three

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Naeun’s

people smile with an effort, hiding the truth

as if they're happy

while hiding the lie in the word love

as if it will be forever

 

 

“Myungsoo…Kim Myungsoo! YAH!” I slap the man beside me who’s now already in a deep slumber before I’m kicking his feet lightly. How dare him sleeping inside my room when both of us are watching my favorite TV show? “Wake up!”

 

 

I heard a groaning sound from the man who’s now already awake and he’s rubbing his eyes lightly. Finally he’s already awake from his sleeping or I’ll be totally mad with him. “Are you done?” I heard him mumbling something before he’s straightened up his pace and looking at me.

 

 

“How can you sleeping like that when we are supposed to watch this show together?” I shouted back, “And you’re just sleeping there soundly when I asked you something.”

 

 

“I’m sorry, okay….” He replied me back before he’s ruffling his hair. “I’m tired…Sunggyu came over to my house last night and both of us played some games until it past midnight…I’m sorry.”

 

 

Myungsoo is looking at me before he squeezes my hand. “So…what are you talking about?”

 

 

“Do you remember which day tomorrow is?” I ask him while he’s rolling his eyes. I bet he’s forgotten but tomorrow is our first year anniversary! He shouldn’t forget that, right?

 

 

“…Saturday?” He’s answering right away while I slump my shoulder in defeated. See? I told you that he won’t remember it.

 

 

I keep in silent before I’m turning on the TV once again and watch the show again. Myungsoo is just ruining my day when I’m already planned everything for tomorrow. I’m going to bake him some cake when I know that I really am bad at cooking but I’ll try to make him happy. He’s my boyfriend after all. But he doesn’t care anything about us.

 

 

“Do you want to go on a date with me tomorrow?” I heard him talk before I turn my head towards his; he’s already smiling widely before he’s ruffling my hair. “You don’t think that I’ll forget about our anniversary right?”

 

 

I’m staring at him blankly before I shook my head lightly. I feel embarrassed right now as I’m already have a bad thought when I know he will never let me down in any way. He’s smiling towards me again before he took my hand and caresses it lightly, “I will pick you up at ten, and we will go tomorrow.”

 

 

I nod my head quickly before smiling towards him again. He does surely can make me having a thousand butterflies flying in my head in just a split of second.

 

 

“Naeun…Naeun-ah…”

 

 

I feel a tug on my shoulder before I turn my head to the side when I see Eunji is already standing beside me with some papers on her hand. I’m smiling lightly when I’m being caught thinking something and day dreaming when the shop is being filled with some people. “Ah…I’m sorry Eunji-ya…what’s wrong?”

 

 

“There’s another costumer who’s asking to fix something on her wedding dress…” Eunji is giving me the papers she’s been holding before I took a look on the paper and nod my head lightly, “The costumer is Park Sandara. She said that the wedding dress didn’t fit her perfectly, and she wants us to fix it since the wedding is two days from now.”

 

 

“Two days?” I’m looking at Eunji for a while before he nods his head. I know its costumer’s privilege to ask for something to get fixed but when it comes to two days only, it’s just too hard. Even I can’t do that either. I’m taking a look on a shoot of her wearing the wedding dress that I made since a month ago when I notice that the dress it too big for her.

 

 

“Alright…I will fix it today, you can work on the other dress, thank you Eunji-ya.”

 

 

Eunji nods her head before she’s walking outside the room and walking towards the costumer who’s looking on a dress on a display. I’m sighed in defeat before I’m leaning on the seat. I’m really tired these days since we got so many orders for the wedding dress. I bet this month, a lot of people are getting married and it’s just getting hectic.

 

 

I’ve been running the shop for four years in total since I just graduate from college and the shop turned out well. I’m making the shop by myself at first before Eunji joined me, and Namjoo come at last. I never hired people that I’m not comfortable with their design since it’s just going to make me having a hard time. That’s why I’m only hiring two people.

 

 

I’m rubbing my forehead lightly before I remembered about Myungsoo is going to have some dinner with his team. I know some people on his team, especially Woohyun since he’s always told me about his team and his work as well. But…Suzy? I never heard him mentioned her name before. Who is she? Is she a newbie on his team and he forgot to tell me anything about her? Or…is she his girlfriend?

 

 

I shook my head lightly as I know that Myungsoo probably won’t get into relationship without telling me first about the woman he dated. I know as well, that some women are keeping their eyes on Myungsoo…like how can they didn’t do that?

 

 

Myungsoo is beyond perfect, everyone knows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter