Amber Part 1

Voice

CHAPTER 29

~DURING LUNCH~

 

Eunhyuk, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were all astounded with what they saw in front of them. Jo came to the cafeteria to join them as promised but unlike this morning, ‘he’ is no longer the ‘he’ that they knew yesterday.

 

JO IN A GIRL UNIFORM!!

 

“Hi guys.” The said person greeted them, fidgeting with the hem of the uniform.

 

“YOU’RE A GIRL?!” they shout in unison.

 

“Technically...yes...I am...” she replied quietly.

 

“But, how...is that possible?” Kyuhyun confusedly ask, really couldn’t believe what his eyes were seeing.

 

“Because it is the truth.” Jongjin said, answering the question vaguely.

 

Everyone looked at him and the girl back forth waiting for some explanation to the strange situation.  The girl on the other hand, looked really gloom. She looked at Jongjin with a pout like a really lost puppy. Jongjin sighed, and just nodded his head reluctantly, giving the sign for her to continue. She first cleared and looks upfront meeting up with their eyes.

 

“I’m...my name is actually Amber Josephine Liu. I am an exchange student from Taiwan and sorry...” she bows her head low, “I am actually a girl.”

 

The others gawked.

 

Flashback at the student council room.

 

“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!” Yesung shouted furiously as soon as the door to the club room is closed.

 

Amber’s body abruptly jerkedaway from her stand by the shouting. And even some students outside the room were shocked to hear that sudden shout.

 

“How dare you did this to me?! You make a truce with Jongjin! Lie to me about your transferring! Lie about your real name! And now, wearing a boy’s uniform?! Just because I was not there when you first come, you dare to do this?! Just what the hell do you think you’re doing, huh?!!” Yesung yelled on top of his lung in anger.

 

“Sorry oppa...” Amber apologized, closing her eyes tight, frightened by the Yesung’s rage.

 

“Then why did you do that?!” Yesung yelled, making the girl jerked with it.

 

“I’m really sorry oppa!!” Amber said out loud, clasping her hands together asking for forgiveness, “I know I shouldn’t lie to you! Please forgive me! I promise to never do that again! I’m really sorry!” She begged, bowing 90 degree.

 

Yesung looked at her, and let go a deep sighed. He took a breath and closed his eyes and opened it again to control the anger he felt.

 

“Sorry…” Amber said again softly, take a peek at Yesung’s face with the corner of her eyes.

 

“Sorry?” Yesung repeated the word, his voice flattened.

 

He suddenly laughed, “No, no my dear...sorry is not enough.And guess what my baby little sister, I will surely going to grillyou alive for lying to me. You know how much I hate a liar, right…” He threatened.

 

Amber gulped down her saliva, obviously really scare with the man right that moment. Yesung was smiling at her but his eyes totally saying the opposite of it. It was enough for Amber to clearly understand that she was in deep trouble now.

 

“Oppa, please...” she whispered, pleading for her life to be spare.

 

“Now!” Yesung ignored her and walked toward his table leisurely.

 

He leaned on the edge of the table, “What should I do first with you?” He questioned to no one but to himself and Amber, the only person there.

 

“Err…”

 

“Should I make you clean the toilet?” he proposed, making the girl wide eyes to hear that, “What about a hundred pages letter of apology? No, it will take times to do that. Or maybe…” he smirked, “Cleaning the school ground? That’s not a bad idea, it cleaned the school.”

“Oppa!” she protested.

 

BAM!

 

“SO?! How’s the fight going?!”The door suddenly bam open and a man in suit appeared, asking a very not suitable question loudly.

 

Yesung and Amber both turned to him right away, surprised by the sudden outburst.

 

“Oh, you’re still alive. That’s good.” He remarked at Amber casually, ignore the situation he is in.

 

“Onew saeng? What are…”

 

“Songsaengnim!! Help me!! Yesung oppa is going to ‘kill’ me!” Amber screamed and ran to him, crying for help.

 

“Hush, hush. Everything is alright, Amber dear.” Onew pats the girl’s head, “Yesung is a good president. He will never do something like that. He…” his sentences trails and hung as he sensed some fire burning from the other side.

 

Nervously he glancedup front, and met up with a very angry Yesung, gritting his teeth.

 

“You…”

 

Now, Yesung’s anger that was supposed to go down, rise once more and has reached the peak. He is not only felt cheated by his dongsaeng but also his teacher. Onew forced a smile and he can almost feel the wrath about to fall on him.

 

“Onew songsaengnim…don’t…tell me…you are…also behind this?” Yesung said, word by word clenching his fist to control himself.

 

Onew laughs awkwardly, “Haha…calm down, Yesung.” He pats the boy’s head few times to ease the tense.

 

Yesung groaned when his hand touched him and he let go instantly. The president glares at him, showing his dissatisfaction to the man. Onew and Amber trembles by the stare, they both could tell that they had pushed the wrong button on Yesung.

 

Yesung’s eyes narrowed staring at them, “Explain.” He commanded, short and sternly.

 

Once again, Onew and Amber gulped in fright.

 

“Okay…I will speak the truth.” Onew volunteered, raised his hand up in the air, surrendered.

 

“I admit that I knew about Amber’s identity.” He started, “I knew because I’m her parents’ friend. Then, yes, it was also me who help her to get the permission to enter the school. And about her uniform…let’s just say that she looks good in it. So, I don’t think it’s wrong for her to wear it.”

 

Yesung frowned hard at him. The teacher’s explanation didn’t satisfy his questions at all.

 

“Why?” he asked for more.

 

“Her mother asks for my help to do it, that’s all. I know that you are unsatisfied that we lied. And I also know you think that it’s unfair because we didn’t tell you about this. But, to tell the truth, I really just want to help her. You know that I can’t resist any request from beautiful lady, right?” he joked.

 

Yesung sneered by the last statement, faking a disgusted feeling by it.

 

“He’s right, oppa. Mama knew about this. Heenim also…”

 

“Stand straight!” Amber jerked instantly from behind Onew by Yesung’s yell.

 

“Kneel on the floor! Hands up in the air!” in reflex, Amber obeyed every order like a real soldier, “And sit straight!”

 

The atmosphere inside room fell into a deep silent and a very tense one. Even Onew automatically stood still with the orders. Yesung and Amber’s eyes meet with each other. She instinctively shivers.

 

Yesung was smirking at her, evilly, “Since you love to act like a boy so much, Josephine. I will treat you like one. You and your accomplices are sure going to get punish really…bad…” he threatened.

 

Amber’s body trembles in fear and Onew by the side also could feel tense of the threat. It was really not a good thing after all to lie to the ‘lion’.

 

“Saeng…” Amber begs to him, pleading for help knowing something bad is about to come to her.

 

Onew looked at her apologetically, “Sorry…” he replied, couldn’t do anything else.

 

Even though he is the teacher and Yesung is his student, he really didn’t have much to say in that matter. Yesung’s authority as the president of student council will surely win in the unspoken battle. Furthermore, they are guilty in lying after all.

 

Flashback end.

 

“And that is my story.” Amber ended her story, her head still low looking at the floor, feeling sad.

 

The other can only gape at her with the story told. What they didn’t expect is actually Yesung’s anger. They even wonder whether Amber is being exaggerated but by the look on her face, it clearly is not.

 

“A!!” Sungmin’s voice called from afar and came running towards her.

 

“Minnie…”

 

“Are you okay? Did Yeye oppa do anything to you? He didn’t hurt you, right? He…”

 

“Calm down, Minnie.” Jongjin cuts Sungmin’s tracks of questions, “A is still alive and perfectly healthy. Hyung will never hurt her.”

 

“Ah…really? You’re okay?” She still asked.

 

Amber nodded her head innocently, with a childish smile. Sungmin still look at her worriedly. And because of that, Amber also becomes so sad suddenly.

 

“Mingming! I’m so sad!” she cried, hugging Sungmin seeking for sympathy.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Oppa is so cruel! He’s very angry at me! He lectured me! He even said he will continue doing so at home! He also forced me to wear this uniform, and…and he punished me for a week cleaning the school yard! Everyone was looking at me weirdly! This is so unfair!” she complained, obviously upset.

 

Sungmin patted her back, comforting her because she already knew about the punishment. And even she can’t say anything against it. Suddenly, asmack arrived on her head, shocking every eye watching there.

 

“It hurts!” Amber whined in pain.

 

It was Jongjin who hits her, glaring at her in rage.

 

“Jongjinie, don’t hit her!” Sungmin defended.

 

“She deserved that! Because of her, I was also punished the same thing!” Jongjin pointed at her.

 

Amber gawked, “What?! You can’t blame it on me alone! It’s not my fault! I didn’t know oppa will do that!” she retorted back.

 

“You said everything will be settled! You said you had a teacher to back up us!”

 

“I did! But, I didn’t know he will be useless and so weak against Yeye oppa!”

 

“You should know it before you make me do it!”

 

“I said I don’t know!”

 

“ENOUGH!”

 

Everyone jumped from their seat by the unexpected shout. Even the bickering couple went hurriedly hid behind Sungmin hearing it. It was someone they knew so well after all because Yesung was there, standing and arms crossed on his chest.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

a/n: I kept listening to Kyuhyun’s solo debut song ‘At Gwanghwamun’ and cried…it feels so real with my KyuMin world broken. It’s sad but true…especially the part ‘I was happy. I look back once again at Gwanghwamun, in case you are standing there.’ Kyuhyun is the ballad prince after all, his voice soothes me…