Angel

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwIKJ-PM3DY

 

“When you had your accident, you sustained a severe head trauma with subsequent subdural hematoma and brain epedema due to the enormous impact on your skull.”

Dr. Choi paused and looked at Seohyun, “Simply put, there was a cut in one of the veins on your brain, which caused rapid bleeding and a huge clot to form on the surface.”

Kris looked at her from the side.

 

“Your hematoma was acute. So we had performed craniotomy on you to remove the clot and fix the tear. Which is why you were comatose for almost a year. But the fact that you’re having frequent headaches these days is not really a good sign. Thus, we will have to run some more tests on you.”

When Dr. Choi left the room, Seohyun’s mom slumped on the chair beside her bed and suddenly reached for her hands.

“You’ll be okay, dear,” her mom forced a smile as she squeezed her daughter's cold hand. “You will be fine.” She reassured her, unaware of the tears trailing down on her own face.

“Umma, I know.” Seohyun squeezed back her mom’s hand. “I know that everything’s going to be fine. So, there’s nothing for you to be afraid of. I still have to be a doctor, remember?” she softly told her mother.

Kris could see sadness in her eyes when he watched Seohyun stare at her mother with her comforting look. Unconsciously, he balled his hands into fists. Slowly, he slipped off and exited the room quietly.

 

Mrs. Seo brushed the back of her hand lovingly on her daughter’s cheek. ‘I really admire your bright and strong personality, honey.’

A knocked on the door cut their moment, and turned to see their visitor. It was the kids. Each of them was bringing all sort of flowers that were probably picked from the garden around the hospital.

“Hey…” Seohyun responded as sweetly as possible. Seeing them, her mom quickly wiped her tears away and stood up to give way for the children.

“Noona,” the young boy who was playing with the blue ball from last time, stepped up first. “I’m really sorry if I hit you with the ball.”

“What?” Seohyun asked, as she was getting confused.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you with the ball, noona.” The young boy lowered his head even more. “Please don’t die!” he ran to hug Seohyun on her bed.

“That was not true! I was the one who threw it, so it was my fault!” another young boy shouted as he also ran to her, crying.

Seohyun slightly chuckled. “No, you guys! None of this, is your fault.” She looked at them with a wide smile.

“And I, you’re noona and unnie, won’t die.” As the words slipped off her tongue, she regretted it. When the kids started to gather and give her hugs, she felt even more regretful. How could she leave them with empty words?

“Okay, kids! Give your flowers and go back to your rooms now,”  Seohyun looked up as Tiffany came in with nurse Park and nurse Han to the kids.

A phone rang, it was her mother's phone. She answered, “Yes, boss? Right now?” She glanced at her daughter, “Okay, I'll be there.”

“Unnie, I folded this especially for you.” Lami, extended the paper flower to Seohyun.

“Wow, this is beautiful! Thank you, Lami~” she gave the little girl a small peck before letting her run to nurse Han.

 

“Honey, I will do this quick errand from work. I will come back in an hour, all right?” Her mom, hurriedly took her bag and folded her coat.

“Okay. Be careful, mom.”

“Ms. Hwang,” her mom turned to Tiffany. “Please look after her.” Tiffany simply smiled and bowed back at her.


Tiffany stood beside her bed with hands on her waist. Seohyun bowed at her, “I’m sorry for making you worried and for ruining the party.”

“You didn’t ruin anything! The kids had so much fun thanks to you,” she went and patted her shoulder.

“Nurse Hwang, Dr. Song needs your assistance.”  A nurse holding a clipboard showed up.

“Okay.” Then, Tiffany turned back to Seohyun and gave her a sweet hug, “Rest well.”

Seohyun nodded in return and waved. At the sound of the closed door, she paused for a while. She decided to stand up from her bed and went to open the window. She gazed outside, peering at the outside world. The sun was setting but to her, the sun was eyeing down upon h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter