The Unknown Yet Known

The Unexpected

Right after he had read Hyesung's note, he immediately rushed out the house to look for Hyesung but he soon realised he had no idea of where to go. He didn't know anything about Hyesung's family nor his favourite places. Eric was at a loss as he just aimlessly wandered, occasionally, he would stop people that looked like Hyesung from the back but he couldn't find his beloved. He wandered through the night like a soulless person, his eyes were unfocus, staring blankly into the streets, the crowd to find that one and only person. His body was numb from the heartache, his mind was paralyzed, unable to comprehend why Hyesung left him. Is it because I am incompetent? Or everything was just a lie? Hyesung has always been a mysterious person with many secrets but I love him for being mysterious. Could it be that Hyesung was just playing with me? Why did he leave me after our night together? I don't know anything about him but his name and our memories, how am I supposed to find him in millions of people?

The morning came, Eric returned to the cafe without any clues on Hyesung's whereabout. The others were extremely worried for him as they saw his condition. They told him to stay sane, levelheaded and keep himself together instead of break down. They told him to believe in Hyesung, to have faith that he will return but everything seemed impossible to Eric. 

As time passed by, Eric learned to survive by emptying himself, living, breathing yet he was not exactly living. He was just a hollow shell, nothing could fill the emptiness in his heart, it was like a blackhole that couldn't be filled. His heart was still yearning for Hyesung, he couldn't forget the little times they had together, the memories. Everything was on replay in his head, whether he was awake or asleep.

---------------------------

After he had left the cafe, Hyesung boarded tthe plane to Jeju Island, he wanted to go as far away as possible so he won't be able to crawl his way back when he get drunk. On the plane, his tears kept on falling even though he had already drifted into sleep. As soon as the plane landed, he catched a taxi to the nearest beach with the hope that it would ease his heart. The waves were rather high and aggressive that day which made Hyesung feel like the whole world is against him, forbid him to be with his love. Could those strong waves imply that our love will be erased just like the writing on the sand? Hyesung took out his phone, expecting a text but once again, he realised that he had change his phone and number. He even deleted his number from Eric's phone. He had deactivated his Facebook and other social accounts. He could only visit Eric's homepage which was filled with anger. He must be going crazy right now since I only left a note.

Time passed by, Hyesung missed Eric more and more, sometimes, he dreamt of flying back to Eric's side but he couldn't. He must bear this until the very end to prove that their love is indestructible. Everyday, Hyesung checked Eric's homepage to see how Eric is coping. During the first week, Eric posted every hour to show his anger, his hate, his depression and he begged Hyesung to come back. The second week, Eric only posted once everyday but each post was long and detailed about their memories. However, after the first month, the posts had lessen dramatically which worried Hyesung about Eric's well-being. During the third month, Eric posted pictures of him with a girl with a caption: "Best day ever! <3" Hyesung had a mental breakdown as he stared at the pictures, Eric even had his arm around the girl's shoulder. Could it be that Eric's mother was right? That Eric can move on after three months? How could he do this to me? How can he easily forget about our love? How can he be so happy when I am agonizing over him? I am missing him so much that I think I can die but he can meet girls already! That night, Hyesung drank till he had passed out, he wanted to forget everything about the man named Eric and his love for that man.

People say time flies by but to Hyesung, it was eternity in hell, mentally tortured by longingness and resentment but he still loves Eric. He couldn't deny that no matter how much he hates the guy, he still loves him. I am insane, I am broken aren't I? How can I still love him so much when possibly, he has already forgot about me?

The six months were finally overed. Hyesung found himself walking on the very same road that he had walked many times, the road to the cafe. However, Hyesung wasn't expecting a heartwarming reunion, he was preparing himself to congratulate Eric. As he entered the cafe, all the guys were jumping on him, hugging and showering him with kisses. I miss their brotherly love so much! He thought as he glanced around, Eric was nowhere in sight. The guys walked him to a table near the window.

"Do you want anything?" Dongwan asked as it was his habit.

"Give me a cappucino and time alone." Hyesung replied half-heartedly.

All the guys had left to give him his space. Eric must be on a date with his girlfriend right now. Why did I hope to actually meet him? Isn't it better this way? Letting himself drowned in deep thoughts, Hyesung didn't realise that it was dark already, all the customers had left. Suddenly, something outside catched his eyes. A heart out of glowing candles, in the middle "I love you, Hyesung" was brightly shined and there was a familiar figure standing inside the heart. Hyesung's heart beated faster and faster as he ran out the cafe, toward the familiar figure. He hugged the man as his tears broke out. Finally, the two of them had met again.

"I missed you so much!" Eric said to Hyesung as he hugged the guy tightly.

"I missed you so much more! Do you know how much it hurts me to see the photos of you and another girl? I thought you were overed me already." Hyesung cried loudly.

"I thought if you look at my homepage and see that, you would be jealous and return to my side."

"I couldn't, I had a deal with your mother."

"I know, she told me a month ago because she couldn't bear to see a lifeless me anymore. That's why I know you will return today. I had been counting everyday."

"So we can date all we want now?"

"Of course! But during the time you were gone, I realised that I don't know much about you, nothing!" Eric said sadly.

"You'll get to know more from now on." Hyesung smile while wiping his tears.

"So why were you kicked out of your house? And the bandage, why was your chest bandaged? It led me to a wrong conclusion you know."

"I was kicked out of the house because my parents found out that I was gay. They were ashamed of me and they said they rather not have a son like me. About the bandage, a customer spilled hot coffee on my chest so I had a burn. That's why I had to bandage it."

"Ahhh.. how about..." Eric couldn't finish his question as Hyesung kissed him passionately. Eric could feel Hyesung's desire because he also wanted the same. They had been separated for so long that their love grew much stronger and much more uncontrollable.

-------------------------

Hyesung's phone rang, it was his parents. Eric and he knew that another storm is coming but everything will be fine. In the unknown future that they are heading toward, the is one certainty, one known factor, they will always have each other.

 

 

 

 

Finally, it's overed. Thank you for all the support from views, comments and subscribes. I especially thanks hyuu_hikari for actively commenting. I will not write another story until mid-November because exams are coming. Can you guys guess how old I am? ;p