The beach

Voice

Chapter 23

 

“OKINAWA!!!” ignoring the fact that they are at the airport, the idiotic couple, Eunhyuk and Donghae screamed happily loud and clear.

 

Kyuhyun sighs and hide himself behind the shade of black sunglasses to cover up his embarrassment. Yesung and Ryeowook just smile seeing the couple. The five of them have actually just landed at the Japan’s land, Okinawa. After the conversation with Sungjin yesterday afternoon, they cheers loudly when Yesung announced that they are going to Okinawa for the remaining summer vacation. Sungmin has a penthouse there belong to the group, that’s why she could easily invite them together.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae are the one excited the most. Well, all of them are actually excited by the invitation. It one of golden opportunities for them to go out of the country of course they would not let it slip away just like that. Furthermore, all expenses for the vacation are fully paid by Sungmin, which mean… FREE! They all hurriedly went home and packed their things, totally thrilled for the next day to come.

 

And that is how Kyuhyun, Yesung, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae end up together in the Japan’s Airport at the moment. Jongjin was also invited, but since he said he has something to settle, he couldn’t join them for the trip. Because of that also, Kyuhyun has to keep calming himself from raging every time he saw the PDA shown by his friends. He regrets it so much to agree for the trip but then again, he can’t wait to meet with Sungmin again. Just with the thought of meeting Sungmin again makes him super happy. His wish to spend the summer with Sungmin is fulfill after all.

 

“Hyung, where are we going now?” Kyuhyun asks Yesung after smacking Eunhyuk for the embarrassing act just now.

 

“Yunho-hyung texted me that he has send some men to fetch us.” Yesung is looking at the street, “Just watch for…” before he manages to finish his sentence, 2 black luxury sedan car parks in front of them, “Sedan car.” He finishes off his sentence with a smile.

 

The other four are wide open seeing that sort of car in from them. It is like the cars come from the movie and a dream come true seeing that sort of car actually parking right in front.

 

“The car is here!” Yesung informs, snaps their mind from the shock.

 

“This…is the car, hyung?” Yesung nods to Eunhyuk’s question.

 

2 strong and fierce looking men come out from each of the car. All except Yesung freeze upon seeing them, especially the part where both of them has tattoo attaches on their arm respectively. Out of reflex, they take one step backward each, scared. Yesung chuckles to see their cute and shocking expressions.

 

Yesung-san, good day.” One of the men greets in Japanese which is only understand by Yesung alone.

 

Good day to you too. They are my friends.” Yesung answer in Japanese also, referring to the dongsaeng who are all secretively hiding behind him.

 

Yes, Yunho-sama has already told us about your arrival. Please get inside the car. We will send you to Sungmin ojou-sama immediately.” He gives a way for them to enter the car followed by the other man.

 

Yesung nod lightly, “Ok guys,” he turns to look at still frozen friends, “Get inside the car. Sungmin is waiting for us.” He said.

 

“We’re riding this?”

 

 Yesung nods.

 

“With them?”

 

“Yes, we all are. It will take few minutes to reach Sungmin’s penthouse from here. Just ride the car and enjoy the beautiful view on the way.” Yesung answers, too casual in the ears of the others.

 

“But, oppa, are you sure they are the right person that Sungmin send to fetch us?” Ryeowook asks, still feeling a bit suspicious about those men and absolutely agrees by the others.

 

Yesung laughs, “Don’t be afraid, Wookie. These men are the right person for sure. They are Sungmin’s men and also, Sungjin-hyung’s underlings. You do know, they have a lot of people like them here. They will not be the first and last of them.” He said, patting Ryeowook’s head soft.

 

Ryeowook nods faintly, but her eyes still fixed on the two guys.

 

“But…”

 

“Why don’t we do it this way?” He let go a sigh, “You and Donghae will ride with me in the same car. And the other two…”

 

“No, hyung! Don’t leave us!” Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk beg out of sudden.

 

“Aish, don’t be such a scary cat. They will not hurt you.”

 

“But, hyung!”

 

Yesung pulled the two girls inside the car without bothering to hear the two boys’ cries any longer. Donghae and Ryeowook giggles to see that pitiful face of Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk riding the other sedan car nervously.

 

“But, oppa he is a good guy, right?” Donghae asks to ensure, she still worry about her boyfriend after all.

 

“Yes, Hae. They all are good. Just because they come from the yakuza family doesn’t mean that they are all bad. Sungmin is one of them, remember?” Donghae nods, finally understands.

 

After a few more minutes on the ride, they all finally arrive at the destination. Once again, the four friends are all wide open seeing the enormous penthouse in front of their eyes. Sungmin’s penthouse is an English European style white house, located near the beautiful beachside, standing proudly and looks so extravagant in the eye of normal people. They never thought Sungmin to be that extremely rich when her house back in Korea is just a double storey house. A figure comes running towards them from the front door, and happily launch to hug Ryeowook tight.

 

“I’m glad that you arrive safely.”  It is none other than Sungmin, looking so beautiful in her casual one-piece mini dress, short sleeves and a hat on her.

 

The hat falls as she hugs Ryeowook and to be even more surprise, Sungmin’s appearance this time is different than before the vacation.

 

“You cut your hair?!” Ryeowook and Donghae ask altogether, because that’s the first thing they realize about Sungmin.

 

“Oh, you notice that.” Sungmin combs her hair awkwardly.

 

Her long straight hair till waist before is now only on shoulder length but she still looks so beautiful. Even more beautiful than she was before.

 

“Mama forces me to cut my hair for a change. She said it’s a celebration for my changes to speak again.” Sungmin reasoned, pouting because she at first feels a bit ridiculous to cut her hair for that reason, “Why? Does it not suit me?” she asks cutely.

 

“No! You look so beautiful!” her friends denied immediately.

 

“I don’t think there is anyone else who is suited to have this hairstyle except you.” Ryeowook adds which makes Sungmin laughs lightly to hear that comment from her.

 

“You don’t have to try that hard to compliment me, you know. I’m fine with any critics.”

 

“What? I really mean it!” Ryeowook retorts back Sungmin’s word, agreed by Donghae who is beside her.

 

“I agree with Ryeowook this time, Minnie.” Yesung said, finally have the chance to say something between the girls’ talk, “This hairstyle does suits you better.” He adds more.

 

“Yesung-hyung is right. You look like a model. If you say you are, I will surely believe that.”

 

Sungmin giggles, “I did though.” She replies to Eunhyuk’s words.

 

Her friends look at her confusedly after she said that.

 

“Let’s just forget about my hair already and get inside. I have something to show you.” Sungmin said, didn’t actually explain what she just said.

 

“Ah, Kannou-san, Suzuki-san, Arigatou.” She thanked her two men, “Mata atou ne (let’s meet again).” She said in fluent Japanese and waved goodbye to those men before she drags her friends inside the house.

 

“Close your mouth, Kyuhyun. Fly might come in.” Kyuhyun snaps out into the reality after a hit from Yesung on his shoulder.

 

He looks around and realizes he is already alone. Yesung and Eunhyuk left him alone in amusing to see that idiotic look on his face. Kyuhyun’s face flushed madly. He can’t believe that he has been in daze ever since Sungmin appear in her new appearance especially since Sungmin is showing more of her skin openly. He sighs heavily. He starts walking to the house after being called few times by Donghae from the inside.

 

I need to calm my heart. He reminds himself inwardly and has been taking a deep breath repeatedly.

 

~~

 

“Tada!!” Sungmin shows two pieces of dresses lying on the bed to Ryeowook and Donghae.

 

The girls look at her confusedly.

 

“Dress?”

 

“Yup. It’s from my mama.” Sungmin pulls them to sit on the bed together with her.

 

“Mama?”

 

“Mama wants to say her gratitude to both of you for being my first friend and best friend in Korea.” Sungmin starts explaining, “This blue one-piece dress is for Wookie and this red one is for Haehae, since you always dance and so attractive, that is what my mama said.” She adds more, didn’t notice the confuse look that is given by her friend.

 

“Wookie? Haehae?” they jerk lightly by the call, “You don’t like it?” Sungmin asks, worried that her surprise might turn the other way around.

 

“What? No! we like it!” they denied but it is still not convincing enough for Sungmin.

 

“Then? Why do you look so shock?”

 

“Because we are shock, Minnie.”

 

“Yeah, Haehae is right.” They sit on each of Sungmin’s side.

 

“The dress is lovely but, why? And sorry to offend you by this question, but who is this ‘mama’ you keep saying about? I thought that your parents are already…” Donghae trails the question awkwardly, didn’t exactly know how to say it.

 

And Sungmin, instead of feel offended, she giggles to hear that. Of course it makes her friend more puzzled.

 

“Sorry if I confuse you so much.” Sungmin stops laughing, “Actually mama is my aunt. She is my only aunt and family from my mother’s side.”

 

“Mother’s side?”

 

Sungmin nods.

 

“Yup, Jin-chan is my uncle and only family from my father‘s side while mama is from my mother’s side. Her name is Heechul actually.” Ryeowook and Donghae nod their head while continuing on listening.

 

“Mama lives in China together with her husband. She was born from there whereas Jin-chan is from here, Japan.” She adds.

 

“So, she is your aunt who lives in China?” Sungmin nods, “Then, why did you call her mama instead of cute nickname like Sungjin uncle, Jin-chan?” Ryeowook asks for more details.

 

“Well…I don’t quite remember why but, mama once told me that the first word that I call her after my parents’ death is ‘mama’. She didn’t understand it at first why I call her that. Then again, she said she was really happy to hear me calling that. It makes her feel so special.” Sungmin smiles genuinely, “And I have been calling her that ever since.”

 

Ryeowook and Dongahae nods their head, finally get the point, “Furthermore, Jin-chan is not the actual nickname that I gave to my uncle.”

 

“Not actual?” they become confuse again by Sungmin’s statement.

 

“Jin-chan nickname is ‘ame’.”

 

Ame? What’s that?” her friends ask for more details.

 

“It’s rain in Japanese. I love that nickname so much and had been going around calling him that before. Some people don’t understand why but I think I just love that name. Rain is specifically special for Jin-chan because he really resembles one.”

 

Ryeowook and Donghae’s were still frowning while late processing the information, but they are glad that they finally understand a bit about Sungmin.

 

“Okay, just forget about that. What do you think about the dress?”

 

“Oh, it’s great! I love it!” their attention immediately swaps.

 

“Me too!” they exclaimed happily.

 

“Your aunt has a nice taste Minnie.” Donghae compliments, as she examining the red dress carefully.

 

“Oh, she’s the one who design these dresses. It is one of her latest collection.” Sungmin replied to the compliment.

 

“She’s a designer?”

 

“Yup. She designs most of mine and also Woo-kun clothes.”

 

“Wow…you really have talented people in your family, Sungminie.”

 

Sungmin chuckles, finding it cute for her friend to compliment her like that, “I guess so.” She commented.

 

“Anyway, talk about present…”

 

“Hae baby! Are done talking?! Let’s play at the beach.” Eunhyuk’s loud voice calling from downstairs interrupts Donghae from talking.

 

“Yes, honey! I’m coming later!” she replied back and quickly turns to look at Sungmin with a huge grin on her and also Ryeowook’s face.

 

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

~~

 

I need to calm down. I really need to calm down. It’s summer, Cho Kyuhyun. That’s why Sungmin wears that sleeveless dress. You should not focus on that milky white skin. Also stop imagining that skinny and hot looking leg. You should calm down! Kyuhyun keep telling himself again and again.

 

He constantly fanning himself to delete the image of Sungmin that he saw. He and the other boys are now at the beach waiting for the girls to come. There are few other people around at the beach and he could clearly see how popular Sungmin’s favorite people are when there are a lot of girls pursuing them openly. He just watches in amazement and also especially since he didn’t understand a bit of Japanese language that they are talking about.

 

Hey, do you wanna join us?” A group of girls seductively go near Yunho and try to flirt with him.

 

Yunho smiles politely, “Sorry. I’m with someone already.”

 

Oh, come on…it’s not that hard.”

 

We’ll buy you some drink.” Another girl starts touching him, showing her big .

 

Yunho inwardly groan, “Look, miss. I’m…eh, look isn’t that Jang Dongwoo from the Infinite H.” Yunho points straight to Dongwoo who is walking towards him.

 

Infinite?!! Where?!” the girls immediately get crazy and turn to look at where Yunho is pointed at.

 

“Eh? What?” Dongwoo squint his eyes to look closely at a few girls staring at him.

 

Infinite!!” recognizes the person behind the cap, their victim right away change to Dongwoo.

 

“Jung Yunho!!” Dongwoo fast flee away from the swamp of girls when they started to chase him.

 

Yunho sighs in relieved when the girls are gone chasing Dongwoo. He finally gets some peace of mine.

 

Yup, they are all popular. Kyuhyun concluded, nodding his head in sync because at far he can see that Sungjin is also surrounded by few girls.

 

 I can’t believe that the girls here are very open in flirting. Those girls are beautiful. But, of course my Minnie is more beautiful and prettier than them. He proudly claims inside and smirking on the outside, once again imagining Sungmin’s beauty.

 

“We’re here!”

 

Two happy voices greeted. Kyuhyun turns his head behind to look at the voice together with the other boys there. To say that he is shock is really an understatement because in the end, his heart couldn’t stay calm after all. Just when he is almost calm with Sungmin’s image from his head, showing her skin in the hot summer weather, here Sungmin appears in front of him wearing a swimsuit, showing more skin than before. His eyes wide open scanning from head to toe at the girl in front of him now. His heart thumping more loudly as his face turns bright red slowly.

 

To make things worse, the heat and the image in front of him didn’t help him feel better at all. It makes him feel even hotter instead. And yet, of course, there’s a hindrance for him.

 

“Kyukyu!! Watch out!” Sungmin screams.

 

Unlike the other time, Sungmin’s warning this time is right on track. Kyuhyun steps back on the nick of time as a very fast volley ball goes right through in front of him and landed with a loud bang.

 

He shivers instantly. I’m dead. Sungjin is standing behind him, shooting a deadly glare.

 

“Jin-chan!” Sungmin huffed angrily at her uncle absurd action of trying to hurt her Kyuhyun again.

 

“What? He deserves that! Don’t you see the way he stares at your body? He’s practically you in his mind!”

 

? In my mind?

 

“No! help me!!” Kyuhyun’s imagination runs wild after hearing Sungjin’s words.

 

“Kyah! Kyuhyun your nose is bleeding!” Ryeowook shouts and all eyes in a flash focus on him.

 

Kyuhyun starts to panic. Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae and even Dongwoo whom just came back, laugh hysterically. Yunho shakes his head left and right, couldn’t believe the boy. Sungmin was stunned, her face blush. Most importantly, it is for sure make Sungjin’s temper rises.

 

“Look! He must be imagining you’re to have this nosebleed!” Sungjin pointed, accused Kyuhyun but the obvious truth though.

 

“I’m not!” Kyuhyun denied.

 

“Liar!”

 

“No! I’m not! You got to believe me, Sungmin!” Kyuhyun explains, and his hand grabs anything nearest him to wipe away the blood.

 

Unfortunately, the thing that he took is actually the table cloth. Which is not so good at absorbing water at all, and what worse, the bleeding didn’t stop.

 

“Stupid Kyuhyun! !!” Sungmin yelled, and left the place in embarrassed.

 

Donghae and Ryeowook follow her while laughing. And the other still laugh their heart out.

 

“You deserve that! brat! Hahaha…” Sungjin laughs evilly, so satisfied that Kyuhyun’s good image in Sungmin’s eyes is ruin.

 

“You’re really funny Kyuhyun!”

 

“And so screw this time!!” they sang altogether, mocking Kyuhyun with a loud laugh.

 

? I’m ? Sungmin! It’s not like that at all!! Kyuhyun denied and yelled inside, totally understand the word so much. His dream of spending happy and lovey dovey moment with Sungmin has crush.

 

 

TBC

 

I’m sorry!! I really fail at making any funny story…angst is my forte after all. Sorry if this chapter is a fail. HAHAHA…I will try to make more kyumin moment in the next chapter. I’ve been thinking the plot now. Just need time to write it. busy busy…my work is so busy lately!! ミ●﹏☉ミ

Comments are highly appreciated!! *as usual…hehehehe*