SEHUN - or how to take JongDae's advice because he's always right

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning
SeHun didn't understand how Zitao could part with his family so easily. He was adopted, sure, but still. He must have had some kind of attachment to the people who welcomed him as their own. I mean, SeHun couldn't even begin to think about parting with LuHan.
The Therianthrope also wondered how a farm boy could have so many clothes and needs. Tao had brought his own feather cushion and all. 
 
But the main problem wasn't that, though. With the raven-haired boy on board now, the Ariadne became really crowded. The new addition to the ship caused trouble with the room arrangements again.
 
There was no way they were separating the couple so LuHan just said it was best to put Tao with JongDae because the blond didn't want Zitao to suddenly go all berserk on SeHun with a sudden urge for revenge or something. 
That's what LuHan said.
 
The Korean man suggested he went with the captain since they were both Chinese but to SeHun's most joyful surprise, LuHan ignored that and stuck with his plan.
SeHun didn't want to leave LuHan's room and the thought of the Chinese boy with his beautiful blond made the Therianthrope's eyes go orange and SeHun didn't want to have to go all berserk on Zitao.
 
And even though SeHun had only been on the ship for a week, he felt a change in the captain. When you stop and think about it, LuHan was alone with Jason before this whole wedding and a Therianthrope getting on board mess. The Ariadne was a small ship so he probably didn't have any difficulties with the navigation but wasn't LuHan lonely? All his friends were on Earth and SeHun didn't know anything about the Chinese man's family.
But it was none of his business. And he was too afraid to ask anyway.
 
Tao was in fact a little kid. He kept complaining about how the bathroom was too small or there wasn't enough hot water or the sheets smelled, and so on. SeHun honestly thought that Luhan was going to lose it at some point but every time that was about to happen, the captain just looked at the multicolor-haired boy and smiled.
 
Sometimes it was a warm smile, to say that it was OK but at other times it was just a forced smile that said 'you take care of it or I'll throw the both of you off board'. 
LuHan could be really scary when he wanted to, even with his angelic face. Actually, he was all the more scary due to his angelic face.
But SeHun loved him anyway.
 
And that's when SeHun realized.
 
He loved LuHan.
 
It was love after all. It came as a simple thought and now everything was so clear to the boy. SeHun's shoulders felt lighter suddenly. But then he thought of rejection and the weight doubled.
Why was it so complicated? With his parents, it seemed so simple. But they were a man and a woman. Was is because of that? Or the age difference? Maybe a problem of race? But JunMyeon and Krystal were perfect for each other. And SeHun came back to the problem of gender. The boy didn't mind though. Love was love, right?
There was only one person he could talk to right now. 
 
"JongDae-sshi," he called discreetly for the Korean man, but the latter frowned.
 
"JongDae?" SeHun tried again and the man was all smiles again. "I need your advice."
 
"Of course you do." JongDae took SeHun's hand and pulled him to the deck. The chestnut-haired man seemed eager to get away from all this Chinese farm boy mess.
 
 
 
JongDae sat SeHun in the navigator's chair as soon as they passed the door and didn't even give time for the boy to protest.
 
"Yes, you should totally confess to Luhan and kiss the hell out of him."
 
SeHun was in shock. How did this man manage to know everything and anything about everyone and anyone so fast.
 
"Wha- I- How-," the rainbow-haired boy stuttered. "Is it that obvious?"
 
"Oh SeHunnie, you have no idea," JongDae tsked. "LuHan is the only one oblivious, and I think he's only ignoring it. Deep down, he knows."
 
The Therianthrope didn't know if he wanted to laugh of cry. On one hand, maybe it was better if the blond already knew. It would be easier for SeHun to confess. But on the other hand, if LuHan did know and was ignoring the boy's feelings, it was maybe because he didn't feel the same way. SeHun sighed heavily and sat back in the chair.
 
"Hey," JongDae tapped his shoulder. "Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. LuHan can be stubborn but when it comes to you, he's all soft and sweet. Believe me, I know." The Korean man gave SeHun a strong look to back up his words.
 
But SeHun wasn't sure. He wanted to trust JongDae's words, more than anything, but the boy didn't know anything about love and relationships. He looked down again.
 
"Listen," the chestnut-haired man made the rainbow-haired boy look up again. "How do you feel when you see him? What do you want to do?"
 
SeHun considered the questions for a moment and it came out before he could stop himself.
 
"I want to kiss him."
 
Silence. The Therianthrope suddenly blushed, making his eyes go purple, at the realization of what he just said. 
 
"Woah, that was easier than I though," JongDae laughed. "Then just to it." 
 
"But what if-"
 
"No what ifs," the navigator raised a finger to stop the boy. "If LuHan denies his feelings for you, which are pretty obvious if you ask me, just kiss him."
 
"But-"
 
"Kiss him."
 
SeHun knew there wasn't anything that could change JongDae's mind. He was a very stubborn man. The boy still tried to protest but Zitao came on the deck just at that moment.
 
"Hey, not bad for such a small ship," the raven-haired boy walked in completely oblivious. "What are you guys talking about?"
 
JongDae let out a chuckle that did not please the Chinese boy. Tao frowned and turned to SeHun.
 
"Man, if you weren't with LuHan ge I would have shared a room with you." He looked down at JongDae. "But I'm not surprised that you're the only one without a partner."
 
SeHun eyes turned grey and purple again and the chestnut-haired man laughed out loud.
 
"See how obvious it is," he exclaimed. "Even Taozi thought you two were already a couple."
 
"Don't call me that," Tao hissed hearing the nickname his grandpa gave him but the Korean man just waved the farm boy off.
 
The two humans began to argue. Well Zitao was arguing, JongDae looked like he was having fun. SeHun left them to go and find JunMyeon in the kitchen.
 
The former heir of GSI was helping his fiancée with dinner. They were so in sync and perfect for each other. The Therianthrope envied that.
 
"JunMyeon-sshi," SeHun called reluctantly because he didn't want to break the mood, but the half British man smiled at the boy and tilted his head, showing SeHun that he was listening.
The rainbow-haired boy silently asked the man to follow him in the hall and JunMyeon did, after giving a light kiss on Krystal's forehead.
 
SeHun always had trouble asking about personal things to people since he never really had a chance to talk to others than his family members before, but JunMyeon knew that.
 
"Is it about LuHan?" he asked softly.
 
So it was that obvious.
 
"Everyone seems to know," SeHun wanted to cry. "So why?"
 
"LuHan has been through a lot these past two years." The boy looked at the short man with confused eyes. "Maybe you should ask him about it," JunMyeon suggested. "LuHan won't lie to you."
 
The more people told SeHun about how LuHan acted differently with him, the more SeHun was worried about the outcome of his feelings.
 
"How did you confess to Krystal noona?" the Therianthrope asked the question he formerly wanted to ask.
 
JunMyeon smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head.
 
"Well, I'm kind of a hopeless romantic and I like going a little over the top so I'm not sure this can help you," the man said giving a sorry look to SeHun. "But it was love a first sight and the moment I saw her I knew that she was the one for me."
 
JunMyeon was looking at Krystal from the hall and you could see love in his eyes.
SeHun would give anything to have LuHan look at him this way.
 
"So I told her," the dark-haired man continued, "that no one would love her like I do and that that was something that would never change." JunMyeon was still looking at his love. "And I kissed her before she could say anything because I just couldn't take no for an answer."
The man turned back to SeHun and smiled. "And I don't want to brag but, here I am now, happily engaged."
 
The groom-to-be ruffled the multicolor-haired boy and went back to his fiancée.
 
Why did it look so simple?
 
SeHun was frustrated. He decided to help Zitao unpack and ended up avoiding LuHan for the rest of the evening, spending time with the raven-haired boy. The Therianthrope found that he quite liked Tao and that they could become good friends.
The two Korean men were amused by the situation, seeing it as a plan to make Luhan jealous and it worked because the captain really looked annoyed by the proximity of the two boys.
 
And then suddenly it looked like LuHan was the one who was ignoring SeHun. But it didn't last long as the blond called the boy with a hint of annoyance in his voice. The rainbow-haired alien followed the man and tension could be felt from the silence in their room.
 
But before SeHun could react, he heard the click of the lock and he was pushed against the door. LuHan blocked him with his hands on each side of his face and there was nothing the Therianthrope could do. The Chinese captain was shorter but he was still kind of scary when he was pissed off.
 
"What is it?" the blond stared into the boy's grey pupils. "What did I do? Why are you angry?"
 
"What-" 
 
"You've been avoiding me all day. What's wrong?"
 
LuHan was dead serious but all SeHun wanted to do was to laugh. Maybe he was thinking too much and it was time he took JongDae's advise, because he might have been right all along.
 
And there was only one way to find out.
 
SeHun cupped the blond's face, he didn't want to miss his target, and slowly closed his eyes to finally do what he had been dying to do for the past week: he kissed LuHan.
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
After 10 chapters, finally xD
I hope you all enjoyed !
 
Thank you for reading~
 
xoxo~