The Date

The Unexpected

Eric could see Hyesung's chest was wrapped in bandage, judging from the position of the bandage at the back. So he is a girl afterall. Eric felt somewhat relieved. Awkwardly, Eric closed the bathroom door after giving his apology.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I thought it was Jun Jin that entered. I'll leave now." His heart was beating so fast that it seemed like it could jump out of his chest. Keep calm, Eric, keep calm.

-----------------

"Can you take this afternoon off? I need you to go somewhere with me." Eric asked Hyesung.

"Okay. You're the boss afterall."

The two were quietly walking side by side in the park. The cold autumn breeze caused the yellow, orange and red leaves rushing against each other, cascading into one another, creating a rustle of leaves as they fell down. It was such a magnificient view but the the park was empty as most people found it too bleak to go out. A stinging crisp wind blown by as if it was about to pierce through anything, Hyesung shivered since he was lightly dressed.

"Keep this on." Eric said as he placed his jacket on Hyesung's shoulder.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Hyesung questioned with a worried look.

"I'm fine. I dressed warmly as I knew it's going to be cold." Eric replied. Then, everything fell into silience. There were only the sound o their footsteps against the path, the howling of the wind and the sound flocks of birds returning to their nests. Both of them felt like they could hear their own heart beating loudly.

It was indeed freezing cold but Eric's palms were sweaty. He couldn't say a word nor decide on whether to hold Hyesung's hand or not. He was way more nervous than the time he had to present his proposal to open the cafe. As for Hyesung,he felt stiff and confused to why Eric took him out for a walk. It was not like he has any obligation against the walk but he was just wondering why is Eric doing this to him. A few minutes had passed by, yet, for the two of them, it felt like eternity. After taking a deep breath, Eric had mustered all his courage to speak. He falteringly slid his fingers between Hyesung's which caused the other to jerk up.

"Hyesung-ah, I like you, not as a brother but a lover. Will you accept my feelings?" Eric asked in an earnest voice while looking deeply into Hyesung's eyes.

Hyesung was struck by awe and disbelief. Is Eric pulling a prank on me? Or is this one of my dreams again? He pinched himself to confirm that he was not dreaming, that this was not his delusion, the pain was convincing enough.

"Eric-ah, to tell the truth, I've been keeping my feelings for you bottled up. I was scared that you would be hurt by my love. Of course I will accept your feelings." Hyesung said heartily while tightening his grip on Eric's hand.

Once again, the silience fell upon them but it was no longer the awkward, nerve-wrecking silience. It was a mutual love that no words could describe how they feel, but they understood each other's sincerity completely whithout any words. They were overjoyed that they couldn't stop grinning and smiling like a pair of idiots.

"Since we're here, can I play on the swing? It's been a long time." Hyesung suggested.

"Sure thing." Eric replied, in his eyes, all he could see was Hyesung's smile. Hyesung was the apple of his eyes. As Hyesung rocked back and forth on the swing, the scene reminded Eric of a flying angel. Hyesung was so beautiful and radiant as he swung higher into the sky, like a bird about to take its flight. If his hair was longer, it would have been perfect. Eric pushed Hyesung so he could reach higher, Hyesung laughed joyously. To Eric, his laughter was a delightful melody.

As the sun began to set, the two of them walked back, hand-in-hand with contented smiles. Eric asked Hyesung to stay outside of his room so he could prepare something. After a while, covering Hyesung's eyes, Eric's guided Hyesung into his room. As soon as Hyesung opened his eyes, he could see multiple-coloured glowsticks in a heartshape, he was so touched. They looked at each other as they drew closer, their face was millimetres away that they could feel each other's breath. Eric gently placed his lips on Hyesung's, lightly bit the other's lower lip for permission to enter. Hyesung parted his lips, letting Eric entered his cavern. The two were kissing passionately as they could feel how much they yearn and long for each other. Eric hands slid under Hyesung's shirt but there was something unexpected. Suddenly, he pushed Hyesung away while his face was so plain shocked.

"You're.... a man?" Eric exclaimed, his eyes opened wider.

Hyesung nodded in confusion as he couldn't comprehend the reason for Eric to be so shocked. He thought Eric knows and it was obvious that Hyesung is a man.

Without saying another word, Eric stormed out of the room and dialed Jun Jin's number, leaving an overwhelmed Hyesung.

 

 

Here we go, Hyesung's secret is out of the bag. Originally, I was planning for 7 chapters but a new idea popped up so I'm thinking of extending it. Please comment to let me know whether you want it to extend or just end it as it is. Thanks a lot for the views (reached 500, yay!), comments and subscribes.