Night sky

Voice

 

Chapter 17 - Night sky

 

Sungmin wakes up again that midnight. She looks beside her and smiles. Ryeowook and Donghae are still with her, sleeping soundly on both of her sides.

 

It’s not a dream. She tells herself.

 

Carefully, she slips off from her best friend and slowly gets out from her room. first, she goes to the bathroom before she walks downstairs to the kitchen to drink some milk to sleep better. She tiptoes slowly to the kitchen to avoid making any sound. She takes a glass of milk and drinks it.

 

She’s spacing out for a moment, looking through the darkness of the night. When she recalled back that all the misunderstandings had been resolved, she smiles thankfully. She looks up and stop.

 

Is there someone still awake?

 

She questioned herself when she notices there’s a glimpse of someone at the deck. She gulped nervously, thinking that maybe it is a thief or someone dangerous since it is late already. She grabbed a broom nearby and walked slowly to where the person is. She peeks through the wall, and is stunned for a moment to see Kyuhyun there, sitting calmly.

 

Kyukyu? What is he doing? Why is he still awake?

 

Sungmin moved closer and accidently kick a chair nearby which create a shriek. Kyuhyun turned quickly and was surprised to see Sungmin standing not too far from him…with a broom.

 

“Sungmin?” he could perfectly recognizes her even though it’s dark.

 

“What are you doing there? With a broom?” Sungmin sheepishly smiles and puts the broom near the wall.

 

Nothing actually. I thought you are a thief. Sungmin said, to herself of course. Ah, I need a notepad.

 

“Sungmin? Where are you going?” Kyuhyun just watched as Sungmin disappears and come back a few second later, with a pen and a notepad on her hands.

 

He unconsciously smile, “Wanna sit here?” he invites, pat the place next to him.

 

Sungmin nods slowly and walks towards him. She sits there and started writing something for Kyuhyun to read, a question to be exact.

 

‘What are you doing here, Kyu? It’s late.’

 

“Me? What about you? It’s late for you too.” Kyuhyun puts the question back to her.

 

Sungmin pouted, ‘I want to drink milk.’

 

Kyuhyun chuckled by the answer and also by the cute pout from Sungmin.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’m sorry.” He ruffles Sungmin’s hair, messing with her hair a bit, “I just can’t put myself to sleep, that’s all.” He reasoned and looks at the night sky.

 

Sungmin also follows him and look up to the sky. It’s dark but the moonlight is shining brightly. A comfortable silent enveloped them but it is all that they need after all. Kyuhyun takes a glance at Sungmin, mesmerized by the beauty of the girl which is looks so stunning by the moonlight. He genuinely smiled.

 

“You really are beautiful, Minnie.” Kyuhyun compliments out of sudden.

 

Sungmin tensed at first. Without looking back at Kyuhyun, shades of pink started to appear on her cheeks.

 

Kyahhh! Why did he must say that so suddenly?!! Sungmin screamed inside her head, so embarrassed.

 

“I’m really sorry about what I said before.” Kyuhyun said, “I just said it because I was jealous, I guess.” He continues, looking straight at the sky.

 

Sungmin turned to look at him, confused.

 

“I know that I hurt you by saying what I’m not supposed to say. I think I don’t deserve to be forgiven, right?” Sungmin just listen to the apology without interrupting.

 

“Well…we really did been away for almost 10 years. You disappeared…I moved, and so many other things had happened already. But of course I would not blame you. And I’m not going to ask for a reason too. I will wait for you to tell me yourself, willingly.” He continues, “I’m just…really sorry, Sungmin.” he sighed faintly.

 

He feels Sungmin’s hand tugging her shirt and when he turned to his side, he meets with a smiling Sungmin. The girl is holding a notepad, there’s something written on it.

 

‘I’m not angry at you.’ Sungmin flips the paper to another note.

 

‘As long as you apologize, I will accept it.’

 

‘Also, I could never hate you.’

 

‘You are my Kyukyu, right?’

 

Kyuhyun returned the smiles from Sungmin, “Yes, I will always still be your Kyukyu.” Kyuhyun takes his hand out, “Let’s promise to never leave each other again.”

 

The hand is gladly accepted by Sungmin.

 

Okay! Sungmin’s smiles tell everything that Kyuhyun is forgiven and accepted.

 

“Thank you, Minnie.” He thanks the girl.

 

Unconsciously, his hand reach for Sungmin’s cheeks and caressed it gently, “You still the cute Minnie bunny.” He comments.

 

Sungmin blushed madly at first. But, then she fakes a pout and flips another paper of her notepad.

 

‘And Kyukyu is still the same wolf.’

 

“Yah, I’m not a wolf okay.” Kyuhyun denies, and Sungmin stuck her tongue out, as a protest.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled again, “Seriously, you are so cute.” He said again, couldn’t hold out his laughter anymore, “And weird too.” He added, still continue on laughing.

 

Sungmin huffs her cheeks angrily, and lightly hits Kyuhyun on his arm to stop the teasing.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun surrenders and try his best to stop laughing, “I will not tease you more, I promise.”

 

Sungmin quickly scribbles something on her notepad, ‘You better!’ she writes, with the face looking as serious ever.

 

Kyuhyun just smiles by the reaction.

 

“Yes, I promise.” He said and finally Sungmin smiles.

 

“I’m really happy for you. You deserve to have more friends. Also, I think all of us learn our mistakes now. But, isn’t that what makes us stronger, right?” Sungmin nods, absolutely agrees with it.

 

“I’m so glad that you’re okay now. You don’t know how afraid I am when I heard that you fainted.” He heaved a sigh, “And I so don’t want to go through that again.”

 

‘I’m fine, don’t worry.’ It makes me glad to know that at least there are people who cares about me and loves me.

 

Sungmin said to herself.

 

“Anyway, the stars are beautiful, right?” Kyuhyun turned towards the sky and Sungmin nods.

 

They both stare at the sky for a few more minutes. Sungmin remembers something that she wants to ask Kyuhyun. She writes the question on her notepad and tugged Kyuhyun’s shirt to show him.

 

‘Where are you this whole week, Kyukyu?’

 

Kyuhyun flinched a bit by the sudden question. He scratches his head awkwardly, arranging his words to explain to the girl.

 

“Actually…my halmoeni fell sick for the week, coincidently. And I also…purposely use that excuse to not see you.” He explained.

 

‘You hate me?’

 

“What?! What are you talking about? Of course not! You know that I would never hate you!” Kyuhyun fast retorts back.

 

‘I know.’ Sungmin teasingly smiles seeing the nervous look of Kyuhyun’s.

 

“You…” Kyuhyun sighs again, and just let his sentence hanging unfinish.

 

Kyukyu is so cute. I can’t believe I’m able to see it. Sungmin tell herself and giggles silently.

 

They fell into another silence. Cold air starts to blow in suddenly and Sungmin shivers a little. Noticing it, Kyuhyun takes out his sweater and put it on Sungmin.

 

“It’s cold.” He said, short and simple.

 

Sungmin chuckles, understands that Kyuhyun didn’t want any question to be ask. She feel touch for sure by the affection shown by Kyuhyun. On the other hand, she just didn’t notice the nervousness of Kyuhyun of being alone with the girl he loves the most.

 

“Ah, let me borrow that.” Kyuhyun takes Sungmin’s notepad.

 

Sungmin watches as Kyuhyun writes something on the notepad. She wants to take a peak of what Kyuhyun is writing about but Kyuhyun immediately shoo her away.

 

“No peeking, Minnie.” Kyuhyun turned his back away from Sungmin.

 

Sungmin pouted even more by the attitude.

 

Like I really want to see! She sits back with a ‘hmph’, and hands crossed on her chest, unsatisfied.

 

Kyuhyun continues on writing on the notepad, and let Sungmin waits for him without words. After he finish, he calls for the girl to look at him while he flips the notepad one by one for Sungmin to read.

 

‘One small pink bunny.’ Sungmin frowns after reading the first sentence.

 

‘She loves to sings.’

 

‘She loves to dance’

 

‘She loves everything pink and cute’

 

‘Most of all…’he trails off the sentence.

 

‘Her smile is the best!!’ Kyuhyun ends his story, and just like a magic, a pink bunny keychain appears from his hand.

 

Sungmin’s eyes beams instantly.

 

‘Bunny!!’

 

“Yes, the bunny is yours.” Kyuhyun hands in the keychain into Sungmin’s hands.

 

Thank you!!’ Sungmin ‘said’ happily.

 

“Do you like it?” Sungmin nods eagerly, “It’s good then. I bought it a long time ago. I figure that you might want to add a friend to your bunny collection.”

 

“I’m so happy that you like it.” Just how I expect you to be. Kyuhyun keeps the remaining reply only to himself.

 

Sungmin takes the notepad back and writes her thanks in there, together with all the possible emoticons available. She is indeed happy to get the present. What’s more, it’s from her Kyukyu which makes it even more special for her. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun smiles, happy that she is happy.

 

“Alright.” Kyuhyun suddenly stands up, “It’s late. Let’s get you to sleep.” He gives out his hand.

 

Sungmin nods and accepts the hand to help her stands up on her feet. And yet, fate has something even more interesting happening for them. Sungmin suddenly loses her balance and fall straight with Kyuhyun onto the floor with a loud yelp.

 

“Ahh!!”

 

Ahh? Did Sungmin just let out a voice? Kyuhyun’s eyes wide open.

 

Oh no! Why now?!! Sungmin screams inside her head.

 

While they two are staring into each other’s eyes, the light suddenly switches on.

 

“Finally! Home!”

 

The time stops. Sungmin’s uncle, Sungjin appears out of nowhere. There are two men standing beside him, also looks so astounded by what they see. In front them now is, Sungmin and a boy that they didn’t know, on the floor, hugging each other. A scene none ever expects to see especially in their own house, and in the morning. In a flash of second, Sungjin dashes to the boy and a punch lands on Kyuhyun’s face, hard.

 

 “Kyukyu!”

 

Kyuhyun vividly hears a voice calling, before he totally blacks out.

 

Sungmin?

 

TBC

 

 

 

Finally! I manage to finish this kyumin moment! It’s been really hard because I really am fail at writing this! Hehehe..and so, Sungjin has come home with his two best men. Thank you so much for all the supports from readers and comments, it really make my day. About Minnie forgiving everyone, let’s just say that Minnie is an angel after all. Hehehe

Thanks in advance!