SEHUN - or how to adapt

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning
SeHun couldn't believe his eyes. He was overwhelmed, almost euphoric. Wufan, his brother, was here, and alive, and well, and everything was wonderful. 
 
The two of them had spent the day in JongDae and Zitao's room to catch up on the last month they had been separated. It felt so good to be with Wufan again, yet SeHun couldn't explain the lump stuck in his throat when he talked to his brother. 
Wufan had struggled a lot more than him. Not being able to bury their parents, sacrificing himself to save his baby brother and praying for his safety and then searching for him whilst running and hiding from hunters, with no time to rest and no one to help him. 
SeHun noticed that Wufan's clothes were different from the ones he was wearing when they separated, but preferred not to ask about it.
 
Wufan wasn't cold-blooded, he was just serious and focused, ready to do anything for his family. Anything.
SeHun had stolen and gotten on the Ariadne clandestinely, but Wufan had already killed to protect his little brother, and more than once.
 
SeHun hated the world for turning Wufan into a murderer in the eyes of the society.
 
Yet SeHun felt he reached the most difficult part of the conversation when he came to LuHan. He had to tell Wufan, SeHun wanted to, but he was afraid of how his brother might react.
And he was right to be as Wufan's long silences were never a good sign.
 
"I see," was Wufan's slow response and SeHun braised himself for the eventual screaming that would come after the long pause, but it never came.
 
"Wufan?"
 
SeHun wondered if his brother had heard him at all. He looked at Wufan, who seemed to be processing the information. And just when SeHun thought his brother had frozen like Zitao's computer screen when he was having a video conversation with his family, Wufan stood up from the bed and walked calmly into the elevator, then down the hall. 
SeHun followed.
 
"LuHan," Wufan called as soon as he entered the kitchen and nine pairs of eyes turned in unison towards the two Therianthropes.
 
Wow, SeHun thought. He didn't realize they were so many and obviously the Ariadne wasn't built to have eleven people aboard, but everybody was curious about what was going to happen, so they had all gathered in the kitchen, which now seemed smaller than even Baekhyun's.
 
"Yes," LuHan jumped as he answered and stood up awkwardly.
 
SeHun had never seen LuHan so unsure and he had to admit it was kind of fun to watch the captain lose his ways (maybe even a tad y).
 
The thought didn't last long as Wufan's orbs turned red with anger.
 
"How dare you! Taking advantage of my little brother!" He grabbed LuHan's shirt so fast SeHun couldn't stop him, but he did protest, telling his brother to let go. "Don't you know how young he is?! He's underage for 's sake!" Wufan eventually let go of LuHan, rather violently. "You criminal!"
 
Obviously everyone was torn between stopping this (one-sided) fight and looking at it some more. It was definitely new and quite amusing for some.
 
"Wufan," SeHun was the only one who did something about it. "You can't blame LuHan, it takes two to be in a relationship-"
 
"Relationship?!" Wufan almost choked. "This is not- Don't call it that! You don't-"
 
"Plus," SeHun was angry too now. "I'm the one who kissed LuHan first."
 
SeHun had said that quite proudly and it shut Wufan up as his orbs dyed from an angry scarlet red to a confused mercury grey. 
JongDae found it very necessary to whistle at that last statement and this time LuHan's cheeks went from milky white to a beautiful cherry blossom pink and Yixing laughed, quickly joined by JongDae.
 
Wufan gave them a hard look but the two completely ignored him. SeHun knew this was very unusual for his brother and wondered how he would adapt to the situation. If Wufan even tried to understand at all.
 
"You don't know what you're doing," Wufan turned to SeHun again, his eyes back to their usual golden brown (Wufan was kind of always angry or irritated), trying to reason with his little brother. "You were lost and-"
 
"No!" SeHun yelled this time and it took Wufan aback. "You're the one who doesn't know!"
 
"Don't talk to me like that," Wufan raised a warning finger.
 
Things were heating up and neither Yixing nor JongDae were laughing anymore. Instead everyone was wondering if they should get ready to intervene verbally or physically.
 
"Well if you listened to me, I wouldn't have to yell like this."
 
SeHun was so much stronger than when he first came on the Ariadne. He didn't only gain strength during the time he spent away from his brother, it seemed he also gained some height. But the warm environment he was wrapped in made SeHun forget how Wufan had struggled. All he was thinking now was how stubborn and narrow-minded his brother was being.
 
"You changed," Wufan sighed with a sad face. "While I was looking for you, I was so worried, I couldn't sleep." Wufan frowned staring at the void and SeHun felt guilty when his brother looked straight at him. "But I see you were just fine without me."
 
That hurt SeHun deeply.
 
"How can you say something like that?!" Tears were threatening to fall and all of SeHun's anger was gone. Wufan had protected him all his life and SeHun was not used to being on a different side than his brother's. He understood he had leaned on Wufan for far too long and that he was being selfish.
 
"I was worried too." SeHun walked to his brother and hugged him tight. "I was terrified." He waited to feel Wufan hug his back before he said, "But I was lucky, I guess," and looked up to his brother wiping away the water in his eyes. "They are wonderful people, Wufan." SeHun smiled and Wufan ruffled his multicolor hair even though he didn't look convinced. "And as you can see, I'm fine."
 
SeHun grabbed both of Wufan's arms and looked at him with eyes twinkling with hope. "And now we can all be together."
 
Wufan's softened expression turned hard again.
 
"All?" he raised an eyebrow.
 
And Yixing and JongDae were smiling again.
 
"I know what you're going to say," SeHun let go of his brother. "But I love them as much as a love you. They have been like a family to me and I would very much like to continue traveling with everyone." SeHun looked at the crew as he said those words and they were all smiling at him. SeHun beamed when he saw approval on LuHan's face and turned back to Wufan. "We can't run forever."
 
"I agree," JunMyeon stood up and everyone was now looking at him. "You saved me," JunMyeon said to Wufan. "You don't see us as an enemy, right?" He hesitantly took a step towards Wufan. "We love SeHun very much, he's like family to us too. He is family."
 
Wufan growled at those last words but JunMyeon didn't back away. Instead, he extended his hand.
 
"Join us. No one should be alone."
 
SeHun smiled seeing how JunMyeon was understanding. And JongDae and Krystal had that same agreeing look on their face. Yixing and ChanYeol weren't even part of the crew but they were supporting JunMyeon's words too.
SeHun looked at LuHan again and the latter nodded gently. SeHun's smile widened and if his brother wasn't there he would've rushed to him to kiss his lover.
SeHun, however, contained himself and turned to Wufan, who was still frowning. 
He didn't look angry though.
 
Sad.
 
"Wufan," SeHun called softly and tried to comfort his brother but Wufan waved his hand away. 
 
A few seconds of silence followed before Wufan finally said, "I need time," as he sighed deeply.
 
"You can use our room," JongDae said immediately and although Zitao seemed reluctant, he didn't say anything knowing it was for SeHun.
 
Wufan was about to get out of the kitchen when LuHan's voice stopped him.
 
"Just know this."
 
LuHan was his calm self again and looked very serious, it sent shivers down SeHun's spine as he gulped waiting for LuHan's words.
 
"I do love SeHun. More than he knows."
 
As he said those last words LuHan looked at SeHun and SeHun literally felt his heart skip a beat.
 
Wufan stared for a moment then left.
 
SeHun was worried, yet it gave him hope that his brother said nothing. Wufan didn't agree, but he didn't disagree either. Right?
 
LuHan walked to SeHun and hugged him really tight as he whispered into his ear.
 
"I really thought your brother was going to kill me."
 
SeHun chuckled and hugged LuHan back.
 
"Wow, talk about being dramatic," Yixing jested and JongDae laughed turning to JunMyeon.
 
"You have competition. Your evil father against SeHun's over-protective brother."
 
"How's that a competition?" JunMyeon asked but Krystal laughed at the back with Zitao and JunMyeon finished by joining them too.
 
"Your ship is fun," ChanYeol smiled widely at LuHan and some laughed some more while others smiled.
 
SeHun looked at LuHan and despite all the dangers ahead, he felt like everything was going to be OK now.
SeHun's life seemed complete, spending the rest of his days traveling with the people he held dearest, in wondrous places, having adventures with no more fear in his heart. Only love.
 
"Say," Yixing popped the bubble LuHan and SeHun were in. "How do we organize ourselves to sleep?"
 
It was a very good question indeed and everybody was now wondering the same thing as they looked at each other and finally stopped their gaze on LuHan, as he was the captain, after all.
 
"Don't look at me," LuHan protested. "What about BaekHyun," he pointed at the half-nereid.
 
"Have you seen the size of my ship?" Baekhyun retorted immediately and all eyes were back on LuHan again.
 
Then everybody began to argue. JunMyeon suggested that they should leave SeHun with his brother alone for now while Yixing said he wanted to sleep in his old room and JongDae hinted that he had unfinished business with BaekHyun whereas she thought it was obvious that she was going back on her ship with ChanYeol and KyungSoo.
 
All the tension that Wufan had left earlier was gone and SeHun hoped his brother would be able to blend into this wonderful new world SeHun was now a part of.
After all, Wufan wanted what was best for his little brother, right?
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
So Wufan is a bit like Bruce Banner, if you want xD (for those of you who don't who Dr. Brune Banner is, he's the Hulk)
 
You should all thank Goo btw, because I wouldn't be able to write if it wasn't for her help. She is really amazing, guys!
I'm sorry I'm so late, but I hope you still enjoy reading Over the Rainbow.
Thank you so much for all your comments!

See you next time (I don't know when^^")
xoxo~