seven

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s

Baby I just want you back

I want you back

I want you back

Baby I know it’s too late

It’s just too late

It’s just too late

 

If there’s something I want to change in my life that will be my relationship with her. My attitude towards her is the only thing in my life that I really want to change. It’s really true that something will not mean something to you unless it’s gone. She didn’t really go from my life completely but her heart is. She won’t have those same exact feelings towards me anymore. And I really miss that from her…

 

 

“Ah, you’re finally awake.”

 

 

I’m groaning for a while before I’m opening my eyes fully and the light quickly strikes into my eyes. I’m rubbing my eyes and then rubbing my temple lightly as the pain is coming back again. Woohyun is giving me a glass of water and I’m quickly drinking it. My throats are killing me and I don’t want to get another pain beside my head that’s bouncing and bouncing lightly.

 

 

“You’ve been pass out for about three hours. I thought something’s wrong with you.”

 

 

Three hours? I’m looking at my wrist watch and it’s already pass ten in the night. I should have finished something of the case that I handle before everything went blank. I don’t even remember how I end up on the couch anyway. “I guess I’m just overworked. That’s all.”

 

 

“Overworked?” Woohyun hissed before he’s sitting on a couch in front of me, “You’re not overworked. You’re burying yourself on those cases. I don’t even remember that you can work that hard since we were still new in here.”

 

 

“At least those cases distract my mind for a little while, Woohyun, you know that.”

 

 

I stand up from the couch and going straight into my desk before I’m flipping through the folder that I’ve been ignored for the last three hours. I handle four cases at the moment and I only ask Woohyun to help me instead giving the other cases to my team mates. I need a distraction and it’s really helping me out even though it’s killing my body. I don’t care as long as it distracts my mind.

 

 

“It’s about her, isn’t it?”

 

 

I feel a tug of pain on my chest while I’m staring at the folder for a while. Woohyun knew something is up between me and Naeun. He didn’t need me to tell him anything. He can read me anyway. It’s been more than a month since Naeun and Taemin got into a relationship. Naeun didn’t tell me anything about her relationship. She said that she didn’t dating Taemin at all, and she just seeing him a lot.

 

 

She brings him to our apartment one day and I end up going into my office since I don’t want to see her with him at all inside our place. Naeun get into a dates with him often even though she always remember our nights and she never skip it. She always calls me whenever she needs me and it reliefs me a little bit but it’s not the same. I need her more than she needs me.

 

 

I know one day that she will find someone else’s inside her life beside me, but I’m selfish, I really am. I want her for me only. I want her to be mine one more time.

 

 

I shook my head lightly before taking off my tie and working on my cases again. I don’t want to think about her at all; at least for a while. I don’t want to go to our apartment and thinking that she already has someone else beside me.

 

 

“Listen man, I’m here as your best friend and nothing more,” Woohyun starts to walk and sitting in front of me; and I know that it won’t be good, “She and Taemin are dating, she’s not telling you yet but as your friend, I do care about you, let her go. It’s not good for your body and mind. She’s not yours anymore. Stop claiming her.”

 

 

“I know.”

 

 

“I know? That’s what I only get?”

 

 

“Then what do you want?” I replied him while my eyes are focusing on the paper in front of me, “I know she’s not mine. But what do you expect me to do? I love her, Woohyun. For ing twelve years I’m always been with her all the time, and then one day he came out of nowhere and they ended up together? I never push her to love me again, never, but she can always found a way to break my heart.”

 

 

I’m finally letting all of my minds into Woohyun. He can judge me whenever he can think of but I will always love Naeun even if she ends up marrying someone else. She will always stay like that. I know that she got into a relationship with Taemin even if she didn’t say it to me. I know that.

 

 

“I know I ed up man, but I don’t know what to do.”

 

 

“You will find a way man, I know that.” Woohyun stands up from his seat, “I will go grab both of us a coffee, and we both need that to finish these cases.”

 

 

I nodded my head lightly as I’m taking my phone from my pocket. I’ve been turning that phone off for almost a day since its Thursday and I know that Naeun will look for me. It’s our night and I’m not even in the mood to stay in the same room as her. I need to clear my mind for a while or I will throw tantrum at her without her knowing anything.

 

 

I heard a knock on my door and I see Taemin getting inside my office. Great, the last person that I want to see right now and he’s standing in front of me. He’s getting inside before he’s sitting in front of me and giving me some papers before I’m taking a look at it. “That’s the cases that you gave us last week and I’m already sorted it out. The court for them will be held on the weekend, Prosecutor Kim.”

 

 

I nodded my head before I put the paper beside me, “Yeah, you can go now.”

 

 

I’m trying to not sound harsh but I don’t want to end up yelling at him because he got the girl that I really want in my life. He’s nodding his head before he’s starting to speak again. “Do you have anything that we can work on for you, Prosecutor Kim? The rest of the team are having some late snacks and maybe we can help you out with something.”

 

 

Now he’s really kind to me, how do I yell up at him anyway? “No, I get this on my hand. All of you can go home if you want.”

 

 

“Alright, Prosecutor Kim.”

 

 

He’s standing up on his seat before he’s turning his head on me again. I know he’s about to saying something about Naeun but he didn’t know how to speak to me. He knows that I’ve got some relationship with Naeun that probably she can’t tell to him. I’m confused about our relationship as well. “Do you have something to say to me, Prosecutor Lee?”

 

 

“Yeah, it’s about Naeun…” He replied me, “What’s your relationship with her?”

 

 

“She’s the one that I’m going to marry.”

 

 

“Wh-What?”

 

 

“Well, I thought about that at first. I thought that she’s the one that I’m going to marry, but not anymore. Why? Do you have something going on with her anyway?”

 

 

Taemin is looking rather confused before he’s sitting in front of me again. I know that I shouldn’t have telling him at all about my relationship with her anyway. But it’s better now than later. He will found it anyway. “Well…I’m in sort of relationship with her and it seems like both of you are having a strong relationship that I never knew.”

 

 

I’m nodding my head lightly. People can’t understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter