The Blind Dates

The Unexpected

The morning after a wild night with alcohol was always the worst, Eric had woken up with a headache, still wondered how he ended up sleeping at the corner when his phone vibrated. The others had left to work already, with eyes half opened, he read the text message from his mother.

[From: Mum <3

How are you doing son? I know you're taking your time but I can't wait any longer. I want grandchildren, this year! You know that I'm growing old, so are you. I had setted up a few blind dates for you already, they're beautiful, well-educated and from good families. You better turn up or else that cafe of your will close down. Understand? Love you son. Hope your dates go well, i'm expecting good results...]

While scrolling down to see the detaills of the blind dates, Eric cursed in his mind about his doomed life. Damn it! There're five dates today, mum is really desperate isn't she? These dates are the best when it's come to irrations and annoyances. FML!!!! Eric had always tried to avoid these dates but now that his cafe is at stake, his couldn't be careless nor act recklessly. His was still thinking of solution while he was getting ready for work. The cold water that he used to wash his face didn't seem to cool down his overheated head. As he entered the cafe, the rest were already working and preparing for the morning rush. As usual, Andy was crushing coffee and making everyone morning coffees so they could all stay awake. Jun Jin was baking a few cakes while Minwoo was reading newspaper with some toasts by his side. Eric glanced over the customers area to see Dongwan and Hyesung cleaning the tables and setting up the chairs. All of a sudden,  an idea popped up in his mind. Daebak, this is the best solution I've ever thought of. Eric grinned while grabbing his coffee from Andy as his day turned brighter a little.

"Come with me." Eric said as he dragged Hyesung to his office while the other was having his morning break.

"Hyesung and I will not be here for the day. You guys take care of everything for me. Okay? I trust you." He said to the other guys that happened to be in his way. 

"What is up with Eric?" Minwoo wondered, just as confused as the rest.

"Must be that again, no wonder he was so upset and frustrated this morning." Andy replied.

"Huh? What's that?" Dongwan asked while Minwoo and Jun Jin seemed to understand.

"You know, blind dates that Eric's mother sets up once in a while." Andy answered.

 

 

Hyesung was sitting in Eric's office, confused by the other's serious face. Did I do something wrong? Am I going to be fired? Hyesung hopelessly let his thoughts wondered.

"Listen carefully, can you do me a favour?" Eric asked. Hyesung nodded as he gulped nervously.

"I'm supposed to attend five blind dates today, thanks to my mother, but the thing is I hate it. The first one is just an hour away. That's why I need you to help me out. Can you come with me and act as my boyfriend?" Eric said seriously though Hyesung thought the idea was insane.

"No way! Can't you just not attend or just shake them off? And why does it have to be me?" Hyesung protested.

"If I don't turn up, my mother will close the cafe. The girls that my mother picked are always persistent. I didn't pick the other guys because they don't seem to fit the role. I don't mean to offend you but you look the most feminine. Come on, you don't want the cafe to close, do you? You are depending on it too." Eric was damn right, Hyesung didn't want the cafe to close.

"Okay, just this once." Letting out a long sigh, Hyesung nodded.

"Thank you so much Hyesung-ah." Eric was overjoyed with Hyesung's agreement.

 

An hour later, at a fancy restaurant.

A beautiful woman was sitting at a reserved table, Eric walked toward her and introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Eric. You must be my date?" He asked as he proceeded to sit down.

"Yes, I'm Yuri. Nice to meet you." The woman replied shyly.

Out of the blue, Hyesung walked in with an angry, overly jealous expression and shouted.

"Yah, Eric, what are you doing behind my back? Am I not enough for you?

"Calm down, honey, my mother setted this up." Eric said while giving Hyesung an apologetic smile.

"Jerk. You're gay? Lucky I didn't go any further." Yuri stormed out the restaurant.

As soon as she was no longer in sight, Eric and Hyesung cracked up laughing like they had lost their mind. The other three dates were the same, they all stormed out the restaurant without looking back once. However, the last one wasn't as easy. Even though Hyesung acted the same as before, the woman didn't seem to be convinced.

"I don't believe you. You have to prove it, it is not enough to just randomly claim that he is your. Even I can do that." She smirked.

Hyesung was clueless of what to do but Eric swiftly bear hugged him. Not only a hug, Eric even gave Hyesung a peck on the cheek which made Hyesung blushed crazily.

"Hajima, don't do that in front of others. I'm so embarrassed." Hyesung shyly pushed Eric away. The woman was stunned with her jaw dropped. She quietly took her bag and left the restaurant.

"Why did you do that?" Hyesung screamed at Eric as soon as the woman left although deep within his heart, he was happy.

"She wouldn't leave if we didn't show some intimacy to convince her." Eric shrugged.

"But you didn't have to kiss me." Hyesung hissed.

"It looked more believable and it's only on the cheek. Sometimes I kiss the guys that way and they seem to be fine with it."

"Oh well, it's over. Can we go home now?" Hyesung asked.

"Yeah, thank you again. I mean it." Eric's sincerity made Hyesung's heart skipped a beat.

 

 

"Welcome home. How were the dates?" Jun Jin welcomed them.

"Thanks to Hyesung's cooperation, I don't think I will have anymore dates for a while. I will sleep now since the hangover still lingers, don't bother me." Eric said as he walked to his room.

"Jin-ah, can I talk to you in your room?" Hyesung whispered to Jun Jin.

"Sure thing, mabird."

After they had entered the room, Hyesung felt like a lump is blocking his airway, he couldn't say a word.

"Um, so what did you want to talk about?" Jun Jin broke the tensed silence.

"How do I say this, um, I think, argh, it's so embarrassing..." hyesung bllushed as he couldn't bring up the topic.

"I promise I won't laugh or judge you."

"I think I have feelings for Eric."

"YOU WHAT???? Daebak!!! But how?" Jun Jin exclaimed.

"Shhh.. Quiet down won't you? I was just acting as his boyfriend today but his peck made my heart fluttered. He was so manly and all sparkling, you know, those moments."

"I see and don't worry about that guy, he sleeps like a dead body. I'm rooting for you." Jun Jin said cheerfully.

"But will he feel the same? After all, he doesn't even know that...." Hyesung said worriedly.

"I'll try my best to match you two."

"Thanks Jinnie." Hyesung smiled.

Jun Jin hugged Hyesung tightly to encourage the guy.

--------

"Let's break up." The firm voice was echoing in the other's ears.

 

 

 

This chapter seems rushed but it's because I don't know how to describe everything in details TT.TT So sorry for that but hope you enjoy it.