Time is ticking

THE COLLECTOR: Crossing Fates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchK0N_V8RM

 

“I can’t believe this.” Tao stood outside the building, wearing his winter outfit. With smug spread all over his face, he continued to complain as his hands were filled with lifting the small chairs.

“I can’t believe this.”

Dry wind blew blisteringly cold air across their freezing face. Kris his lips and slapped his brother’s shoulder and urged him to move forward.

“Hyung, I can’t believe that I’m doing this.”

“You’ve been saying that for almost an hour,” Kris remarked as he walked passed Tao since he was being a slowpoke.

“Hyung!” he walked beside him and gave him a glare.

“Why the hell am I even down here with you anyways?” he hissed furiously and placed the chairs on the snowy ground. Unconsciously, he snapped his fingers and stopped the time and the people for a moment for them to have a decent talk.

“First, you’re annoying the hell out of me. Second, you went into my room again this morning even when I told you not to do so,” Kris answered while assembling the tables.

“Third, you wasted half of my morning time just to watch out for non-existent ghosts outside the bathroom.” Tao scoffed and pouted childishly.

“Fourth,” Kris looked up and glared at the young guy, “you’re using your powers again without my consent.” Startled, Tao snapped his fingers back and everything went into motion again.

“Fifth, you’re just annoying the hell out of me.”

Tao spluttered indignently, “I really saw a woman at the mirror, believe me!”

Kris covered his smile with a choked cough.

“And besides, I wouldn’t be entering your room if only you didn’t take my clipboard with Seohyun-sshi’s information in it.”

The two were too engrossed on their conversation that they didn’t notice Seohyun approaching them from behind.

Running a hand through his hair, Tao continued as he decided to also arrange some chairs. “Speaking of… why are you even doing this, hyung? Shouldn’t you have collected her soul? Her time is ticking fast and that girl wouldn't live any longer than now.”

“Seohyun-unnie!!”

With wide eyes, they turned back and saw Seohyun standing a few feet from them, carrying a plate with her. It doesn’t take a genius to know that she had clearly heard their conversation.

“Unnie, did they like your mom’s sandwich?” Seohyun looked down at Lami.

Tao and Kris watched as Seohyun patted softly the little girl’s head.

“Not yet… Oppas were still talking,” she smiled then, turned to them. Only to see them, staring back.

“They’re looking in here. Maybe you could give it to them now.”

“Okay, I will give it to them, but go back inside first. It’s cold out here.” They watched as Seohyun pinched the little girl’s nose affectionately. Then, she turned to walk towards them.

“Have some sandwich,” Seohyun said with a big smile. “My mom took the time to make it for everyone.”

Tao, a little embarrassed from being heard for talking behind her back, took the courage to speak first.

“Look, I know you heard us talking about you,” Seohyun stared at him blankly. “I won’t say I’m sorry because its true! Your time is running out.”

Seohyun was shock to hear this revelation. She knew Kris was to collect her soul but she thought it was only in accordance to Kris’ preference as to whenever he likes to take her soul. She didn’t know that she was being timed.

“You’re supposed to be dead. You only have forty-ei—”

But before he could finish, Kris shove a piece of sandwich on Tao’s mouth.

“Stop talking and start working.” With that, Kris bent down to finish assembling the table.

Calming herself down, Seohyun closed her eyes for a while and exhaled. She then, bent down next to Tao and placed the plate beside him. Tao turned to her.

‘Did she not hear me? She’s supposed to be angry at me.’

When their eyes met, Seohyun smiled at him. “What’s your name?”

Tao raised an eyebrow at her. Kris looked towards their direction to see Seohyun grinning at Tao.

“What’s your name?”

“T-Tao?” Tao hesitantly answered.

Seohyun excitedly stood up and clapped her hands together. “Kids!”

Out of nowhere, a group of young boys gathered before the window. “This hyung volunteered to play with you!”

Shouts and screams filled the ground. “Yippee!”

With widened eyes, Tao yelped. “WHAT?!”

The young boys started to grab his hands and clothes at all sides. He was about to raise his hand to stop time again when Kris alerted him with his deathly glare.

In the end, Tao couldn’t say a word as he was being dragged by the kids back inside.

 

“You are really something aren’t you?” Kris commented as he finished forming the last table.

Slowly, Seohyun turned to him and let out a soft chuckle.

“Thank you. I’ll take that as a compliment,” she smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter