Crossing Fates

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRKuoTC4HI

 

Three months later.

Kris was walking along an unfamiliar busy street in Gyeonggi-do. It was funny since he had so many transactions within South Korea all his life and yet he swore that he had never seen the place around him right now.

Nothing looked familiar to him.

He continued along the street until he finally reached an area that he was able to recognize. He was standing right in front of the entrance of an amusement park.

He suddenly remembered when Seohyun had planned to take him to that particular amusement park— a promise that was made a long time ago and hasn't been fulfilled yet. Before he could continue on his thoughts, he heard loud female voices coming towards his way.

 

“Yah, we've been coming to this amusement park like, every week,” Kris heard, most likely addressing one of her companions.

“I thought we’re looking for potential boyfriends, at first. But all you do is look and then, take pictures at the animals and the rides while in a trance. Are you nuts, Seohyun-ah?”

Kris instantly felt himself froze upon the mention of the name. Slowly, and fearfully, he turned his head towards the girls' direction.

“What are you saying? A boyfriend? Of course not! I really wanted to check out the animals and the rides in there. Didn’t I tell you guys before that I have always wanted to come here?”

 

At that moment, he was awed at how Seohyun was dressed-up nicely. She was wearing a white balsa top, pastel colored pants and matching sandals and bag. Her naturally long straight hair was styled with wavy ends and was unbound, free to fall on her back. 

“Yeah… And didn’t we tell you that you should be doing it with your boyfriend? Not with a bunch of girls that are single,” her friend lectured Seohyun as if it’s an important fact of life.

His mind was in a jumble. Kris couldn't stop staring at the person standing in front of him. Like they were meant to meet at this spot, at this time and in this way from the very beginning. Like this was the ending-station of the sequence of coincidence which originally drew him there.

‘Like it was a fated meeting. ’

 

Seohyun was about to open again to retaliate when she suddenly came face-to-face with a startled-looking tall man, standing in front of her.

They stared at each other for a while— both of them just looking right into each other's eyes.

One of Seohyun’s friends looked from the tall man then, to her, and then to him and back to Seohyun again.

 

“Do you know this hottie?” her friend finally asked.

It took a moment before Seohyun answered,

“No,” Seohyun whispered to her. She smiled at the man and then passed by him. Her friends followed her from behind.

“What a waste! And he was so hot, too…” he heard one of Seohyun’s friends said as they were walking away.

“Stop it, Min. All hot men that you see are always a waste,” Seohyun said with a girlish chuckle as she gently rubbed her friend's arm.

 

Kris slowly lowered his head, thoroughly crushed by her unrecognition. He knew he shouldn’t be. It was perfectly understandable why she would act that way. But it was just… too painful.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter