The First Day

The Unexpected

"You're....." The older man exclaimed, his eyes opened wider, showing a totally shocked expression. The younger man nodded in confusion as he couldn't comprehend the reason for the older man to be so shocked. He thought the other knew all along eversince the first day. Everything started on that very first day.

 

*********

It was a delightful, cozy, rainy day that made people feel like sitting down, letting time casually pass by with a sip of warm coffee. However, our main character has hostility toward the rain, not only that it ruined his precious, beautiful hair, it's just happened to pour down when he was kicked out of the house by his own parents.After walking for a while, he had realised that wandering around aimlessly with his luggage was helpless so he had decided to enter a cafe. At least it would keep the irrating rain away from ruining his hair any further.

Upon his entrance, a waiter instantly greeted him with a photogenic smile while asking for his order. Eventhough the guy was quite short, he must admit that guy is so handsome with his muscular body. After he had placed his order, he took a good look around the cafe. The light was dim and gave a somewhat calming aura while the whole cafe is filled with bitter but tempting smell of coffee. There was a special heart-warming feeling that this place has which made his heart feel at peace, forgeting his problems for a split-second, a feeling that he had never ever felt at any other cafe. The cafe was quite full of customers as people were enjoying their cozy afternoon, not to mention the workers were absolutely handsome which female customers threw glances at them from time to time. Suddenly, his eyes landed on a recruitment advertisement near the counter.

"Yes, this is exactly what I need right now, a job that offers accomodation." He thought while grinning happily as the waiter approached him with his coffee.

"Excuse me, um..., I want to apply for the recruitment..."

"Just wait a second, I'll get the boss. I bet you'll be hired straight away." Before  he could even finish the sentence, the waiter had already replied. He even winked with a big smile on his face to our frowned character.

After a few minutes, the waiter came back back with a tall, charismatic man. Instantly, our main character stood up, bowed and and introduced himself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Shin Hyesung."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Mun Eric, the owner of this cafe." The tall man nodded and greeted back in a cold voice, giving Hyesung goose bumps all over his body. As they proceeded to sit down, the waiter left them to take orders from customers.

"Can you show me your resume?" Eric asked.

"Sorry, I don't have it here at the moment." Hyesung said fluttered as he didn't think of it.

"So why do you want to work at our cafe?" Eric irrated voice started to scare Hyesung.

"Um, well, my situation is a bit complicated and desperate since I don't have a place to sleep right now so I really need a job that offers accommodation, I promise I would try my best, please hire me." Hyesung said  with teary eyes and a despaired tone. He was willing to go down on his knees if Eric demand. He could feel the cold stare that about to destroy his nerves, giving him a mental breakdown. Eric was looking at him from head to toe, probably thinking what kind of beggar just barge in and ask for a job. Hyesung regretted it for acting on impulse without any preparations, he should at least have a resume. 

"Okay, you can move in tonight and start working tomorrow." Hyesung was taken by surprise that he almost couldn't hold his expression. In his head, he was screaming and doing is strange celebratory dance, the crab dance but at this moment, he needed to keep himself together.

"Thank you so much, I will work hard." He bowed at Eric.

"Just stay here till the business hour is overed, Minwoo will show you the place. I need to go back to work now." Like that, he cooly walked off.

Hyesung sat there, enjoyed his coffee, observed the cafe some more while wishing time could pass quicker. Finally, the last customer had left as a man turned the sign from open to close. That very same man walked toward Hyesung while smiling gently.

"Hey newbie, I'm Minwoo, the secretary. Come with me, I will show you your room." He said as he patted Hyesung's shoulder.

 

Hyesung's POV

While following Minwoo, I must admit that he is so short but somehow, it doesn't seem out of proportion, it's just like his own special charm. We are now at the entrance of the house at the back of the cafe. 

"Isn't it too small for six people to live in?" I blurt out in confusion at the first glance of the house.

"Oh no, it's only you, Eric and Jun Jin that live here. The rest of us live at our own home but sometimes we would have a sleepover." Minwoo chuckled at the idea of sleeping over.

After getting my room, I start to unpack my things with Minwoo's help.

"Where's Eric and Jun Jin? Haven't they finished their work?" I ask Minwoo curiously as the cafe was closed ages ago.

"They probably go shopping for groceries because we are having a welcoming party tonight. It's been a long time since we had one you know." Minwoo said excitedly.

Eric goes shopping for groceries? I really can't imagine that he coud buy anything with that cold attitude of his.

"Rest well, I'll be back after buying a few drinks for tonight. Look forward to it yeah?" Minwoo said as he leaves the room.

"See you soon." I said.

I am totally looking forward to get to know the rest of the guys, excluding Eric obviously. There was a cute guy that captivated my eyes but I should be careful with my preference. I don't want to lose my job yet, not when I haven't even started.

 

 

Tah Dah, first chapter's done. I'm sure it's quite bland and boring but please bear with it. Hope I can get ideas to improve it from comments. :)