Apologized

Substitute Love

It was an awfully quiet ride to Ji Hyo’s house. Neither of them spoke since the argument they had. The last thing both of them spoke was Ji Hyo telling Jong Kook her address. Both of them managed to come to an agreement where Jong Kook will send Ji Hyo home with his car while leaving Ji Hyo’s car in the mall. On a normal day, Ji Hyo would have argued and fight her through this irrational request from this unreasonable stranger. However, as much as she did not want to admit, that man was right, she was not in any condition to drive today. Not only because she was weak and drowsy from the medicine, she was also exhausted after a long day. It would have been a painful drive home if she was alone.

Even though this stranger’s action was all creepy and illogical, Ji Hyo cannot help but to feel a little touched. She could not feel any ill intention from this stranger and the strange part was, she actually felt being safe with him. She felt so comfortable that at times during the ride she felt like dozing off due to the drowsiness from the medicine. Then again remembering the fact that it was still all weird and creepy as she did not know anything about him except him name, she tried to keep herself awake.

“If you are tired, just rest. I will wake you up once you are home.”

 “It’s fine. I’m alright.” Ji Hyo replied coldly.

“You are not. The drowsiness effect from the medicine is kicking in. Just rest, you will feel better.”

“How could you be so observant even when you are driving?!” Ji Hyo thought to herself but said nothing.

“Just trust me.” He assured.

“How could I trust you? I barely know you.” Ji Hyo blurted. That instant, the whole atmosphere became more awkward than ever. Somehow, that comment Ji Hyo made was a conversation killer. Both of them never spoke again till the destination and it was the most awkward ride home for Ji Hyo. In the end, Ji Hyo kept herself awake throughout the whole journey while Jong Kook was silently driving.

Arriving at Ji Hyo’s apartment, Ji Hyo insisted that she would go up to her apartment alone. When Ji Hyo got off the car, she thanked him for the ride home and everything he had done today. Before Jong Kook could say a word, she closed the door and walked off.

“Kim Jong Kook! What are you thinking?!” Jong Kook thought to himself as he slammed the dashboard of the car. “She is not Cheon Seong Im. What are you expecting?!”

Hearing that remark made by Ji Hyo just now, Jong Kook realized he had been irrational for the whole day. He waited for her in vague, bought her food, observed her the whole day and now trying to send her home after she repeatedly rejected the offer. He knew her for barely a day yet he could not help but to care for her as much as Seong Im. Both of them looked too alike and this was distracting him from the fact they are two different people. Despite the fact that he was hurt from her statement, she was right. Neither of them knew each other except for their name. Everything that he had done for the whole day was too bizarre. He had to apologize to her.

The next day, Ji Hyo went to the café slightly later than usual. She had informed Lizzy that she would be late as she was not driving. When she arrived at the cafe, she saw Lizzy talking to a familiar man at the corner of the café.

“Ji Hyo Unnie~~” Lizzy exclaimed and while skipping to the place where JiHyo is standing.

“Ji Hyo Unnie, that handsome man had been waiting for you since morning.” Lizzy whispered while pointing to that man. “Is he your new boyfriend?”

“No Lizzy, what are you thinking?!”Ji Hyo denied.

“I Just think he seems like a good catch Unnie. He seems so nice.” Lizzy chuckled. “Don’t let your happiness fly away Unnie, you are not young anymore.”

Ji Hyo shook her head. Sometimes she just doesn’t know how to react to this little girl’s words. They had been working together for the past few years and she treat her like a little sister she never had and this little sister sometimes drives her crazy. Ji Hyo walked up to the table where that man was sitting

“Kim Jong Kook-sii. You are looking for me?”

“Ji Hyo-sii...” Jong Kook replied. “Have a seat first.”

Ji Hyo pulled the chair and they sat facing each other. None of them talked and they were just silently looking at the cup in front of them. This awkward silence seems like 10 years when it was less than a minute. Ji Hyo who could not endure the awkwardness broke the silence.

 “Kim Jong Kook-sii, if you are not talking, I’m leaving.”

“Ji Hyo-sii. I just want to apologize.” Jong Kook spoke. “I’m sorry for my behavior last night and the night before, I reacted too rashly. Some bad incident happened and you kinda remind me of it.”

“So it’s my fault now?”

“No! I’m not trying to imply that. I’m just genuinely sorry for what I did. By any chance, I wish that I could make up for whatever I did. It was way out of the line.”

JI Hyo could feel the sincerity of this man. She knew that this man meant no harm at all. Even though she know what he did last night was way out of the line, but without him, she might had fainted in the café alone. She was actually thankful for Jong Kook’s action but she kept silent and blankly stared at him, trying to digest his apology.

“Ji Hyo-sii, are you alright? Are you unwell again?” Jong Kook asked with a concerned tone.

“Oh yes I’m fine.” Ji Hyo replied, recovering from her blank moments. “I was spacing out, sorry.”

“She is well, she just needs her dosage of coffee in the morning. If not she will be spacing out like this.” LIzzy interrupted their conversation as she placed a cup of coffee on the table. “Please don’t mind her action Jong Kook Oppa.”

“Yah! Don’t you have other work to do?!”Ji Hyo reprimanded Lizzy. “Aish, this girl is too friendly with anybody, since when they are close enough to call him Oppa.” Ji Hyo thought in her mind.

 “Yes Unnie, I will be by the counter now. Call me if you need anything.” Lizzy gave Ji Hyo a mischievous wink before she walked off; reminding her of the conversation they had earlier. 

“I apologize for the girl, she may come across as slightly rude but she was just being friendly.”

“I’m okay Ji Hyo-sii. I realized we apologized a lot to each other.” Jong Kook giggled.

“That’s because we barely known each other for less than a day. Hence the formalities and apologies.” Ji Hyo mentioned. “Aish, Song Ji Hyo! Why did you speak without thinking again?! He might feel offended.” Ji Hyo thought in her mind.

“Then, why not we get to know each other slightly better?” Jong Kook put out his hand, waiting for Ji Hyo to reciprocate his handshake.

Ji Hyo was slightly surprised by his action, but still responded to his handshake. “Sure, Jong Kook-sii. Hope to know you better.” 

---------

So sorry if this chapter was a little short and came of as a little boring. :/ The pace of my story is abit slow and im trying to pick it up. :/ Thank you for all your kind comments and subscribe and votes. :) WIll try to do my best on this fanfic!