

“Yes, it is better now. I’m very happy that you decided that.” he said honestly.

 

They smiled to each other, sharing a meaningful gaze.

 

“But to speak the truth, I do miss the voice.”

 

Sungmin’s gaze looks away in a gentle stare. She had a smile on her even though Kyuhyun still frowning hard. His mind still confused in processing Sungmin’s talk about the voice she heard. It seems so vague and also…scary a bit.

 

“Sungmin…aren’t you afraid?” He asked out loud.

 

Sungmin turned to him and pouted by the question.

 

“Scare at first, but not after that. Why?” she innocently asked back.

 

“Because it is SCARY! So, you should be scare!” Kyuhyun retorted, a bit raising his voice and then he sighed, “What if something happen to you, Minnie? Aren’t you afraid that those voices could hurt you?”

 

“But, it never hurts me.” Sungmin rebutted, “Even now, it is always there for me.”

 

“What?” Kyuhyun gaped, “Even now? What do you mean even now?” he repeated suddenly feels butterflies in his stomach.

 

Sungmin smiled awkwardly. She has just realized that she had a slip-tongue about something that she shouldn’t say.

 

“Err…” she flustered, a little speechless to answer Kyuhyun, “The voice came back?”

 

“Lee Sungmin!”

 

“Sorry!”

 

Sungmin immediately apologized, clasping her hands together. She closed her eyes tight, could almost feel the wrath about to fall upon her. She heard a loud sigh came from Kyuhyun.

 

“Do you mean you can hear the voice even now?” Kyuhyun controlled his voice a bit.

 

Sungmin hesitantly nodded.

 

“Since when? Where? And why? What make the difference between the previous time you heard the voice?” he boomed her with questions.

 

Sungmin didn’t immediately reply to Kyuhyun. She silently thinks for the answers.

 

“I think…it just about when I came to Korea.”

 

“Few months ago?”

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

“And no one else knows about it even now?”

 

She nodded again.

 

“Even your uncles?”

 

Sungmin hummed, “I’m afraid they might freak out if they knew.” She reasoned.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes by Sungmin’s ridiculous excuse. She should have been careful. He reprimanded himself.

 

“Kyukyu please don’t tell anyone about this.” Sungmin pleaded, “I’m sure that the voice doesn’t mean harm to me. Even Kon agreed with me on that. Please Kyukyu…don’t let my family knows.” she makes her eyes big purposely, and used her best aegyo to persuade Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun huffed, eyeing her by the corner of his eyes.

 

“I am the first to know?”

 

Sungmin nodded frantically. Kyuhyun’s heart jumped happily by the information. If he is the first to know, then, Sungmin treats him special than everyone else. Probably even more special than her family, Kyuhyun thought and a big grin unconsciously formed on his mouth, glee.

 

“Kyukyu?”

 

“Ah. It’s nothing.” He reflectively said.

 

Sungmin stares at him blankly. Kyuhyun also looked at her.

 

“Okay…I promise I will not tell anyone.”

 

A wide smile instantly appeared on Sungmin.

 

“Thank you Kyukyu!” Sungmin thanked, “You’re really are the best.”

 

Kyuhyun’s grin widened by the praise, “Of course I am.” He added and they laughed together.

 

That day, he experienced another new secret of Sungmin. And to know that only him that knew about it, he’s more than happy. For that moment, he’ll help Sungmin to keep it a secret, at least not too long. He honestly didn’t want to get on the bad side of Sungmin’s uncles.

 

 

 

/////

 

 

 

Back to Sungmin’s house, the elders are waiting for their lunch to be prepared while talking and reminiscing the past that they missed in the past years.

 

“Hey Chullie, can I ask you something?”

 

Heechul hummed as the answer.

 

“Why did Sungmin call you as mama?”

 

Heechul’s expression changed.

 

“She called Sungjin oppa as Jin-chan. Well, it seems normal with the way she called Yunho and Dongwoo oppa. But with you, she obviously separated it different than them.”

 

“You think it’s strange?”

 

“Ah no, not strange.” Leeteuk quickly corrected, “I’m just wondering the reason why, that’s all.”

 

“Actually…even I am not that sure to why Sungmin call me that. But, I think she was just trying to comfort me.”

 

“Comfort?”

 

Heechul smiled thinly, “After her parents’ death, Sungmin’s life drastically changed. Our life changed completely.” She paused, arranging her words.

 

“Out of sudden, she lost the will to speak and became an emotionless doll. At that time, I really want to stay by her side and help her to go through everything but I was helpless. I was still a student and have nothing support her life. Furthermore, she still had her grandparents, so she stayed in Japan together with the boys. Days passed and soon, by the time I came to her visit, it already passed three months.” Her eyes gaze upfront, to hide the hidden tears.

 

“I miss her so much, so I went. But, instead of feeling happy, I was frustrated.”

 

Leeteuk frowned to hear the confession.

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“The girl welcomed me with open arms but her lips still tightly closed. At first, I thought it’s okay because it must be not only me that she hasn’t spoken too. I thought the way she treated me was just the same like the other people around her. But, something proved me wrong.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Kaze…”

 

Heechul’s expression turned stiff by the corner. The girl that she love, her niece that she admired finally speak but not to her.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

“I heard she said the word softly but still audible. She was smiling towards someone. And when I look, it was Sungjin. Something snapped inside me. I became angry, sudden and unexpectedly.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“What is that?” Heechul bashed Sungjin with fire in her eyes.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” Sungjin asked back, confused.

 

“Sungmin! That is what’s wrong! You told me that Sungmin still hasn’t spoken but I heard it loud and clear she called for you!” Heechul was already raising her voice high.

 

Sungjin tensed, could guess what she referring to. Heechul sneered to see his expression changed.

 

“Heh, it seems I am right.” She scoffed.

 

“Look Heechul…”

 

“Don’t touch me!” She pushed Sungjin’s hand harsh before it touches her.

 

Panting in anger she continued speaking, “You lied to me, Sungjin.”

 

“I’m…”

 

“You lied to me! You said that we should wait! You said that we should bear the pain together! But you lied! How could you, Sungjin! How could you do this to me!” tears dropped from her eyes continuously, “What spell did you gave Sungmin, huh?!” she hits him on the chest, pouring out her anger.

 

“What did you do to Sungmin to make her LOVES you so much like this? What are the differences that she talked to you but not to me?! That’s unfair! I’m her aunt! I am her only family too!”

 

“Look! I can’t help it okay?!” Sungjin retorted back aloud, “It’s not me who…”

 

“Liar! I know you must have done something to her!” she denied everything.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, Heechul! What’s the point of me doing that?!” Sungjin talked back.

 

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe to separate me and her?” she mocked.

 

“Heechul!”

 

“ENOUGH!” Heechul yelled.

 

Sungjin was taken aback by the shout. The scene was dead silence. Heechul’s hands already covered both of her ears. Her body was trembling with the crying. Heechul sobbed in front of him but he was speechless to do anything.

 

“It hurts. It hurts so much. I was alone in China, Sungjin…” she sobbed, “When I ask for Sungmin to live with me, you reclined. You said it’s for her best if she stayed. But, what is this? Are you making fun of me? Are you making her to forget about me?” she accused, all her senses already blinded by the pain accumulated.

 

“No, Heechul…” Sungjin begged, holding both her shoulder firmly, “You know that it’s not like that. Please…don’t hurt yourself like this. I’m sorry…”

 

“No…” Heechul pushed the helping hands away from her slow and gently, “No…” she walked backwards step by step.

 

Sungjin’s hands reached to stop her. But, she still retreats away from her. It pained his heart to see her in that condition. Everything said by her was totally related to him and he couldn’t even fight back against her.

 

“I don’t like this…Sungjin. I don’t like this at all.”

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Leeteuk’s eyes already watered by tears by the time Heechul finished her flashback.

 

“I was…really tired, mentally and physically.” She professed, could almost recall the emotion she felt back then, “I thought that no one understand me. I thought that everyone being selfish by separating Sungmin away from me. But I was stupid. I didn’t realize it was me who’s being selfish.” She admitted.

 

Leeteuk slowly reached for Heechul hand and gripped it tight. She can feel the pain that Heechul kept for all this time. She also felt guilty for breaking their promise of staying together and let her best friend to carry on the pain alone. Heechul gave her a small smile, a sign that she’s already recovered.

 

“After the fight, I left Sungjin’s house and wandered around the town aimlessly.”

 

“Alone? In Japan?”

 

Heechul nodded, “I wasn’t thinking straight I think. I totally forget that I was at a foreign country and couldn’t speak Japanese at all. But, I survived.” She joked.

 

Leeteuk laughed softly, “That’s so silly of you. You’re lucky that you didn’t get kidnapped or something.” She joked back.

 

“Luckily. But, it was then where I met up with my husband for the first time.”

 

Leeteuk’s attention focused back to her. Heechul smiled widely. After the question she asked, that was the first smile she gave.

 

“At first, I hated him, really. He’s a tourist there but acted like he knew Japan so much. He said he was lost but all he did was pestered me around. He said, only I could understand him at that time and I was the only person that he met who can speak fluent Chinese. I shooed him away many times, but he was so persistent and kept following around.” Heechul continued with her husband’s topic, losing track of their original topic.

 

“I was happy with his company that I was almost forgotten about the fight I had with Sungjin. I was happy to be with him that I completely forgotten the selfishness inside me. I was really glad that fate destined me to meet up with him.”

 

“That’s great, and I can see that he truly loves you, Chullie.” Leeteuk noted the main point.

 

Heechul smiled genuinely, “Yeah, you’re right on that. And I love him even more.” She admitted.

 

“But…” her tone changed turned serious again, “While I was happy with him, I forget about something. Sungjin called me. Sungmin was gone.”

 

Leeteuk gawked.

 

Sungmin’s missing!

 

Sungjin’s panic voice rang inside Heechul’s head like it happened just yesterday.

 

“It was a total chaos. The household said that they haven’t seen Sungmin around after I left. It seems that Sungmin heard my argument with her uncle and followed me when I went out from the house. Sungjin and the others were panicked for sure. They ordered their men to search for Sungmin but they couldn’t find her anywhere. I also went to search for her. I didn’t know where was my feet taking me, but I remembered calling her like crazy woman. It was raining, but I ignored it and continue searching for her. I was already crying. To just think that something bad might happened to her, it gave me a heart-ache.” She holds her hand tight, refrained from the painful memory from surpassing itself.

 

Leeteuk watched her with pained expression. She can almost feel the same pain that her best friend felt back then.

 

“After hours of searching with my bleeding feet, Hangeng blew up at me. He yelled at me to wake up from my trance. I didn’t even realize he was with me the whole time. But, he was really angry. I can still recall all his nagging at me. I cried even harder and he hugged me the whole time. After some time, I calmed down. He held my hands and asked me to think carefully.”

 

Think about your loved one. Think of a place where she might be. If she loves you and you love her so much, she will not be far from you. Just close your eyes…and recalled.

 

Heechul smiled thinly, “I did as he told me and his magic words succeeded. I remembered the place where only Sungmin and I shared together, so, I dashed there. And I found her, thankfully all healthy and sheltered away from the rain. She smiled widely at me when she saw me. I was too loss of words to say anything. I was happy, but that’s not the only reason.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“M…ma…mama…”

 

Heechul was astounded. She can see how Sungmin’s lips quivers to say the word. She can see how hard the girl tried to say something to her. Her hands reached for the elder and she puts something in Heechul’s hand. A flower. A four-leaf clover.

 

“T…t…”

 

Heechul didn’t let her continued much longer. She embraced the cold girl tight. She cried. Together with the rain, she cried hugging her niece tight.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

“I felt stupid. I felt guilty. I was so blinded by the jealousy to Sungjin that I totally neglected Sungmin’s feelings. I only thought that it was me who’s alone but I forgot that Sungmin has a greater loss than me. She lost both of her parents. She has lost the will to live. But, the selfish me fought against her uncle and blame everyone else. I was wrong and I admitted it just too late.” Heechul blamed herself on what happened.

 

She felt a touch wiping her tears. She didn’t even realize she was crying. When she turned up, Leeteuk was smiling at her.

 

“You are not alone.” She said softly, word by word, “I will assure you that. I promise, with all my heart.” She swore, with a smile.

 

Heechul smiled back at her. She nodded. All her painful heart has already healed. And the fact that she had everyone around her, she felt more grateful.

 

“How about you, Jungsoo? Don’t you want to meet with Sungmin?” Heechul asked, referring ‘meet’ to revealing her real identity to the girl.

 

Leeteuk fell into silence by Heechul’s question. She shook her head slowly, rejecting the idea.

 

“Can it…be later, Chullie?” she requested, “I don’t think…I am ready to see her reaction after knowing about me.” she reasoned.

 

Heechul huffed and sulked.

 

“Stupid. You’re so unbelievable, Jungsoo. Why on earth do you need to be so cautious anyway? We told you that Sungmin doesn’t remember anything, right? I’m sure she’ll accept you wholeheartedly.” Retorted Heechul, in dissatisfaction.

 

Leeteuk smiled genuinely at her best friend, “Please understand Chullie,” she pleads.

 

“But…”

 

“Please Heechul, stop being such a pushover.” Came Sungjin’s voice suddenly interrupted their girls’ talk.

 

Heechul groaned and glared at the hindrance. Sungjin instinctively looked away from the glare, detecting so death wrath about to fall upon him.

 

“Don’t in, yakuza. This is not your problem.” She warned at him staring deathly.

 

“Chullie, don’t.” Leeteuk quickly stops Heechul from flaring even more knowing her anger so much, “Sungjin oppa is only defending me. You should control your temper a little bit.”

 

“But, it is his fault.” Heechul fast rebutted.

 

“Yes, it is his fault but you should know about it better. It’s not good for you and the baby’s health if you’re so stressful like this.” Advised Leeteuk carefully.

 

Sungjin and Hangeng nodded affirmatively, totally agreed by Leeteuk’s words of wisdom and yet, Heechul hated it, so much. She frowned deeper. Not only because of her unbalance hormone, but also because of Leeteuk siding Sungjin, so she hated it even more. Crossing her arms on her chest, she sulked and turned away as a protest. Leeteuk, Hangeng and even Sungjin are about to open their mouth to persuade her when Yunho came and beats them on that.

 

“Listen to Jungsoo’s advice, Heechul. She’s a medical expert.” Yunho told her while serving a glass of warm water to her especially, “You remember making promise to Sungmin about taking extra care of yourself right? So, even if you don’t want to do it because of us, do it for Sungmin.” he nagged long.

 

Heechul looked at him and the others back forth, still with a puckered lip and slowly nodded, “Okay.” finally she admitted.

 

Hangeng and Sungjin make a silent cheer and mouthed the words ‘thank you’ to Yunho for calming Heechul. Yunho chuckled seeing their action. Honestly, he himself is glad that Heechul is willing to listen. Heechul is very famous as the most hard-headed woman they ever known. But, at the same time, she is also the family’s pillar and the most reliable. That’s why Heechul’s health and mental needed to be pay close attention to, always. None of them want to see a fuming Heechul because they knew how horrible it is.

 

Yunho looked at Heechul and Leeteuk talking and unconsciously sighed of relief. He smiled. For now, probably it’s alright if Sungmin didn’t know much about it. For that moment, it’s okay if their past relationship is still unknown. The time will come, one day.

 

“Alright guys, the food is ready. Let’s eat.” Dongwoo called and all of them gathered together at one table and enjoyed their lunch.

 

 

TBC