WUFAN - or how to survive

Over the rainbow, second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wufan had always been hard on himself. Ever since his little baby brother was born, he tried to be a role model and take good care of SeHun.

Therianthropes were usually categorized into two kinds: the Human kind and the Animal kind. Wufan and his father were of the latter. Wufan's sixth sense was highly developed as he preferred the wild over civilization and he believed knowledge was in nature and not in new technologies. Wufan found man kind very bold for such a weak species and disrespectful to any other living things. He hated it.
His mother was of the Human kind, though, and she was sweet and calm.

SeHun was special.

SeHun was neither and it came out in his hair color. Most, well all Therianthropes, had what we would call natural fur color, from a range of blond to brown and black to white. But SeHun was different. SeHun literally had multicolored hair and Wufan would be lying if he said it didn't scared him the first time he saw it.
SeHun had a strong human and animal side, yet was neither, and as if he was trying to be both, his growth was really slow as he attempted to learn both ways.

They had lived quite well, traveling around, as most Therianthropes were nomads. Home was where family was, no matter where you were. But even without SeHun being special, their kind had always been hunted for several reasons, mostly their alluring fur, gemstone-like eyes and dissection to find the secret or their mystical powers.
Too few of them were left and if he could, Wufan would have fought, but family always came first and Wufan vowed he would protect his brother and found a place where they could live in peace. Wufan knew the second part was unlikely to ever happen, so he focused on the first part, but to do so he had to let go of SeHun once. He had to give him his best chance, because truthfully, if they had stayed together, they would both be dead by now. Just like their parents. 

But honestly, running and hiding wasn't Wufan's style.

GD and TOP were following him and Wufan was following them, and neither ever let their guard down. At this point it would've never ended. But recently the two bounty hunters seemed to have their eyes on something else and Wufan saw an opportunity to finally end them.

He followed the duo but didn't stop them when GD and TOP blew up a spaceship airlock. Anything other than SeHun was an unneeded distraction. But when he got near the aircraft, Wufan suddenly froze as in all the mixed up smells that could be sensed, he identified one as belonging to his brother. It was very faint but definitely SeHun, no doubt.

No time to think twice, Wufan stripped. He didn't want to rip off his clothes, it wasn't his style. Wufan took his appearance very seriously, a rare specimen such as himself should be taken with utmost care.
  
Wufan had decided not to feel a long time ago, but he always saw hope in SeHun. And the feeling grew more so now that he was so close to founding his baby brother. But unfortunately, the only thing Wufan found was a desperate human -probably the owner of the ship- and TOP, in what seemed to be the kitchen. It still was his chance since the bounty duo finally separated and with his back Wufan, the Therianthrope could get a clear shot of the man who killed his mother.

Eyes glowing red with anger, Wufan leaped and went for the kill, but SeHun's smell on the human distracted him and he missed TOP's jugular.

.

He quickly backed away. You could never be too cautious with those hunters. And now Wufan was sure, this human definitely knew SeHun, and he would be a lot easier to interrogate than TOP. But right now, he was distracting Wufan so he needed him to get out of here. Wufan looked straight into the human's eyes, trying to make him understand, and whether it was his Therianthrope orbs or the frying pan that flew at him that convinced the short man, Wufan didn't know, but the human did get out of the kitchen.

Now, Wufan could finally do a one on one with TOP. And the alien from the YG system seemed really pissed, which was good. Anger was blinding him and as he wasn't really thinking straight right now it was Wufan's best chance to end him.
It was one of those 'you only have one shot at this' western movies kind of thing.

TOP disappeared and reappeared above Wufan, at his right, just as the Therianthrope predicted as a back attack would place the hunter in the narrow hall and Wufan's left side was blocked by the table.
Wufan was now accustomed to using his surroundings at his advantage and as soon as TOP leaped for his side attack, Wufan just shifted back and grabbed the man's head with a hand and twisted his body with the other, making TOP's neck crack in an instant death.

In truth, Wufan really wanted to make that bastard suffer, for all the pain he had cost, not only to Wufan's family, but to every single being in the galaxy. Wufan was so raging that he slammed the hunter's body on the table, breaking it into pieces.

Wufan stared at the body, that was now a corpse. It ended up being a lot simpler than he had imagined but the sudden thought of TOP being dead made Wufan's body sweat. He hated it.

But no time to lose standing there, Wufan still had to take care of GD and the loud noise of the table breaking would probably lure him here. Wufan quickly backed away in the darkness of the hall again and waited, but all he was able to smell was the human and another unknown smell. No trace of GD.

Wufan decided to dress himself -he should always be presentable- and walked back into the kitchen. The human and an alien woman were just staring at the mess and still no trace of GD, so Wufan rushed to grab the man and asked the question he had been dying to ask ever since he got on this ship.

"Where is SeHun?!" Wufan shouted not being able to keep his calm as he gripped the short human's shirt to bring him to his eye level.

The human stuttered something and Wufan brought him closer to hear him but it didn't look like he was about to talk so Wufan asked again more gently. 

"Where is my little brother?"

The answer came this time but it wasn't what Wufan expected as he heard his name being called.

This voice.

Wufan slowly turned around and there he was.

"SeHun," Wufan whispered, too afraid that if he said it out loud he would wake up or something, but still, a faint smile took place on his sharp featured face.

"Wufan," SeHun sang back and finally the two hugged as they fell to the ground.

"I can't believe this," Wufan said only to be cut off by a female voice behind him.

"JunMyeon, are you OK? Let me see."

The raven-haired boy who was with the fiery-haired woman looked at Wufan with angry eyes but JunMyeon stopped him.

"It's not him, Tao-yah," the man stood up, "He actually saved me," and bowed to Wufan politely. "Thank you."

Wufan just stared and said nothing and Tao gave him the evil eye.

"We should go to my brother-in-law, see a doctor," the red head said, concerned, even though JunMyeon kept repeating that he was OK.

Wufan stood up with SeHun and scanned the room to identify each person: two Nereids and four humans. 

"Look, I'm fine," JunMyeon finally said a little annoyed. "Nobody needs a doctor."

"Oh, so nobody needs me?"

Everybody turned to the new arrival and Wufan stared again. He was of average size for a human but fair in many ways and Wufan could see by the lines of his collarbones that he was pretty well built under that V-neck shirt.

"Yixing," the chestnut-haired man gave a quick hug to the man before turning to everyone again. "I called him. Just in case."

His lips curved in the most curious way and it intrigued Wufan a little. The man called Yixing smiled too, showing a dimple, and that intrigued Wufan even more.

Since when did humans look so... decent?

Wufan quickly shook the thought away and whispered a 'Don't move' into his brother's ear before heading to the deck, where he found... nothing.

.

As he had feared, GD wasn't there. Wufan cursed some more and went back to the kitchen to grab this Krystal girl.

"Why didn't you kill him?"

The Nereid frowned and grabbed Wufan back, trying to burn him but it wouldn't work. Well it hurt, but nothing the Therianthrope couldn't handle with his healing skills. Wufan heard some protests behind him -he recognized JunMyeon and Tao's voice-, but ignored them.

"Those guys can teleport anywhere they have already been," Wufan explained angrily, still holding Krystal's collar tight. "Now that you let him get away, he can come back anytime, and with reinforcement. Do you have any idea what you have done?!"

"Wufan," SeHun grabbed his brother's arm in order to calm him and as much as Wufan was furious, he couldn't stand the concerned expression on SeHun's face so he let go of the Nereid.

"This is very serious," Wufan did his best to speak calmly. "All your lives are in danger now."

"Don't worry, we're used to it," the chestnut-haired man said and Wufan didn't know what he hated the most: the way he spoke so nonchalantly or that stupid smile he always had on his face. 

"I'm worried about SeHun," Wufan said coldly. "And honestly I'm wondering how you managed to protect him so far-"

"And we will protect him from now on too," the man cut Wufan and it just irritated the Therianthrope even further. 

But everyone nodded along at that last statement and looked more than determined and Wufan found himself once again thinking that human kind and any other species that believed in them were utterly stupid. The blond in the back had his head down though, and Yixing next to him was smiling, showing that dimple on his face again. 
Wufan finally met SeHun's eyes and his little brother was smiling too.

When was the last time he saw SeHun smiling?

Wufan hated to admit it, but SeHun had a new family now.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

I know I'm late again, but lately I've been more into drawing than writing so... Forgive me? x)

I drew
this and this !

I wanted to keep a pace of a chapter per week but I don't think I can u.u
Don't be mad, please, and be patient. > <

Thank you for reading!! I hope you guys still like it and see you next time!

xoxo~