JUNMYEON - or how to be invaded

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning

JunMyeon and Krystal were guarding the Ariadne as LuHan demanded and were waiting for the rest of the crew on an isolated rocky hill. It had been a while since the couple had been completely alone so the Korean man didn't mind. But Krystal seemed worried for SeHun and JunMyeon kept telling her that it was fine since LuHan was with him, along with Zitao, who was really strong, and JongDae, who was really smart.

"That's not what I meant," the Nereid said sitting on the kitchen table. "I mean, is it ever going to stop? Can't SeHun-ah just live in peace?"

She crossed her arms and JunMyeon got up to settle between her legs and kiss her gently on the forehead as he caressed his fiancée's right arm in comfort.
JunMyeon wasn't sure what to say but seeing Krystal worry and looking out for SeHun made him think that she would be an excellent mother and the dark-haired man couldn't wait to start a family.
But first, the wedding.
JunMyeon wished his mother was still alive. She, unlike his father, would have been so happy and proud of him.

The Korean man sighed against Krystal's ear and the Nereid silently took her lover's hand. She was the one who understood him best and she was his true family.
By now JunMyeon had stopped asking Krystal if leaving it all behind was worth it. He stopped worrying if his love would ever regret it because he knew that their happy ending was together and it didn't matter where or how, all they needed was each other.
The man sighed again, but this time in well-being and Krystal kissed his hand lightly.

The peaceful moment ended as a loud boom echoed and the earth suddenly started to crumble making the whole ship shake. A red light flashed with a warning siren and the couple looked at each other before rushing to the deck.
Nothing abnormal could be seen by the windows, but something was definitely wrong. They quickly realized it wasn't natural as the screen alarmed that the entrance airlock was open and soon two men were on the Ariadne's deck with the couple.
Both JunMyeon and Krystal put a protective hand in front of each other and the pink-haired man laughed.

"How sweet."

He was short, even shorter than JunMyeon, and had a wicked smile as he chewed on his gum, hands in his leopard printed jeans. The other man was tall and blue. Eyes, hair, clothes, everything was cold and blue.

"What do you want?" Krystal asked offensively and took a step in front of her lover.

"Well how nice of you to ask, sweetheart," the pink-haired man smirked and his voice was annoyingly high pitched. JunMyeon frowned at the nickname given to his fiancée.

"We know it's here," the blue-haired man said in a very deep voice, contrasting the other's.

"What is?" JunMyeon asked. He knew they were talking about SeHun, but JunMyeon neither liked the tone nor the way the man talked about the boy and there was no way he was telling them anything.

"The Therianthrope," the tall man said sharply. He tapped the shoulder of the other man, who was still looking at Krystal with hungry eyes and started to trash the place.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Again, a stupid question, but it just came out of JunMyeon's mouth. The blue-eyed man stared at him a moment and went back to his search.

Krystal was about to jump in when suddenly the phone rang. Everybody froze and looked towards the device flashing a red light on the desk. JunMYeon rushed to it. He heard the blue man's deep voice say 'Don't answer it' behind him, but he ignored it, and when he heard a painful growl from the man he knew Krystal had stepped in to cover him. The odd thing was that neither of them had guns or weapons, but JunMyeon waved off the thought and grabbed the phone.

"They're here!" he shouted through the speaker even though he still didn't know who 'they' were.

"Give me that!"

The short pink-haired man tried to get to JunMyeon, but Krystal grabbed him and the man cried when the heat emanating from the Nereid burned his arm. He took a step back, a shaky hand on his injured skin and Krystal stared at him like a lioness looking at her prey with angry eyes.
JunMyeon, having complete faith in his fiancée, focused on the screen and yelled their current coordinates in the phone's speaker and immediately hung up. Surely JongDae would understand and hopefully LuHan would be smart enough not to bring SeHun here.

JunMyeon turned around, only to see Krystal and the pink man in a fist fight. The Nereid could take care of herself, the problem wasn't there.

Where did the other guy go?

SeHun was not on the ship so there was no need to worry about him, but JunMyeon couldn't say the same about the damage done on the Ariadne.

JunMyeon had barely gotten off the deck and into the kitchen before he was assaulted by the blue-haired man.  His head hit the wall as the man pressed his forearm on JunMyeon's throat, choking him. He gagged and clawed at the arm to get it off and moved around his feet as they didn't touch the ground, the man being so tall, but it was no use.

"Now for the last time," the cold blue-eyed man said in his deep voice, "Where is it?"

"I-," JunMyeon struggled to breathe but he still managed in a faint voice. "Not...telling."

"Fine."

The man shoved JunMyeon on the table and the Korean man looked in horror as a stick appeared out of nowhere in the blue man's hand. He kind of figured out at this point that the two were no normal humans but this was really unexpected.

"Then die."

JunMyeon braced himself for the pain, but it never came. Instead a loud growl was heard and suddenly the man was shoved off of JunMyeon and to the floor by a shadow.
The blue-haired man and JunMyeon both looked around, but no one was there and the man stood up smirking.

"Well what do you know."

JunMyeon hated this feeling of not understanding anything, especially in this kind of situation. While LuHan was gone he was supposed to be in charge and lead and stuff, god damn it!

"Come on out," the blue alien sing-sang. "Let's play."

But only silence responded. JunMyeon narrowed his eyes trying to see past the hall's darkness but it was no use. He could feel it though. Someone was there.

Something.

"I guess I'll just have to come to you," the blue-haired man tightened his grip on his stick and cracked his neck. "But what can you do in such a small space?" He took a step forward, still wearing that evil smile on his face. "You're trapped wolf boy."

Wolf boy?

JunMyeon had his suspicions but now he was sure: a Therianthrope.

Could he be..? But SeHun was a cat.

The tall man was about to get out of the kitchen when the shadow sprung on him and wolf indeed. But boy, not so much.
It was huge as a bison with golden fur and glowing scarlet eyes. Unlike SeHun, that beast was threatening, because even if you put aside the fact that JunMyeon knew SeHun and how nice and sweet he was, there was still the fact that he was a huge yet cute kitty cat, with multicolor fur.
This wolf was nothing like the young Therianthrope the short man knew.

JunMyeon's eyes met the wolf's and it almost felt like there was a sudden understanding between the two of them. But how could that be?

The creature quickly shifted his gaze on the blue man and a fight JunMyeon didn't understand started. They were jumping around, messing up the entire kitchen. At times it looked like an invisible force was blocking and stopping the wolf in his movements and at some point JunMyeon could have sworn they both disappeared. It was just for like half a second but, surely he must've imagined it.

JunMyeon stood against the wall in the corner, too afraid to move -and it wasn't like there was actually something he could do anyway-. This fight was completely out of his league.

JunMyeon wondered again how humans were weak and yet believed that, somehow, they were the most developed and powerful beings in the universe. It wasn't fair though, he was the only human on the ship right now.

Krystal!

JunMyeon caught the flying frying pan instead of dodging it like he first intended to and rushed to the deck.
There, he found a panting and fiery Krystal with the pink man lying unconscious at her feet. The Nereid was about to say something but burst into laughter when she saw JunMyeon holding the black frying pan in an offensive stance. It was more of a nervous and relieved laugh, she wasn't making fun of him or anything. Right?
JunMyeon relaxed and sighed in relief, stepping forward for a hug. Krystal smiled, shaking her head in disbelief, and hugged back.

"I love you."

She had an amused tone and for a moment JunMyeon forgot about all the commotion and felt at peace.
The sound of the kitchen table breaking brought them back to reality though.

The couple ran to the source of the noise and JunMyeon had to admit he wasn't surprised when he saw the blue man unconscious under the table's debris.

"Well what do you know," JunMyeon used the exact same words the tall man said earlier and he couldn't help a faint smile grow on his face.
He searched around but the wolf was gone. Kystal looked at her fiancé with interrogative eyes but JunMyeon didn't have the time to say anything that a tall blond man suddenly came from the hall and abruptly grabbed JunMyeon, looking at him with angry golden brown eyes.

"Where is SeHun?!" he shouted even though JunMyeon's face was literally just inches away from his.

"I- I-," JunMyeon stuttered and the golden-haired man tightened his grip around the short man's shirt.

Those angry eyes were definitely the same as the wolf's. JunMyeon studied his face in detail but firstly he was amazed at how tall he was. Taller than the man lying on the Ariadne's kitchen floor. Taller than SeHun, yet so familiar.

The blond's thick eyebrows arched, wrinkling his forehead, as he asked.

"Where is my little brother?"

Again, JunMyeon had had his suspicions ever since he saw the Therianthrope, and again, now he was sure: SeHun's brother was alive.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

Hi everyone!

So I think it doesn't come as much of a surprise that SeHun's brother was alive but since JunMyeon didn't know about the part where he was a Lycanthrope, he was quite shocked x)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading!

Also I'm a little bit late on my schedule as I am currently drawing fan arts for Kyungsoo and Jongin's birthdays, so please don't worry and please don't be mad if I don't post next week > <

xoxo~