First kiss

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTK1YQ9N8UA

 

Peering from the window, he saw that Seohyun's mother was asleep on her bedside. He noticed their hands were linked. 

‘She must have been holding it for a long time.’

 

Suddenly, he saw Seohyun's doctor, Dr. Choi and her favorite nurse came in. Her mother woke up from the noise and gently withdrew her hand from Seohyun's. She, then, turned to the both of them.

“What is happening? She was so well yesterday?” Kris heard the soft cry of Seohyun's mother

“It was the acute subdural hematoma, Mrs.Seo”  Dr. Choi answered calmly. Tiffany was surprisingly quiet as she stared at the floor. “After the craniotomy we performed during her first surgery, the veins in her brain have become more vulnerable. We suspected that there was a leak which allowed another clot to form. Seohyun did not show any symptoms that would have alerted us of the growing clump in her brain. But these past few weeks...”  

The doctor sighed,  “It was too late.” 

The woman lost the strength on her knee and ended up kneeling on the ground, then, muffled a sob. Dr. Choi offered her to exit the room for some water outside.

Overlooking from the window, he watched as Seohyun's mother stood up while being escorted by the nurse out of the room. He opened the unlocked window and went in, still floating.

Kris was finally with her. His gaze traced her pale, lifeless form on the hospital bed. The machine at her bedside beeped in the silence, the tubes connected to the different parts of her body. They were in the same room with only a small distance between them– but slowly, he could feel her slipping away from his fingers.

He was only a human. She was only a human. They were powerless against fate.

 

Seohyun weakly opened her eyes as she felt another presence in her room, “Kris?” she called. Kris couldn't clearly hear out her words as Seohyun's voice got a lot softer because of the oxygen mask she was wearing.

“Kris,” Seohyun ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter