Sleep talks

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkXq11mpOA

 

An hour had passed since Seohyun treated his wound. She covered the male with his own coat and an extra blanket to avoid getting a cold. Kris suddenly coughed. Seohyun stood alertedly,

“Uhmm… Excuse me… Do you want me to get you water or anything?”

Sensing that he won’t reply, she took the initiative to get the water but in one swift movement, Kris reached out. He took hold of her slender hand and pulled her beside him. Seohyun’s eyes widened and her heart thumped madly.

With an almost sad whisper, he said, “Stay. Please… Stay with me.”

She looked down to see the man with his eyes closed. ‘Was he only sleep-talking?’

She waved her hands across his face and there was no movement. Forgetting about the water, her knees weakened and she slumped on the floor.

With a flushed face, Seohyun curled her hair behind her ear. Then, she felt the strong grip on her hand. Her eyes softened while watching him. So, she returned his grip and placed her other hand on top of his.

“Rest assure. I'll be here,” she answered while rubbing their hands as she blew warm air.

And she felt his body relaxed.

==============================

 

Now, Seohyun was crouching beside the couch to watch over him but she was already dozing off that her head was already rocking back and forth. She hit her head lightly on the couch and her eyes opened. She looked at her wristwatch again for the time, ‘Oh! It’s already morning.’

She hastily broke the contact of their hands. She stretched her arms and decided to pour some soup for herself, ‘Aah… It has gotten cold already.’ and took a bite on a sandwich from last night. Then, her gaze traveled at the sleeping man.

‘He looks so peaceful and cool,’ unconsciously, she his disheveled bangs away.

Suddenly, her eyes widened, ‘What am I doing?’ She quickly withdrew her hand. She shook her head and drank more of the soup. There was sudden movement and Seohyun placed the food down to tend to him. She watched as he slowly opened his eyes,

“Water,” Kris croaked, his throat feeling tight. He apparently had lost a lot of fluids.

“Oh, of course!” Seohyun replied. She moved to the table beside her bed, where the glass and pitcher of water was. “Here.”

Kris took the glass, draining it quickly. Instantly, the world became clearer. His memories came rushing back to him.

He was supposed to be dead.

“I'm... alive,” he said slowly, more to himself than to her.

“Yes, you are.” Seohyun responded, still cheerful clearly forgetting her disposition as his soon-to-be-victim. “You're very lucky, you know.”

It was true; it had been pure luck that he had made it to where this girl was before he fell unconscious. For saving his life, he was very grateful to her.

Yet, his trained mind was indignant.

He was supposed to be dead.

“Why did you help me?” he asked.

Seohyun was visibly taken aback. “What?” she exclaimed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter