She's just a girl

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just to let you know in advance, uhmm... I'm not familiar on how Chinese address each other, on their older brothers, mothers or whatsoever. And I won't pretend that I actually know how it goes so, I'm simply using hyung or any Korean 'usual' calls that I'm getting used to, whenever Kris and Tao will have convos, okay? Thanks for understanding :D

---------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPJBe5eWbQc

 

‘I have never feared death once.’

‘When I was younger, the nun who took care of me asked me to value life. I didn’t understand. Why would I value life when I was given a gift to take away another’s life? So, despite the nun's words, I am proudly working as an assassin. And now that I have graduated, I am a fully pledged Collector.’

“Hyung!” Tao, his brother though not by blood, burst into his office,

“The clock started to move!” he announced frantically.

Kris simply stood from his chair and walked towards the window. ‘Yes, the tomb clock. Once it started moving… very soon, somewhere, someone will die. And I will start my second job.’

‘My job was to reclaim the souls of people who were nearing their death. We don’t have any use for corpses from which the souls already left. We stole the souls while the people were still alive. I was given the gift with the kiss of death. With my kiss, people die and they won’t be able to open their eyes ever again.’

“Hyung, why are you still standing there? This is your first job after graduating. You know the process, right? So, you should be moving right now!”

“Calm down, will you, Tao?” Kris broke his trance as he fixed his white polo shirt. He went to the coat rack, “Its just erasing another person’s life.”

He took a black coat and wore it. He immediately flew off passing one building to the other. 

“Hyung!” The younger man called from behind. When he was finally able to catch up, “Hyung, can't you at least give me a signal if you're going to take off?”

Kris simply shrugged off his whining.  “So, whose life is it?” he finally asked.

Tao looked up from his clipboard, “Its a girl, hyung. Her name is Seo Juhyun.”

After hours of flying, Tao went for an abrupt stop. Kris followed and looked at the white building before him.

“Is she in that hospital?” Kris pointed at the tallest hospital.

“Yes, apparently, she got into an accident and went in a coma for almost a year. She had woken up for a month now.” Tao continued to recite while looking on her profile.

“How long is she going to live?”

Tao took out the pocket watch which is connected to the girl's tomb clock,  “Judging from the fast ticking of the clock, an estimated of five days.”

==============================

Mrs. Seo came in bringing in fresh daisies.

“Great timing, umma! Were the pastries for the party this Thursday already settled?” Seohyun looked up from her checklist.

Her mother went to the girl and kissed her on the forehead, “It’s all done, honey” She immediately placed the flowers on the readied vase with water.

“Stop worrying too much. It won’t do any good to your body.”

“I just want to make sure that everything is going to be perfect for the children,” Seohyun smiled as she checked her notes.

Her mother looked at her child lovingly when a nurse came in and ushered her mother to come.

“Seohyun-ah, I will be talking to your doctor. So, be good okay?”

“Umma… I’m no longer a kid!” Seohyun pouted to her mother. Her mom, in return, laughed at her cute daughter’s actions. She will forever be her cute Juhyun.

As the door closes, Seohyun he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter