The Party

The Unexpected

Suddenly hearing footsteps, Hyesung got up from his sleep and out of his room to see Eric and another man at the doorway, must be Jun Jin he thought.

"Hey there, you must be the newbie Hyesungie, I'm Jun Jin." The guy said cheerfully. Hyesung nodded at his introduction with a smie. He liked Jun Jin's bright aura and the nickname even though they had just met. 

"Need a hand?" Hyesung asked though he already grabbed some shopping bags from Jun Jin without his reply. The two seemed to forget about the presence of the raging owner, Eric. Fortunately, just as Eric was about to explode and venge his anger at the two, Minwoo and the other two popped in with packs of soju. 

"I'm Hyesung, the new worker, please to meet you all." Hyesung introduced himself to everyone.

"I'm Dongwan, as you already know, I'm the waiter."

"I'm Andy, the one and only barrista of this cafe." So his name was Andy, the cute guy that captivated my eyes this afternoon. Hyesung thought.

"Let's get cooking guys, I'm starving." Minwoo pouted to hurry the rest of them into the kitchen.

Dongwan and Andy, the best chiefs in the house according to the rest of them, were in charge of the menu whereas the rest of them were just assistants. Andy quickly chopped the vegetables like a professional as all the pieces are so even. Dongwan was great at matching up ingredients to create a completely new fusion. After two hours, the table was setted with eye-catching dishes. The whelk noodles, grilled abalone, japchae and barley rice were made by Dongwan, the spicy crab, kimbap and tteokbokki were made by Andy. Just the delicious smell alone could literally make one faint in happiness. As the six gathered around the table while admiring the food, Minwoo handed a bottle of soju to each.

"Let's cheer for our new worker, Shin Hyesung. One shot." Eric shouted in a loud voice and held his glass up.

"One shot!" The rest responded. They all put their glasses on their head to prove that they had completed their one-shot.

Time flew by as the majority of them became too drunk to even sit properly. The heat of the party had died down, Dongwan, Andy, Eric and Minwoo passed out on the floor, leaving soju bottles rolling everywhere. However, Hyesung and Jun Jin seemed to be quite sober. Hyesung didn't drink a lot since he knows his own limit but Jun Jin was amazingly still clear-headed even though he had finished nine bottles. Hyesung sighed at the messy scene and started to drag the guys to the clean corner of the living room. Jun Jin looked at Hyesung putting blankets over the others with an evil grin while carrying Andy to the corner.

"You seem to have a strong maternal instinct, the way you look after them is just like a mother. Are you sure you are not girl? You can even pass as one you know." Jun Jin teasingly said but to his surprise, Hyesung's face turned red.

"What are you talking about? I, um.., I just... just don't want them to catch a cold.. They are vul...vulnerable at the moment." Hyesung stuttered. Seeing the dubious reaction, Jun Jin sensed that Hyesung is hiding something so he continued his tease.

"I know what you're hiding." Jun Jin suddenly hugged Hyesung which made the guy jumped.

"Please, can you keep it a secret from everyone else? I'm begging you." Hyesung pleaded to Jun Jin, he looked like he was about to cry his heart out which made Jun Jin feel guilty.

"Sure but with one condition. You'll be my mama bird and you have to take care of me." Jun Jin demanded. Hyesung is so interesting to tease around. Jun Jin thought.

"Okay, please keep it a secret." Hyesung agreed to the condition without any hesitations.

"Can you tell me who you like because I'm sure you have feeling for one of us." Jun Jin abruptly asked. Bewildered by how much Jun Jin saw through him, Hyesung cursed at himself for being such an open book.

"I have a bit of feeling for Andy since I saw him working this afternoon. He's just so cute with his bright, joyful appearance." He shyly answered.

"Yah! He's mine, alright?" Jun Jin shouted which blasted Hyesung's eardrums.

"Really? I didn't know you two are in that kind of relationship!" Hyesung exclaimed.

"We are dating secretly because we are not sure if the others, especially Eric, will accept us. You better keep your mouth shut or else your own secret will be spilled. Got it?" Jun Jin replied in a threatening voice.

"Don't worry about it, I won't snatch him away from you nor spill a word. I'm totally cheering for you guys since you two seem to be cut out just for each other." Hyesung said with a reassuring smile.

Jun Jin nodded and the two began to clean up the mess that they created. While cleaning, Jun Jin told Hyesung about his past though he is not the type that open to anyone. He just found Hyesung trustworthy, just like a mother. Apparently, Jun Jin had lost his parents in a car accident when he was in high school. None of relatives were willing to take him in because he was a trouble maker, he was the gang leader of his school. He dropped out of school to seek for a job, that was when Eric offered him to work here.

"Oh, so you are younger than me by three years. I couldn't tell from your appearance. I thought we were the same age." Hyesung said in amazement.

"I guess working at young age makes me seem to be more matured." Jun Jin laughed.

Finally, it was the time to sleep as they had finished cleaning. Their bodies were aching and demanding for a rest. After all, tomorrow will be a long day for Hyesung.

 

 

Here's the second chapter, hope you enjoy it :) I appreciate all the views, comments and subcribes. The food was from ShinBang and Happy Together.

P/S Itatic words are innerthoughts.