Let fate decide

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljsYlqt0Wd4

 

It was a beautiful day. Though, there was a chill in the air because of winter season. Seohyun had loved seeing the beautiful snow fall from the sky. If only she could, she would rush outside to play under it, lying down, making snow angels and building snow men. But not right now. She and the others were too busy preparing the decorations for their upcoming children’s party.

Seohyun was happily organizing the materials with the kids inside the playroom. Good thing for her that her room was just two doors away. So, whenever they missed something, she could simply walk back to her room to get it without any sweat. But in her deep involvement with the activity, she didn’t notice the careful eyes she was receiving from her mother outside the room.

“Have you told your daughter about it, Mrs. Seo?” Dr. Choi appeared beside Seohyun’s mother.

Stressfully, her mother folded her arm and shook her head. Dr. Choi looked at the middle aged woman worriedly.

“She’ll know about this anytime. The symptoms will keep on coming back and there’s nothing we could do to prevent her from discovering this.”

“I know.” Mrs. Seo immediately covered to stop the sound of her cry. “She’s too happy. I don’t want to lose the light in her eyes once she gets the news.”

Dr. Choi reached to her and patted her back. He watched Seohyun laughing and having fun with kids as if they were her own peers. And it was really painful to watch. Dr. Choi, then, led Mrs. Seo to his office to calm her down and also, to avoid being seen by Seohyun, herself.

=============================

“Unnie!” Seohyun lifted her head to look at another young girl carrying a bunch of stuff toys.

“Hey~ Lami,” Seohyun kneeled to the girl’s eye level. “Why are you the one carrying these stuffs?” she softly asked while caressing the girl’s soft cheeks.

The young girl giggled with Seohyun’s touch before answering, “I asked nurse Han if I could help prepare for the party and she asked me to bring these toys to you.”

Seohyun smiled at her as she took the toys. She wanted to squish the cuteness of this girl.

“So, was I able to help, unnie?” Lami looked at her with puppy eyes. That did it. Seohyun hugged the little girl. As she broke off their hug, “Yeah, you were very helpful.”

The young girl smiled widely. Seohyun, then, softly poked her nose, “Now, you can go help Haewon and the others fold paper flowers. Do you like that?”

Lami nodded excitedly and ran to the table where the other young girls are. But before she could go back to fixing one streamer, another ruckus came. Jisung, a boy she knew who was diagnosed with Leukaemia, went up to her crying.

“Aigoo!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter