Sungmin's reasons

Voice

 

At one place, Sungmin has just arrived home after being sent by Yesung. She stepped inside the house to be greeted with a ferret, her beloved pet.

 

“Kon. I’m home.” She hugged the ferret and smile.

 

She brought herself to the kitchen to prepare some lunch. While preparing, she couldn’t help herself from thinking about what has happened to her at school.

 

Today is a long day.

 

She sighed tiredly.

 

This is why I don’t want to come back to Korea. There are so much people that I knew and know me.

 

 In no time, her lunch was ready and she sat down to eat with her pet. Sungmin actually just came back from Japan. Many years ago, lots of things that happened to her that made her had to move to Japan. In fact, she was now an orphan. Her parents passed away when she was still small and she has been living with much kind of people till she ended up with his uncle now.

 

The reason why she was called as mute when she can actually talk, only herself know why and how did it happened. What’s certain, she doesn’t want to remember it ever again.

 

“I’m home already, Jin-chan.” Sungmin was actually talking to her uncle on the phone.

 

“Good. How was your day at school? Did you make any friend?”

 

“Barely.” Sungmin answered short.

 

“Barely? What was that suppose to mean? Did you talk?” only silence answered the question this time, and Sungjin sighed, understand it, “It’s fine, Ming. I will not force you to do anything you’re not comfortable with. I’ll come back sooner this afternoon.”

 

“Okay. Do you want me to cook something?”

 

“Just cook anything that’s available. I’ll eat anything.” Sungmin smile by her uncle replied, “See you later, Min-chan.” And they ended the call.

 

                Her uncle was only in his mid thirty and is currently single. Sungmin has been living with him since she was eight, and he was one of the only people that Sungmin talk to except her pet, Kon. Kon was actually her grandparents’ last present before they died 2 years ago. Sungmin love to talk and sing in truth. She just couldn’t speak in front of the other people anymore. She has her own reason and anyone who understand her are only her uncle. They have been living together and were hard to be separate. Sungmin has lost her will to speak when her parents died, and after more people that she loves died, she lost more will to speak after that.

 

“You know, Kon. Today, I met with KyuKyu.” She told the ferret, and the ferret tilted his head, like he could understand what she is talking about.

 

“He recognized me immediately. Why does it happen? I thought we have been apart for too long already for him to actually recognize me. But he still recognizes me. Hehe...Kon, stop it.” The ferret her cheeks, trying to cheer her up.

 

“Thank you, Kon.” She kissed the ferret soft, “Thank you for staying with me.”

 

Sungmin fall asleep on the coach, accompany by her pet. Kon was watching her in gloom. He may be an animal, but he has seen too much pain that the girl has to go through for all the time they’re together. In the previous school, she was always home with bruises and dried tears on her cheeks. He knew that his master was bullied at school because of her condition. To make this worse, Sungmin didn’t tell anyone about it. She just kept it inside until her teacher call his uncle about that matter.

 

Sungmin has her own reason to never speak again and he understands it because Sungmin told him almost everything only because she knew, he would never tell anyone about it. But, he just hopes that she will be able to hold on. Her uncle came back later and saw her already sleeping on the couch. He smiled sadly when he started to think about the girl’s life. He softly wakes her up and together they ate dinner that was prepared by Sungmin.

 

                On the next day, Sungmin went to school and tried to act normal around her new environment. Donghae, being a nice girl she is, she talked to her first and tried to make friend with Sungmin. Sungmin didn’t talk but she was grateful indeed that Donghae was willing to accept her. They communicate by writing in paper and because Sungmin was used to it, she writes even faster than anyone else.

 

“Then, you live with your uncle?” Sungmin nodded.

 

“What about Yesung-oppa? What’s your relationship with him?” Donghae asked again, and waits for her to finish writing.

 

‘He’s my childhood friend. Well, his mother and mine were used to be good friend.’

 

Donghae’s mouth formed an ‘O’, understand the statement before she asked another question, “Where’s your parents?” Sungmin tensed by the question and she slowly started to scramble something on the paper.

 

When she showed it to Donghae, guilt was all over Donghae. ‘My parents died when I was six on an accident.’

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean…” Sungmin shook her head few times, trying to comfort her new friend, and smiled with her sweetest smile.

 

‘I’m fine already.’ Sungmin writes in the paper to assure Donghae.

 

Both of them smile at each other. Donghae didn’t understand it herself but somehow, she felt really comfortable to be with Sungmin even though they didn’t actually speak to each other.

 

Ring…

 

“Ah, the bell. It’s lunch time. Wanna join me in the cafeteria?” Donghae invited but Sungmin just shook her head, refused politely.

 

“Why? I can introduce you to my cousin and also my boyfriend…”

 

“Hae! Let’s go!”

 

“Speak of the devil.” Donghae said as her boyfriend came to fetch her. “Are you sure you don’t want to join us?” she asked her friend again, making sure and just like before, she shook her head and smile.

 

“Okay…I’ll see you after break. Bye.”

 

“Baby!” Eunhyuk called for his girlfriend again, “I’m coming. Let’s go.” They hold hands and went to the cafeteria together leaving Sungmin alone in the class since everyone else has also gone to eat with their own friends.

 

Sungmin received a message from Yesung about him not being able to accompany her for the lunch and she was totally okay with it. Well, she did brought her own lunch to eat. Furthermore, even before this, she was used to eat lunch alone in the class. Little did she realize, at the door, someone was watching her but afraid of going inside the class. Kyuhyun has been staring at her since the break started, but he didn’t have the courage to face her since what happened yesterday still shock him.

 

                After the school ended, Sungmin decided to stroll around to look for a club for her to join. She hopes that there’s actually someone who will accept her the way it is. She was walking leisurely when someone came running and bummed into her. They both fall on the floor.

 

“Ouch…that’s hurt.” It was a girl with a curly pony tail, a cute one and she was whimpering in pain when she realize it was her fault, “Are you okay? I’m sorry…very sorry!” she apologized repeatedly while helping Sungmin to stand up.

 

Using sign language, Sungmin tried her best to explain that she’s okay.

 

“Eh, you’re the new girl right?” the girl asked and Sungmin nodded slowly, puzzled actually.

 

 

 

~~try to guess who is the girl that she bumped into..hehe a right guess will get update sooner! hehe 'just joking' thanks for reading in advance!!~~