JONGDAE - or how to find his match

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning
It was so hot despite the fact that they were outside, in a dark alley, and JongDae felt his head spinning from the heat and the vanilla scent of her perfume. Her skin was so soft and JongDae just couldn't get enough of her little moans as he pressed butterfly kisses all over her neck and collar bones. The way she clung on him for support and her delicate fingers curled in his chestnut hair-
 
Wait. How did he get here? Let's back up a little, shall we?
 
 
It all started this morning. Now that Zitao was here, JongDae enjoyed being on the Ariadne even more. Apart from the small problem of spaces in the rooms, the Korean man appreciated every fight for the shower in the morning, or quarrels about who should do the dishes and how they should plan the wedding and all. But lately, the navigator's favorite occupation was to tease the new cute little couple that was miraculously found and matched by Kim JongDae himself: LuHan and SeHun. 
 
JongDae was a believer. He believed in the dogma of truth, beauty, freedom and love. That's why the chestnut-haired man never lied, took good care of himself, traveled around the world and enjoyed playing matchmaker.
 
Today was no different than any other day since JongDae became the Ariadne's navigator. SeHun was training with Zitao, while LuHan was planning the wedding with the couple. Which let the chestnut-haired man all alone.
 
The ship was on stop until they found a new destination so JongDae grabbed his jacket and sneaked out to the Solis to see Cecily. He was forever grateful for her sacrificing her carrier to save his. If it wasn't for the ex-lieutenant the Korean man would never had a second chance at GSI.
Well, he sent it flying out the window again but it was for JunMyeon and Cecily understood. None of them ever liked working for Mr. Griffith anyway.
 
JongDae asked more about the bounty hunters that were after SeHun and according to the short-haired bartender there were two of them. A very tall dark-haired man with weird ears -probably a half-troll- and a small woman with purple hair. 
 
That shouldn't be hard to spot.
 
And it wasn't. The question was, were they stupid or just that confident that they didn't need to hide themselves. The Korean man hoped for the first option, but even he couldn't always be right.
 
JongDae followed them, until they separated. The tall guy crossed the street and the girl turned down in an alley. The half-troll was indeed very tall and easy to track even in a crowd but JongDae, as a man, just had to follow the lady.
 
"I'm used to stalking, not being stalked," said the magenta-haired woman, still showing her back as she stood in the alley.
 
Nice voice, JongDae thought. Even in situations like that the chestnut-haired man always considered every possible opportunity with a woman.
 
"Where are my manners," JongDae liked acting like the gentlemen he was. "The name's Kim JongDae."
 
But the woman merely hummed as an answer, finally turning around and the man was stunned.
 
She was an absolute beauty. Her wavy hair, resting on her small shoulders framed perfectly her smiley face. Her dark eyes were traced by a thick eyeliner and it seemed like she could read right through your soul. And her black leather suit wrapped exquisitely around her generous hips and thighs.
 
Whatever plan JongDae had in mind, it vanished right on that spot.
 
Damn.
 
He cleared his throat and put on a poker face, smiling widely.
 
"I hope that that tall guy wasn't you boyfriend."
 
JongDae wanted to slap himself. What kind of awful line was that? But right now, he couldn't risk revealing his true intentions and needed to know how much information those bounty hunters had on SeHun.
 
"What if he is?"
 
Strong and confident. Just the way I like them.
 
"Look, Kim JongDae," she tilted her head, and the simple movement was extremely cute to the chestnut-haired man. "If you're not here for business-"
 
"Oh, I'm here for business."
 
Man! 
 
The words kept coming out of his mouth and JongDae wanted to pull his hair out at how stupid that sounded. But the woman just stared and for the first time, JongDae fell out of his comfort zone. Usually he could adapt to any kind of situation, but this small adorable creature just made the man want to drop everything and do something crazy. 
 
More like something stupid.
 
"Let's get to it then."
 
She had that feline walk that would make any man turn around when they saw her in the street and JongDae was no exception. It was like he was into her web and there was no getting out of it. With someone like her, the Korean man didn't mind though.
 
The purple-haired women grabbed JongDae and her lips were soft and wet against his and she knew exactly how to put those beautiful fingers of hers to good use by curling them in the navigator's chestnut hair.
JongDae couldn't remember how long they had been making out, but it surely wasn't long enough as suddenly she was the one pushing him against the wall.
 
"Now," she smiled, "it's my turn to get what I want."
 
She stared with those strong eyes again and JongDae felt like a prey about to be eaten by a lioness.
 
And he loved it.
 
"I have two guesses," the magenta-haired women started. "Either you know who I'm looking for and you're trying to protect him or you want to beat me to finding that person and get the reward for yourself."
 
Why did all of the females surrounding Jongdae have to be so god damn tough and slick?
 
They were the best kind.
 
But one was engaged to his best friend, the other was, even if she didn't care to admit, infatuated with a certain lieutenant, and now this one was a ing bounty hunter who was after his captain's boyfriend.
 
JongDae always seemed to get into trouble. Or at least, trouble seemed to always find him. Usually he was a pro at getting out of it, but this time was different. This woman was different.
 
Why did she have to be so sinfully beautiful and y and seem to have just about the right amount of sassiness. 
He really wanted to bite those hips right now.
 
Get a grip of yourself man! 
 
The woman laughed at how JongDae's expressions kept changing as he went from a thought to another.
 
"I'm gonna guess the first one."
 
The chestnut-haired man tried to stay composed but the short woman seemed to be able to see right through him anyway.
 
"Well you're in luck, Kim JongDae," she smiled. "I'm here to help."
 
The Korean man frowned. What kind of trick was that?
 
"I lost you," the purple-haired girl nodded, pointing at him. "Let me explain. You see, I'm a half-nereid."
 
That, I saw.
 
"Me and my partner, who is a half-troll," she hesitated a moment. "Well, let's just say we don't really belong. We are neither and both at the same time." 
 
JongDae listened carefully and searched for any sign of lie but she sounded sincere.
 
"To make it short, our job is to protect the outcasts. We pass for bounty hunters and gather information to find them before real hunters do and we put them under our protection."
 
"You're like a secret organisation," the man was quick to catch up as always. "But how do I know you're not just lying?"
 
The woman's story seemed legit but JongDae couldn't take a chance. SeHun's life was on the line.
 
"Does it look like I'm lying?" she smiled again. "I think you're the kind who can tell, right?"
 
Yes, I can but flattery won't work. It won't! No matter how cute you are.
 
"How about this?" the half-nereid suggested. "On the count of three, we both say his name. Then you'll know I'm not lying."
 
"That doesn't prove anything," JongDae really hated the feeling that she was pulling all the strings.
 
"Well if whatever I say can be doubted, you might as well try and trust me," she shrugged. "Best case scenario, we both want to protect your friend and we can help each other."
 
"And worst case scenario, you trick me and you're just going to kill all of us."
 
"On the count of three then."
 
She had that smirk and JongDae really should punch himself because he was loving this situation so much. He considered his options and either way, playing her game seemed like a good thing. At least he would be able to settle if this half-nereid was a friend or a foe.
 
She was counting and the navigator thought it was a risk that was worth taking.
 
"SeHun."
 
Both voices echoed in the alley and both smiled.
 
Suddenly the magenta-haired girl took out her phone and for a moment, JongDae panicked.
 
"Yeol, get your back here."
 
She was probably talking to her partner. The Korean man tried to eavesdrop to hear but it was no use. 
 
"I don't care," she said in a calm yet scary voice. And then there was a silence and a very decisive "Now" from the woman. She lastly added a "Say 'hi' to KyungSoo for me," and hang up.
 
"Here," she took out her business card from her black fanny pack and gave it to JongDae. "Let's meet here again tomorrow and talk out the details." She didn't let the man protest and added, "Come with your captain, you don't have to bring SeHun if you still doubt me but I highly recommend you to bring him too."
 
She smiled with shut and she looked so beautiful but the chestnut-haired man blocked on something.
 
"You knew who I was from the beginning, didn't you?" he frowned. "You knew I was following you and why."
 
"Maybe," was her response as she did a cute movement with her shoulder and fluttered her eyelashes.
 
Damn.
 
"So all the kiss-"
 
"See you tomorrow Kim JongDae," she cut him off with yet another graceful smile and walked pass him.
 
"Wait." JongDae wasn't a big fan of clichés but, "I don't even know your name."
 
The half-nereid turned around, making her wavy hair flow like she was shooting a shampoo commercial.
 
"It's BaekHyun. Byun BaekHyun."
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------
 
Hello everyone!!
I'm sorry I didn't put a warning but it would have spoiled the whole chapter so.
 
It's girl BaekHyun everybody !!
 
I hope you liked it anyway and thank you for reading and commenting.
See you next week^^
 
xoxo~