Henry

Voice

CHAPTER 32

 

“Yeye!!” A voice called and when Yesung turned, a girl in short pant come running towards him excitedly.

 

He sighed. Amber didn’t even follow the dress code that he ordered. She’s really stubborn. The girl finally arrived next to him.

 

“Where are you going?” Amber asked immediately after she’s standing in front of the elder.

 

“The study room. Why? You got something for me?” he asked the latter.

 

Amber pouted, “Does I need to have some sort of reason if I want to see you?” she sulked.

 

Yesung chuckled inwardly. Seriously, this girl is really cute for someone claiming to be a tomboy. He said in his mind.

 

“Stop feinting to sulk, Josephine. That doesn’t work on me. You know that.” he teased but comforted the lad at the same time.

 

Amber laughed right away. Yesung is right on that part.

 

“So, has you figured out what are you going to do for the special performance?”

 

“Not yet…” Amber whined, “I want to create a band but, there’s not enough people to join me.”

 

“Why? You say you got some friends.”

 

“Yea…I got some friends here already. But, not all know how to play music instruments. I want Mingming to join, but she still has a stage fright. Also, Jin-uncle will not be happy if Mingming got some issues at school again. So, I don’t want to force her anything. Her other friends also going to perform so…it leaves me to no idea for the special performance.” Amber ended her long nagging with another pout.

 

Yesung laughed softly to see that.

 

“But, a band is not a bad thing. I’ll help if you want. What instruments is left?” he asked, considering the idea.

 

“Well…” Amber closed her eyes, thinking hard, “I’m going to be the rapper. Drummer is Jongjin, vocal is Ailee, another exchange student, then…guitarist is…what is his name again…Min…”

 

“Dongmin?” Yesung guessed for her.

 

“Yes! Dongmin! He’s Jongjin’s friend from the class. And finally…yes, we’re lack a keyboard player.” Finally her concern revealed.

 

“Keyboard?” Yesung repeated.

 

Amber nodded.

 

Yesung hummed. Then a light bulb light up on his head. I know who. He told himself inside, a smirk appear.

 

“A band it is.” He decided, confusing the girl.

 

“I know just the perfect person to help you on keyboard.”

 

“Who?” Amber quick to ask since it’s quite strange for Yesung to volunteer.

 

“Just someone. I’ll ask Jongjin to bring him to see you tomorrow. Just set a place and text me.” Amber frowned but still nodding her head nonetheless.

 

“Good girl.” Yesung praised and patted her head gently, “Now, go back to your class before you’re late.” Yesung ordered after giving her a smile and leaves back to where he wants to go.

 

Amber’s head was low staring at the floor even after he left. She didn’t want Yesung to see the blush on her face.

 

“Stupid Amber, he’s treating you just like a sister. Stop from being delusional.” She whispered to herself, waking her from her dream.

 

~~

 

“So, which song should we choose? Have you thought of anything?”

 

“I’ve got some choices. But, we need to meet up with the keyboard player and test for his skill first before making any decision. I want it to be enjoyable performance but classy at the same time.” Amber answered to her friend’s question.

 

“Really? Should we test him with any song we like?”

 

“Sounds like a good idea.” She agreed.

 

“Yah…yah.” A male voice interrupted the girls’ conversation, “What’s the use of me being here if both of you just keep talking in English?”

 

They turned by the side to see a frowning Dongmin with hands crossed on his chest.

 

“In case you’re forgotten, I don’t understand English at all.” He nagged.

 

Both Amber and Ailee laughed at him and treated it just as a joke.

 

Sorry, man. We didn’t mean to belittle you. We’re just forgetting that you’re here with us.” Amber teased.

 

Dongmin scoffed.

 

“Just where on earth is Jongjin anyway? Does he know at what time we’re meeting each other?” he changed the topic, doesn’t actually feel anything about the tease.

 

“He’s coming. I have already texted him. He said he’s bringing the keyboard player from the teacher’s lounge.” Amber replied.

 

“Who is he, Amber? Do you know him?” Amber shakes her head by Ailee’s question.

 

“Yesung oppa didn’t tell me anything. He just told me, the boy will fill up the empty spot for the school festival only. He’s not the student here too.”

 

“That’s strange. I didn’t know the president will be so kind-hearted to let somebody else to join this school.” Dongmin joked.

 

Amber’s eyes narrowed by Dongmin’s statement. She didn’t like it whenever somebody makes fun of her oppa, especially Yesung.

 

“The president only thinks for our good. I don’t think he mean any harm…”

 

“We’re here.” Jongjin announced his arrival, making everyone turned to the door.

 

Amber jaw dropped. Jongjin was with the keyboard player and that someone look so much familiar with someone she knew.

 

“Hey.” The boy said.

 

“AHHH!!!” Amber suddenly screamed in horror shocking everyone inside the room, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” She continued screaming, pointing to the boy.

 

The boy smirked.

 

I’m taking you with me.” He told to Amber in English.

 

Amber gaped.

 

“YEYE!!” she yelled angrily.

 

Jongjin and the new boy high-five with each other leaving the other two friends confused by the unexpected reaction.

 

~~

haru jinagamyeon
areumdawossdeon geunyeo moseup
jiul su isseulkkayo
han beonmanirado
dasi geu ttaero doraga
kkok hago sipeun mal
mianhae
nan honjajyo bi naerineun oneul

(Words I'd Want To Say - Kim Tae Woo)

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook ended their duet smoothly. Claps were heard inside the room. Ryeowook blushed a little. It was her another rehearsal for the school performance. But unlike the other rehearsals, it was special for the day since her boyfriend is also there watching her performance.

 

“So?” Kyuhyun casually asked.

 

He got thumb-ups from both Sungmin and Onew, the advisor of their music club. Kyuhyun smiled, oppressing his happiness and just act cool.

 

“You’re great, Kyuhyun. I never thought you’ll be this great.” The teacher praised, patting on the boy’s back repeatedly.

 

“Hahaha…aren’t I always, saeng?” he mocked.

 

“Anyway, that’s a good choice of song. So, I approve.” He said, ignore Kyuhyun’s mocking, “How about you, Miss Lee? Aren’t you going to join them?”

 

“Ah, me? No…I don’t think so.”Sungmin shuttered.

 

“No, saeng! You can’t force Minnie.” Ryewook defended, hugging Sungmin on purpose, “You already force me to perform, so, no forcing my other club member.” She reasoned, ridiculously.

 

Onew smiled. He knew that Ryeowook was only protecting Sungmin. He also knew the reason for the protection but for now, he will kept silence. He’s just testing.

 

“So, it’s decided then, right? I will look forward for your performance, Wookie.” Yesung told his girlfriend, making her blush again.

 

“T...thank you oppa.”

 

“I’ll have to go now.” He stands up.

 

“Wait, I’m going too.” Onew added, followed Yesung from behind, “Just keep me touch if you need anything, okay?” All the club members nodded their head in sync.

 

“Ah Sungmin,” Yesung suddenly appear again from the door.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Don’t forget about your visitor. He’s coming to your house tonight.” Yesung reminded, smirking evilly.

 

Sungmin just laugh by the evilness shown. She nodded her head. Yesung waved goodbye and closed the door of the club room. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook turned to Sungmin, confused all written on their face.

 

“Who?”

 

“Henry. He’s here now.” Sungmin answered, smiling happily.

 

“Henry?” They repeated the name together, obviously didn’t understand the situation.

 

~~

 

Amber groaned again for the nth time that day. She was deadly staring at one corner of Sungmin’s house where the men are talking and laughing happily with the reunion. To say that she’s angry is really true because after the appearance of Henry at school that afternoon, all she could feel betrayed. Yesung which she thought already forgive her for lying in fact seeking revenge by inviting her mortal enemy to the school.

 

Yesung knew the reason why she went to Korea is to run away from Henry. He knew that Amber didn’t want to meet Henry in any way because of something.

 

“So, how long is your stay here?” Dongwoo questioned.

 

Henry make a thinking face, “Two weeks the most. Or at least until the school festival ended. Then, I’m leaving to Canada.” He explained.

 

Amber’s ears perked by the information.

 

“And of course, I’ll bring you with me, baobie.” Henry added, referring to Amber.

 

“Wh…what do you mean bring me? And stop calling me baobie! I’m not a baby!” Amber retorted angrily.

 

“Don’t act innocent, A. You like it, don’t you?” Jongjin teased.

 

Amber’s face automatically turned red.

 

“NO, I DON’T LIKE IT AT ALL! ARGH! STOP SAYING THAT!” She shouted angrily.

 

The men laughed at her altogether. Amber huffed and sat down on the chair, frowning hard.

 

“Stupid men.” She snorted, “All the thing you do is laughing. Then laugh all you want!” she told them.

 

“Just because I’m the youngest, you got the guts to call and tease me that. I’m not a child or a baby. I know I’m a tomboy not girlish at all. But I am myself. Isn’t it just good? Stupid.” She scolded to no one actually.

 

“It’s a cute nickname, A. Ignore them.” Sungmin comforted, calming her a bit.

 

Amber smiled to Sungmin. She’s relieved that at least there is someone siding her amidst the teasing. But, as her eyes landed on Jongjin’s and Henry’s smirking face, her head boiled once again.

 

“What are you doing here anyway? I already told Heenim I don’t want to see you! Why would you come here?!” Amber complained, really annoyed by Henry’s arrival.

 

“I know.”

 

“Then why?!”

 

“Cause I want to find you, that’s why.” Henry answered casually, leave Amber speechless.

 

“For…what?” she asked for more explanation.

 

Henry sighed.

 

“You disappeared, baobie. Don’t you know I’m very worried when Geng gege tell me you’re here in Korea. I still don’t know how you managed to convince your parents to come but, as soon as I found out, I search for a way to come too.”

 

“And, that’s by consulting with Jongwoon-hyung.” Jongjin added.

 

Amber growled again. She stomped her feet unsatisfyingly.

 

“Yeye did it on purpose.” She mumbled.

 

“It’s your fault for lying at him first.” They said the obvious.

 

Amber pouted.

 

Henry snickered, “What are you so afraid of, Josephine baobie?” The boy said, staring into Amber’s eyes, “It’s not like you don’t know how I am. You should know that I will never leave you alone anywhere, especially here. So, don’t even think about hiding away from me. I will always follow you whenever and wherever you go.” He warned, making Amber shivers by the tone used.

 

Henry smirked, “And baobie, you’re mine, remember?”

 

“Ah…I’m not! I’M NOT YOURS, IDIOT!! AHHHH!!”  She screamed, burning in anger.

 

They laughed again. Of course they’re having fun even though it’s clear that Amber didn’t like it. Amber pants, controlling her breath due to all the shouting and anger.

 

“Okay…okay…” Dongwoo patted Amber’s head affectionately, “You are only you, I know. Calm down.” He cheered her up, who is already on verge of tears by the teasing.

 

Amber sniffed, controlling her tears from falling. Henry and Jongjin are known to be prankster so much to her. Almost every time when they are together, they will do nothing but only make fun of her, regardless of what kind of subject they used. She really hates them so much and yet, they are also her best friends from childhood.

 

“They’re just joking, A. Here. Drink this.” Sungmin added.

 

She gives Amber a cold drink.

 

“Thank you…Mingming…” she thanked, and gulped the drink in one breath.

 

Slowly, Amber started to get calm. Sungmin by the side, smiles. It is fun to see them bickering every day, that she has to agree. But, in each the boys knew their limit. Furthermore, she knew everything said by Henry is not entirely just a joke.

 

“Well…It’s getting late. I should take my leave now, hyung.” Henry announced, looking at his watch which showed 10pm already.

 

“Me too.” Jongjin followed, also standing up from the seat.

 

“You’re leaving? Don’t wanna stay for the night? There’s enough room.” Dongwoo suggested.

 

Amber growled almost immediately by the suggestion. Henry chuckled, couldn’t contain the laughter with her reaction.

 

“No, hyung it’s okay. I’ll just stay at Jongjin’s. Someone might kill me if I stay.” He joked, referring to Amber purposely.

 

Amber rolled her eyes by the remark.

 

“Of course. You are not even welcome here in the first place. Don’t act like you are accepted by everyone.” Amber said, annoyed.

 

The others just laughed looking at each other, understand her.

 

“Let’s see each other at school, tomorrow. I’ll make some snack and bring it.” Sungmin promised, making the boys grins happily especially Jongjin.

 

“I’ll send you.” Yunho suddenly said, walking down from the stairs, shocking the others.

 

“You? Why?” Dongwoo questioned.

 

“No comment.” Yunho replied, and just leave to the door, a sign for the boys to follow him.

 

“See you tomorrow, Minnie. Thank you again for the delicious dinner. Send my thanks to Jin-hyung too.” Sungmin nodded to Henry’s words.

 

His eyes scanned behind Sungmin and reached Amber, “Also…” Henry trailed, “See you again, my baobie. I love you.” He said, winking at her.

 

Amber’s face turned read again almost instantly.

 

“WELL, I HATE YOU!” She shouted, stomping her feet in protest and run upstairs to her room, leaving the others laughing at her.

 

Sungmin send Henry and Jongjin till the front door.

 

“Amber is glad that you’re here, Henry. Believe me.” Sungmin said before he left.

 

Henry smiled.

 

“It’s okay, Minnie. I know she didn’t mean it what she said. See you.” She waved back and left together with Jongjin into the car.

 

Sungmin went back into the house and locked the door.

 

“Hime, I’ve got something for you.” Dongwoo announced cheerfully.

 

Sungmin turned to look and him and widened by the things he hold in his hands. He grinned by the obvious reaction.

 

“Tickets? Your concert, Woo-kun?” Dongwoo nodded.

 

Sungmin smiles widened.

 

“For you and your friends. There’re tickets and also 3 backstage passes. I think you already have the choices of who you’re bringing right?” He explained, happy to see the smile on Sungmin.

 

“Thank you, Woo-kun!” Sungmin thanked, hugging him excitedly, “Wookie and Haehae will be thrill if they got this.”

 

“Hope so.”

 

TBC

 

~~Sorry in advance for the lack of KyuMIn.I want the story to progress the way I want it too...^^~~