The Past

My Teacher is My Babysitter?!?

*Babo! Babo! Babo!* You repeated as you smacked your forehead with the palm of your hand. *Geez! That was soo embarassing!*

You looked at the picture that was in still in your hand. *I guess I have to apologize for acting so immature huh? Right......umma?*

You quickly got dressed and made your way to Luhan's bedroom. With a rapidly beating heart, you opened the door and poked you head in.

"L-luhan oppa?" You called.

"Over here." You followed the voice and saw that Luhan was at his desk. You walked towards his desk closing the door behind you.

"You wanted to discuss something?" You asked. Luhan nodded.

"Actually it's more like a favor." He replied. He got up from his chair and walked towards his bed. He sat down on his bed and patted the space next to him. Getting the signal, you walked towards him and sat on his bed.

"You see. My friends from China came to Korea in an attempt to surprise me. The thing is they thought they can spend their nights at my place."

You nodded your head. "But since you're working here. My dad told you to move in with me."

"Yeah, so right now they are staying at a hotel but they don't have that much money left. Sooo..... I... uh.... I was wondering" Luhan put his hands together. "Can they please stay here until their flight leaves for China? They are only staying for a month." He begged.

You chuckled. "Of course they can."

"Really!?!" He beamed. He then hugged you. "Thank you so so much!"

You blushed. "I-it's fine!"

Luhan realized what he did and released you. He faked a cough. "Haha... sorry" He scratched the back of his head. His cheeks were tinted with a light shade of red.

"I-it's okay" You said but inside your heart is beating out of control.

Silence.

"Hey" "Umm.." You both said at the same time. You both let out a small chuckle.

"You first" Luhan stated.

"Well, I just wanted to apologize again for snapping at you earlier." You stated.

"No, it's my fault for snooping around without permission." He said. 

"That's true. Maybe it is your fault," You said.

"Hey!" He said. You laughed.

"I'm just kidding! Anyways, what were you going to say?"

"Well, actually I wanted to ask about the picture. I wanted to ask who that lady was." He stated.

Your gaze moved down to your lap. Sadness filled your eyes. Luhan saw your change in expression and started to panic.

"It's okay if you don't wanna tell me! I completely understand! It's not of my business anyways right? Hahaha....." He tried to change the mood. *Way to go Luhan!* He mentally scolded himself. He smacked his forehead with his hand.

"No," At the sound of your voice he turned to look at you. "It's fine. I can tell you."

"Are you sure? You really don't have to if the memory is too sad to bring up." He stated.

You shook your head. "It's fine. That lady in the picture is...... my mom...."

"Where is she now? Ever since I got here, I never seen her once." Luhan pointed out.

You pointed up toward the ceiling. "She's up there." You turned your head towards Luhan and gave him a sad smile.

Luhan looked at what you were pointing to. "She's in the basement? Wait...... oh." Luhan stated.

You chuckled at his dumb conclusion. "Yeah.... It's been 5 years since she passed."

"What happened?" He asked.

"It's a long story." You said.

"I got time."

You looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "You sure?"

He gave you a reassuring smile. "I'm sure."

You smiled. "Okay then.... It all happened on a Monday morning......."

*FLASHBACK*

"Umma! Can I go hang out with Taeyeon Unnie today??" You asked.

"Sure go ahead sweetie but make sure to come back before lunch alright?" Your mother said.

"Yay! Wait.... the maids all have a day off and Mr. Lee went with appa. You sure you don't want me to stay with you?"

"I'm fine. Go have fun," She smiled.

You nodded your head and ran to your room to get ready. After getting ready, you left your bedroom and started going down the stairs. *Oh shoot! I forgot my phone* 

As you were about to go upstairs again, you heard a shriek coming from the kitchen.

"Umma!!! What's wrong?!?!" You yelled as you ran towards the kitchen. You gasped as you saw your mom's hair in the hands of some masked guy.

"Hyori! RUN!" She yelled. The guy pulled on her hair making her scream again. 

"MOM!!"

The masked guy pulled out a gun. "You there! Don't move! Or else your dear mother here will suffer." 

"Hyori, just get out of here! Don't worry about me! Just GO!" Your mother begged.

"No! I am not leaving you here!" You pointed at the masked guy. "Release her at once! I'll do what you say!"

"Aww! How sweet" He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Too bad sweet is not going to cut it. Now, I want you to call your father and tell him to hand over 10,000,000 won!" He walked towards you still pulling your mother's hair. He pointed the gun at you. "Now, call him! And don't you dare tell him what is happening here!"

You grabbed the house phone off the counter. Your fingers shook as you dialed your father's number.

"Hello?" You heard your father's voice on the other end.

"A-Appa?" You tried to make your voice sound normal. "It's me, Hyori"

"Ah Hyori? What's wrong sweet heart?" Your father asked.

Before you can say anything, your mother screamed. You and the masked guy both looked at her.

"H-Hyori?! What's going on there?!?! Was that your mother?! Are you two okay?" Your father started to bomb you with questions.

The masked guy was filled with rage. "You little!" He pushed your mom against the wall earning a pained grunt from her.

She smirked at the man. "You better run. The cops will come any minute now." And she was right. There were sirens heard coming around the block.

The man cursed. "You. YOU!" He grabbed your mother and slammed her again against the wall.

"UMMA!" You yelled. You ran up to the guy and tried to pull him off. He elbowed you with the arm that is holding the gun. You collapsed on the floor. As you fell, he kicked you in the stomach making you gasp.

"Come out! You are completely surrounded!" We heard the cops outside. A few minutes later they came barging in. "Freeze! Drop your weapon and let the woman go!"

The masked guy just held onto your mother and pointed the gun toward her head. "Move and she will come to her end."

*NO!* You gathered all your strength to get up and pushed the guy down. He released your mother and tripped forward. The cops made a move forward and grabbed him. They pulled the mask off to reveal the man. It was one of your father's business rivals.

"I will get you for this!!!!" He yelled. He escaped the grasp of the cops and grabbed the gun on one of their belts. He pointed the gun at you. You closed your eyes as he pulled the trigger.

BANG!

The cops got a hold of him once again. You opened your eyes as you felt nothing hit you. You looked at the collapsing figure. Your eyes widened while it got filled with tears.

"UUMMMAAAA!!!!!!" You caught her in your arms. Their was a blood stain on her shirt that covers her stomach. Her blood continued to flow out causing the stain to become bigger. "Umma! Umma! Umma!" You yelled.

"Its o-okay. I-I'm fine" She weakly said as she reached up and  wiped your tears. Soon medics came and pulled her onto a gurney. Your father arrived as soon as your mother was being carried out of the house.

"No....NO! Yeobo!" He ran up to your mother. He grabbed her hand. "It's okay. You're going to be okay." He said. Your mother gave a weak smile. 

Your father looked up. "Where is my daughter? Where is Hyori?!" He asked the cops. You came out of the house in a mess. Your mother's blood was on your shirt. Your eyes were red and your face was wet with all the tears you've shed. "A-Appa..." You croaked. Your ran to him and hugged him tight. "Are you alright??" He asked as he checked your face.

"I'm f-fine b-but Umma.... she..... she...!" You started crying again.

"Shh! It's going to be okay." He tried to calm you down.

You both entered the ambulance and drove off to the hospital.

-------------------------

It's been 4 hours since your mother has been in the ER. You were still a crying mess. Finally the doctor came out. You and your father both rushed towards him.

"How is she? Is she okay?" You father asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry. She had lost too much blood. Plus the bullet is lodged in her stomach which is a vital area. We tried our best but we cannot retrieve it. Going any further than we already have would do the same fate as the bullet. I'm sorry."

You fell on your knees. You started crying again. Harder than you already cried. Your father punched the wall multiple times and soon he also started to cry.

You started to yell. "No...... No.... NO! Umma! UUUMMMAAA!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello~ Here is another update~

I apologize for making you guys wait so long ><

So recently I've been thinking that my updates are too short. So i tried my best to make it longer!

So how is it? Is it too long? Haha! Sorry if it is! XD

Please subscribe and leave comments below! Thank you!

Oh! Also if you have one, please follow my Tumblr~   ^.^

CLICK HERE!

                                                                                        -elaysiaXD