The Obstacle

The Unexpected

After dressing themselves up nicely, Eric drove Hyesung to his parents' house. Hyesung was atonished at the sight of the house, scratch that, it was a mansion or was it a castle? Eric had to nudge Hyesung so that he would close his half-opened mouth before they entered. The interiors were so grand and sparkling that Hyesung wondered whether it was right to date Eric. Eric's parents were already waiting in the dining room. As the two entered, they warmly gave their greetings.

"Mum, dad, I want to formally introduce Hyesung, he is my boyfriend. I know it's hard to believe but please acept us." Eric said nervously while Hyesung gave a 90 degrees bow. 

"Let's have dinner first." Eric's father said calmly but his expression shown that he was startled by the news.

The dinner was smooth as they only chatted about general matters. As the dinner was coming to an end, Eric bravely brought up the topic.

"Mum, dad, I have a favour to ask. Minwoo has taken over the cafe and I want to get it back. You know it is the fruit of my hard work so I can't just let it gets taken away. I want to borrow some money from you, I promise I will pay back within a year. Please lend me the money."

Eric's father was about to give his permission but his mother had stopped him.

"I'm sorry, son. We will not lend you the money.You have to claim it back with your own power. As much as I know, you are jobless at the moment. If you want the money immediately, you have to break up with Hyesung or you have to find a stable job and work for six months. Then, we will give you the permission to date, and also the money to claim back your cafe. Take this as a test for your love. What are you going to choose, Eric?"

"I will not break up with Hyesung. I will definitely find a job. Please keep your promise when the six months are overed." Eric said firmly.

"We have never broke a promise, have we?" Eri's mother replied.

---------------

Eric had been running around for job interviews but strangely, he was always rejected. It had been two weeks since the meeting, time was running out on him but he couldn't even think of anywhere else to apply. He had practically put his applications in every possible recruitment. His phone suddenly rang, it was from Minwoo.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT? Isn't it entertaining for you to see me running around like a dog?" Eri shouted.

"Calm down and don't hang up. I want to offer you to work as my secretary. Don't you know that you will not be able to get a job no matter how hard you try? Even if you have that excellent resume?" Minwoo replied.

"What do you mean? It's just that they don't see my potential." Eric said while being confused by Minwoo's words.

"Come on, your mother is using her power to stop you from getting a job. I knew this would happen eversince the day she asked me about your realtionship with Hyesung. I think she was spying on you. So I predicted that she would forcefully close down your cafe to make you break up. Thus, I bought it before she does. She will not be able to close or damage it now because our families are business's partners. I'm sure she doesn't want to lose such a valuable bond." Minwoo explained.

"My mum even goes to this extent to split me and Hyesung?" Eric gasped, he just couldn't believe that his mother, his gentle mother would do such things. She even spied on us, she knew about us before the meeting. 

"So? Come to work tomorrow, yeah? Isn't it just for six months? After that, I will gladly hand everything back to you. Being a boss is bothersome, I can't spend much time with my Wannie." Minwoo whined.

"How come you know about the six months deal?" 

"I confessed everything to the others so they told me that you were searching for job as part of the deal with your mother. The guys were scary, especially Jun Jin, he almost murdered me."

"Thanks Minwoo, sorry for calling you a betrayer. I didn't know you thought so much for us." 

"It was fun to watch you raged at me. It was my fault for wanting to act like a villain. See you tomorrow." Minwoo hung up. Eri was still in a daze as he thought his mother would gladly accept Hyesung and him. Guess I have to prove to her that our love is real, just six more months.

--------------------

At a cafe

Hyesung was drinking his coffee while waiting for Eric's mother to arrive. She had called him this morning to meet in private. She seemed so nice to him at their first meeting so Hyesung reassured himself that it's nothing serious.

"Hello omoni." Hyesung bowed.

"Don't you dare call me that!" She retorted.

"What's the occasion that you want to meet me in private?" Hyesung asked politely.

"Let's me get this straight, I don't think my son is gay. He had been in relationships with many girls. I think he is just using you as an excuse to avoid blind dates. He doesn't love you so can you please leave him?"

"I'm sorry but I can't. I will never leave him, I had promised him that I'll protect our love. He loves me, I know that for sure." Hyesung stated firmly.

"You sure are stubborned. Don't you think you are making it hard for him? I'm sure he desperately wants his cafe back but don't you think you are in the way?"

"We will claim it back even though it will be slow. We are saving up bit by bit."

"How about you leave him for six months without contacting nor telling the reason? I'll give you the money for you to live during the six months. If he still loves you by then, I'll let you two be together. But I doubt it, my son can easily get over a relationship within three months." She smirked.

"I'll leave him if you keep your promise. I believe in our love, I believe in him!" Hyesung said unwaveringly with burning determination in his eyes.

"Then that's the deal. Six months without any forms of contact and you can't tell him before hand." Eric's mother said and she left the restaurant.

----------------------

"Eric-ah, can I sleep in your room tonight?" Hyesung asked shyly with blushed cheek which surprised Eric. They had never slept together because he was scared that Hyesung was not ready.

"Yeah, but are you sure? I might attack you." 

"Yup." Hyesung cutely replied as he brought his pillow into Eric's room. 

Tonight is the last time I can be in his room. I need to remember this, his scent, his room, his everything if I want to survive the next six months without him. Hyesung thought as the two became one that night.

The sun had risen, time of departure was drawing near, Hyesung was staring at Eric's beautiful sleeping face. He touched Eric's hair, cheek and lastly, lips for the last time. He placed a kiss as he burned the sweet memory of last night into his brain. Hyesung got up, dressed himself and left with his luggage. Nothing of his was left behind.

 

"I'm sorry but I have to leave, don't try to find me. I love you." The words still echoed in Eric's head as he read the note that Hyesung left on the table.

 

 

 

 

Sorry I didn't write because I find my skill is still lacking a lot. The next chapter is the final already. Hope you guys enjoy the story (so much drama, I know). I'll update the last chapter within 24 hours, please look forward to it :)