JUNMYEON - or how to be clever and clueless at the same time

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning
JunMyeon had been on the Ariadne many times -beyond count- but he was still amazed every time. He worked for a space company and yet didn't know anything about spaceships and their mechanisms. He would own one if his father let him. The auburn-haired man was an only child and he was raised over-protectively. He was daddy's sweet little boy, listening to every word and following every order. 
 
But this ends today. For good.
 
Honestly, JunMyeon had always been a little scared of his father. And he still was. But his love for Krystal was stronger. He would've done this two years ago, when he met his beautiful Nereid, but she was still a minor then. They met at a party GSI held to make new connections and expand the company. It was love at first sight. As cliché as it sounded, he saw her across the crowded room and he just couldn't take his eyes off of her. Perfection. JunMyeon had always been a romantic. He got it from his late mother. She would've loved Krystal. Unlike his father who thought she was a distraction and was playing him for his heritage. The fact was that Ethan Griffith was more protective of his work than his own family. 
 
But enough about his father. Krystal had finally turned twenty and they could at last get united by the law. His feelings were more than satisfactory for her but he had to show his father, he wasn't afraid of him. He was the one deciding what he wanted to do with his life.
 
The British young man had thought this through, over and over, and he was ready now. JongDae backed him up, as always and LuHan agreed to do the ceremony. He could finally get married to the love of his life. Everything was going according to plan. 
 
Until they entered the ship.
 
There, in the middle of the kitchen, was a little alien boy with pointy ears. He was dirty and bruised and JunMyeon wondered what could have happened to him. But after sharing his thoughts on the matter, Krystal cleared everything up.
 
A Therianthrope.
 
His fiancée was still holding him back protectively.
 
"A Therianthrope," he repeated. Just to be sure.
 
I mean, the boy seemed harmless. Then again, they all did. But the clothes and the marks on his neck -there were probably others hiding under that red sweater- made the auburn-haired man question everything. He looked more like a victim than a predator.
 
"Like a shape-shifter?" LuHan asked. "I thought they were extinct," he added looking at the little creature.
 
"I-," the boy looked like he was about to cry.
 
"Really?!" The blond sounded more than thrilled when he grabbed the Therianthrope's shoulders, and it worried JunMyeon. Knowing LuHan, this was heading to
 
"Show me!"
 
Yeah. Right there.
 
"Stop LuHan ge! This is not a game. Their kind are dangerous!" Krystal was shouting. She was the cool type usually but you could feel the fear in her voice.
 
Bip bip bip
 
The captain grunted. It was quite a timing, JunMyeon had to admit. But knowing that the few people who knew the ship's number only called for emergencies, LuHan stood up and took the call from the phone hanging on the wall next to the white worktop.
 
"Yes." He sounded irritated enough. The British man started to feel nervous. This could only be one person calling, since Krystal and himself were already here.
 
"JongDae, seriously?"
 
Bingo
 
The Chinese captain was yelling. "What? No! Wait, don't-! Damn it!" He threw the phone on the worktop. "He hung up on me!" LuHan let out a small growl before saying to no one in particular. "How many people are going to invite themselves onto my ship today, huh?!"
 
"I'm sorry..." The little alien was still sitting, cross-legged, on the floor and Jason was back in his arms again.
 
LuHan smiled at that and sighed. "Look, huh- SeHun," he patted the red beanie, "It's not your fault. They would've come anyway. This is not about you."
 
"Wow," Krystal stepped up. "You two are on first name basis? Uh-huh!" she protested. 
 
"Krystal chill," LuHan held up an arm, warning the Nereid not to come any closer. "My guess is you have a bad history with Therianthropes but look at him. He's just a kid."
 
"For now," the fiery-haired girl answered bitterly. "And for your information, captain, Therianthropes are blood lusted killers. Everybody knows that." She insisted on the 'everybody' but JunMyeon knew it was the way she said 'captain' that didn't please him. He could see the anger grow on LuHan's face. So the auburn-haired man decided to take it from here.
 
"Why don't we calm down and listen to what the boy has to say, hum?" He looked at both his fiancée and his friend and approached the little alien. "Your name's SeHun, right?" JunMyeon crouched in front of the multicolor-haired boy as the latter nodded. He put a comforting hand on SeHun's shoulder, ignoring the flinching. "So tell us. What happened to you?"
 
They looked longly at each other, until the alien's eyes went black.
 
"As I think you know," he started, "I'm an endangered species. I've been tracked and hunted since I was born. My family and I managed to escape for a while but eventually they found us and-" SeHun's orbs were slowly growing blue. "And my parents they- they didn't-" He was struggling with the words.
 
"It's OK. I understand." JunMyeon was calm, as he knew how to be. His voice was soft with no judgment whatsoever. "How did you escape?"
 
"My brother put me in one of the hunters' ships and sent me on auto-pilot, telling me to get out as soon as I arrived and just run." He faced down, his eyes mixing into a harmonious blue-green color. "He gave me the beanie to hide my ears," he said as he took off the red woolen hat. "This is all I have left of him, or my family." He clutched it hard, his knuckles becoming white.
 
"So how did you get on my ship?" LuHan asked, standing right behind JunMyeon.
 
"I arrived on a planet called Europe."
 
There was an 'Ahh' of agreement coming out of the two men. Europe was a trading planet. Mixed cultures and Colonians. Probably one of the best stars to start over or hide. SeHun's brother was wise.
 
"I managed to land safely and found my way to town but I made a mistake."
 
JunMyeon tilted his head, silently questioning the boy.
 
"I didn't mean to," SeHun justified himself. "I didn't have any money and I was scared and hungry." He was nervously caressing Jason's head and the lynx-rabbit was purring in content. "So I stole. Well more like massacred, an entire farm." His pupils were now a combination of blue-green, grey and purple. 
 
A beautiful mess. 
 
"I was starving and couldn't control myself." SeHun seemed upset with himself and JunMyeon's affection grew as he saw the good hidden under the fear of the little boy. "And of course, the owners got mad and I got chased by a farm boy, so I ran." 
 
The Therianthrope was really ashamed of his actions. He lifted his head to look at LuHan. "Then I saw your ship," he paused and added a "sir." The captain smiled at that. "And I hid behind it. I wasn't going to stay but the engine suddenly started and I was trapped." The blond raised an eyebrow this time. "So I used the ventilation to get in," SeHun finally finished. "But don't worry, I put everything back to place, nothing's broken." 
 
JunMyeon really started to think that his whiny voice was cute. But his friend seemed to think otherwise.
 
"Wait, so this means you've been hiding on my ship for the past two days?" It was more of a reproach than a question.
 
"Because he didn't know the way out," the British man tried to help SeHun out.
 
"I'm sorry. I'll leave immediately," the boy suddenly stood up, letting the pink furry creature fall from his lap. Jason mewled in surprise and ran out of the room. Probably went on LuHan's comforter, nothing to worry about. 
 
"What did you do that for? Jason is very sensitive." The captain took an upset look but JunMyeon knew he was faking it.
 
"Oh I'm sorry," SeHun brought his hands to his mouth. "I'll just-"
 
"You'll just chill, kiddo," the blond cut him off. "And you're not going anywhere." He pointed a finger at the boy. "My ship, my rules. Got it?" 
 
The boy nodded and JunMyeon rolled his eyes. His friend loved to act all cool and to show off. Tss.
 
"So I can stay?" SeHun asked. The boy's innocence was beyond heart warming.
 
"Of course you can!" LuHan was enthusiastic. "It's not like you have anywhere else to go," he shrugged.
 
JunMyeon immediately turned to Krystal, fearing her reaction. But she seemed her calm self again.
 
"I guess they're not all bad," she admitted and the captain couldn't hold back a triumphing look. "But they lose control easily. He said so too," she reminded him. "Even if it's not intentional, it's still dangerous. They are a danger to themselves and their surroundings. Especially when they're young." She was honestly worried. JunMyeon could see that.
 
"Oh yeah," LuHan ignored the Nereid's warnings. "How old are you, really?"
 
"I'm seven, sir."
 
The blond almost choked on... nothing.
 
"SEVEN?!" he repeated, dumbfounded.
 
"They are half animal, remember?" JunMyeon informed him. "But they live longer than humans. How fair is that, right?"
 
It was supposedly a joke but LuHan was still too much in shock to care.
 
Krystal crossed her arms. "You're still in the process of controlling your emotions and you don't have a mentor." SeHun felt uneasy. "And you can't count on those two," she pointed at the humans. "So I guess it will have to be my job." And she actually smiled at him.
 
SeHun's eyes lit up and he smiled back, mouth shut, letting his orbs go back to black, which JunMyeon assumed, were they original color.
 
Things went smoothly and he was grateful. It could've been a lot worse. 
 
"Wow, wow, wow," LuHan turned to the red-haired girl. "You're not taking him anywhere." He pushed SeHun behind his back, as if that would hide him. He was taller than the Chinese man.
 
But Krystal merely chuckled. "I'm not," she said, still a little laughing. The captain was confused. She turned to her fiancé.
 
"JunMyeon," she called and he hummed in response. "How about a pre-honeymoon before the wedding?"
 
The auburn-haired boy knew exactly where she was going with this and smiled.
 
"What?" the blond was still confused, if not more.
 
Krystal turned back to LuHan. "Looks like you have a whole new crew, captain," she chanted. Her smile was too wide for the captain's taste.
 
The Chinese man lifted a hand but JunMyeon chimed in before he could speak.
 
"You didn't honestly think we would have our ceremony on the ship when we can travel wherever we want." LuHan froze, hand still up mid-air. "And you could use a crew. I mean I love Jason and all, but seriously? You can't possibly manage this ship on your own. Admit you could use some help."
 
LuHan was struggling to retort but he settled with a "Fine," and put his hands on his hips. "But only until you find your perfect place for your wedding." You could feel a little sarcasm in his voice, "And from now on you all have to call me chuánzhǎng. It means 'captain'." He winked playfully. 
 
LuHan always recovered fast.
 
"No one's able to pronounce that crap, LuHan, ge is as Chinese as I can go. No SeHun, don't, it's OK, you don't have to." JunMyeon stopped the boy who was trying, way to hard, if you ask me.
 
"Says who? I'm the captain, I command here. And if I say chuánzhǎng, chuánzhǎng it is."
 
"Just ignore him," Krystal joined in and patted SeHun's shoulder. "I do."
 
The couple laughed and as much as LuHan wanted to seem angry, JunMyeon knew he was having fun.
 
Po beep po
 
And more fun was coming.
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
JunMyeon POV (sort of) this time
I know it's a bit slow but there will be some HunHan in the next chapter, promise!
 
Thank you for reading!