Exception

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjYrH9eT3c

 

It was uncommon for Seohyun to stare off into space.

“I will come back for your soul”

“I will come back for your soul”

Those words spun around and around her mind until she couldn’t think straight.

Kris. That guy’s name finally penetrated the shock barrier of her stunned mind. ‘Was that a joke? But those guys don’t look like they’re joking.’ Seohyun scratched her head to shake away her confused thoughts, ‘Aaah! I don’t know anymore!’ She continued to wipe the dust from the old and used streamers.

 “Seohyun?” A hesitant hand reached out lightly to pat on her shoulder and snapped her from her trance. Just as she was about to turn and look, a figure stood right next to her.

“Unnie,”

Tiffany gave Seohyun her usual eye-smile as she quickly placed the party plates and cups on the box.

“You, okay?” Without looking at her, she continued to pile the party plates. “I noticed that you were spacing out.”

Seohyun really couldn’t hide anything from the eagle eye of her friend, but at the moment, her nurse, Tiffany.

“Neh, unnie…” Seohyun called.

“Hm?”

“Angels…” She looked at Tiffany.

“Angels?”

“Do you believe in angels?” Seohyun asked her softly, leaning over towards Tiffany. Her eyes shone brightly as she pursed her lips and seemed to look through Tiffany’s soul.

No one had ever asked Tiffany that kind of question. “Yes,” she answered curtly. “In life, there are no easy answers and everything comes at a price. And Angels come in the form of help when everything else seems impossible”

Seohyun watched as her kind and cheerful unnie answered with sweet words while continuing her work. “Have you ever seen an angel?”

Tiffany looked at the innocent girl and smiled. She, then, nodded at her.

“Really? What does it look like?”

The older girl motioned Seohyun to come nearer to her and Seohyun obeyed. She leaned to her and whispered, “Siwon-oppa”

She stopped for a while and sighed. “Unnie, I’m being serious. How could your boyfriend be an angel? He’s a human.”

Tiffany looked at her, “I am also serious, Seohyunnie~”

Seohyun pondered on her words which amused Tiffany because on how Seohyun could easily get confused. “You know, Seohyun. Angels are not just celestial beings like from what you’ve read in books.”

Seohyun still wondered what she meant by that. “How about you? Do you believe in angels?” Tiffany stared back at her.

She gave her a small smile and nodded her head, “I do, too.”

Seohyun picked up the box containing the decors for the party on Thursday when she staggered a little and a headache. The headache that pounded on the edge of her brain and made her want to close her eyes. She pressed her fingers to her temple now, trying in vain to force the headache to leave.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Oh… just… uhmm… my head. A headache,” Seohyun mumbled as she held her hands to his head to put pressure on the pain.

“I should call Dr. Choi” Tiffany motioned towards the door when Seohyun darted her hand to hold her wrist.

“I’ll be fine,” she replied.

Tiffany looked at the girl worriedly. She knew how Seohyun never wanted to worry anyone. Maybe, she’ll just report this to the doctor and pretend to turn a blind eye in front of her.

“You should go back to your room and rest.”

“Huh? But, there are still a lot to do on these stuffs” Seohyun pointed on the dusty streamers.

“You’ve done more than enough,” Finality was evident on her tone. But seeing Seohyun’s still anxious look, “Don’t worry nurse Han and nurse Park are heading here anyways. So, just go and rest.”

“Is that so?”

Though a little hesitant, Seohyun ended up leaving the storage room. It was only the afternoon but Seohyun climbed the stairs back to her own room and crawled straight into her bed. She pulled down the covers and slid underneath them, moving around until she found a comfortable position. She held her hands again to her head in order to put pressure on the pain in attempt to subside it. Then, her eyes fluttered shut.

 

=============================

 

“Seohyun? Honey?”

Seohyun woke up to a figure hovering over her. She adjusted her vision and realized that it was her mother. “Hmm?” she groggily asked.

“Seohyun, its time for your dinner” the girl turned to look at her window and saw that it was already dark outside.

A hand on her forehead returned her attention to her mom. “Is there any part that hurts?”

“Oh, I just had a headache. So, I just want to sleep it off,” she answered softly.

“Okay, if that’ll make you feel better. I need to go, too. My work in the company requires me to stay overnight.” Her mom paused and stared at her daughter, “Are you going to be okay by yourself?”

Seohyun smiled as she reassured her mom.

“I brought a soup on the tumbler and sandwiches in case you’ll get hungry.” The ringing of her phone interrupted the two. “I love you, honey” She leaned down and kissed Seohyun’s forehead. Seohyun mumbled a soft ‘

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter