Not bad

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg9Cj2q6Hc

 

Snow lay on the ground. Lights shone in store windows in the shopping district of the city. 

“Gosh! He’s a hottie!”

“Is he a model? an idol?”

“I hope he’s single.”

How did he end up being mobbed by a lot of girls on the street?

 

3 hours ago...

“If you’ll kiss me, I’m going to die, right?”

He remained unresponsive and instead moved closer to her. One of his large hands was gripping her upper arm. She looked up at him. It took the last shred of self-control, of strength.

“Don’t take my soul yet.” Kris heard it more as a command rather than a pleading.

“I will make a deal with you,” she said.

“Deal?” he raised a brow.

“We’ll be having a party for the children. And until then, please… spare my life.”

“Why do you think I would agree to your terms?”

“I saved you,” Seohyun spoke with certainty. “Don’t you think you owe me your life?”

Anger ran on Kris’ veins. He suddenly reached to grab her neck, completely forgetting that she was a girl and hissed, “I don’t owe you anything.”

“O-o-okay…” she choked. “Okay…” Seohyun kept hitting his hand until he slowly loosened his grip.

She immediately rubbed her stinging neck and gasped for air. Seohyun, still holding her neck, stood straight and looked up at him. “I’m sorry if I had hurt your pride. But please,”

Seohyun bowed to him. “… please grant me this wish and wait until Thursday. Then, you could take my life.”

‘Thursday. That’s two days from now.’ He stared back at her stilled bowing form.

“You’re a little cunning, aren’t you?” Kris remarked. He was slightly amused that she was clever enough to have put him on such situation that he could never imagine himself to be in.

“Please… just think of it as a small exchange between two strangers,” she continued while she stood unmoved on her bowing position.

“Deal.”

Seohyun straightened up, “Are you saying that you agree?”

“A life for a life…” he answered.

And excitement filled her eyes as she looked at him with gratitude.

“… but I will still take your soul,” he continued but even with his last sentence, it didn't stop Seohyun to contain her happiness.

“So, don’t you think that we should introduce ourselves formally? I’m Seohyun. Seo Juhyun. But Seohyun is fine. How about you?” she expectantly extended her hand for a shake. However, he only stood there staring at her as if she was a deranged woman.

Right at that moment, her door opened with a bang. Tiffany came in looking exhausted. “We’ve got party problems,” But she stopped when she noticed that Seohyun was not alone in the room.

Seohyun, slightly alarmed, immediately introduced the two.

“Uhmm… unnie, this is Kris.” Kris looked at her. Surprised. ‘How did she know my nickname? I don’t recall mentioning my name today.’

“… he is a college friend.” She was amazed how her mind worked so fast to come up with such.

“I didn't see you pass our station.” Her unnie eyed him suspiciously, “but anyhow...”

Tiffany looked at him from head to toe, “I think you’re fit to do it.” Suddenly, Tiffany dragged him away.

“Unnie?!” Seohyun closely followed where Tiffany was dragging him. They arrived at the back garden of the hospital.

“Minjun-ahjusshi hurt his feet yesterday so he couldn’t come to help us today. And we really need to put up all the streamers today.”

Tiffany eyed Kris, “So, I’m hoping that your friend could help here.”

Seohyun’s eyes widened, “Ah! No no no … Unnie, no… uhmm…” she strongly protested.

Kris rolled his eyes and was about to walk away when,

“Unless you’re friend is afraid of heights?” Evil glint showed on Tiffany’s eyes. “Is he, Seohyunnie~?”

Seohyun nervously glanced at him and at her unnie.

‘Unnie~! What are you saying! Now, we’ll be fried into crisp with his fire! I won’t be able to enjoy the party now!!’ she thought.

“Thank you! That’s right, please raise it a little higher.”

Seohyun turned to see Kris climbing on the metal ladder while holding a streamer. She was shocked. ‘What happened to the hot-tempered guy?’

“You’ve got a good friend here, Seohyunnie~” Tiffany nudged Seohyun.

 

Kris helped all throughout the day until mid-afternoon.

“Ahjusshi~!” Kris looked down to see a girl clutching on his coat.

The girl handed him a flower ornament. “Please put the last piece at the very top, all right? Thank you so much, ahjusshi!” the girl smiled brightly as she ran back inside the hospital.

Kris stared at the thing on his hand, ‘Ahjusshi? Me?’

Seohyun took her camera from Tiffany, as she didn’t want to forget these memories. Then, her lens turned to Kris. He has a mannequin-like face that was almost covered by his dark blonde locks. His physical attributes were nearly perfect. He was tall, good-looking. No one would doubt that he had a nice body even with his clothes on. At that moment, Seohyun thought that she had seen the most attractive guy, so far, in her entire life.

She clicked on her camera when Lami gave the flower to Kris. She chuckled when she heard her call him ‘ahjusshi’. Now, that she thought about it, he did look older. “I wonder how old he is…”

She went back to take ano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter