two

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Myungsoo’s

 

Is there another fool like me too?

Who gives all and smiles even when everything is lost?

A fool, fool, is there a fool like me?

 

I groaned in my bed as soon as I heard my phone is ringing, which means that it’s already seven in the morning. I can’t sleep last night due to the sudden email from Woohyun that said there’s another file that I had to look before morning reached. I’m rubbing my eyes lightly before I turn my head to the side when I notice that I’m not sleeping in my own room. I’m sleeping on Naeun’s room. Her rooms filled with anything but red and black color since she said that there’s nothing comfortable beside those colors.

 

 

I like black as much as she loves black. We have so many commons from food until color, even our same clothing lines. We both love simple clothes. Naeun and I have grown up together so reading her is like I’m reading a book, nothing beats me when it comes to Naeun, and so does she. She can reads me really well even though I didn’t say a word.

 

 

I’m pulling the blanket over my body before I’m putting on my slippers and walking outside the room and through the stairs before I reached my room which is being placed at the right side of the stairs. I’m opening the door lightly and notice that Naeun didn’t wake up yet. Probably she’s still sleepy. I’m not blaming her though, she barely sleeps due to the hectic weeks she had on her shop.

 

 

I’m closing the door silently before I’m walking to her and seeing her face. Yeah, she’s still sleeping. I’m going through my bathroom and took a quick shower. I put on my suit and a tie as well before I’m walking to the kitchen to make some breakfast for us. Naeun loves salad and some toast breads for her breakfast and not to mention a chamomile tea as well.

 

 

I prepared everything before I eat the breakfast in a quick speed and left a note for Naeun so she doesn’t have to make a breakfast for herself.

 

 

I prepared a breakfast for you.

 

 

I’m making my way through my car and drive to the office where I worked, and quickly dozed off through my room where I quickly being greeted by none other than Woohyun. He’s already sitting on my chair and flipping through the files before I greet him, “Good morning to you.”

 

 

“Ah, Myungsoo!” Woohyun turned his chair—or my chair to be exact—before he’s greet me back, “Good morning and you are late again.”

 

 

“Sorry, I overslept.” I’m walking to my desk and put my bag on my desk before I took the files that I’ve been prepared last night. “Are they waiting?”

 

 

“Yeah, they’re already in here since thirty minutes ago…but it’s okay,” Woohyun replied me back, “They’re your juniors anyway, they will wait.”

 

 

I’m smiling lightly before I’m making my way through the conference room which is being placed next to my room and Woohyun is following me from behind. I’m getting inside and they’re quickly standing up and bowing their heads lightly to me. “Sorry I’m late,” I’m making my way through the front when I see Woohyun is taking a seat next to me, “So, what did you get, Youngjae-ssi?”

 

 

“Ah, yes, Prosecutor Kim,” The boy name Yoo Youngjae is already getting up from his seat and reading a text that he brought before. “The murderer for Mr.Yoon is already being caught and he’s already in an investigation room. And his name is Jang Dongwoo.”

 

 

“Mr.Yoon?” I nod my head lightly, “Good. You can interrogate him later once we’re done. Now, next Chanyeol-ssi?”

 

 

Chanyeol is already standing up from his seat before Youngjae interrupted him. I turn my head to see Youngjae once again that’s already rising up from his seat. “I’m sorry, Prosecutor Kim…but Jang Dongwoo won’t talk unless he’s being interrogated by you.”

 

 

“What—Yah, Yoo Youngjae, you’re already been in here for two years and you can’t make him talk?!”

 

 

I turned my head to see Woohyun who’s already slamming the table with his hand and I can see that Youngjae is already flinched a little. I know it’s odd for someone like Jang Dongwoo knew my name even though I haven’t seen him even just a glimpse.

 

 

“I know you’re an intern, but for God’s sake!”

 

 

Woohyun is already talking and getting annoyed once again before I stopped him, “Enough.” I turn my head to see Youngjae before I nod my head lightly, “I’ll go talk to him. Now, Chanyeol.”

 

 

I see Youngjae is bowing his head and he’s already sitting back on his seat and I’m giving my focus on Chanyeol. Chanyeol is a newbie in here, since he’s just fresh graduate and his grades is good, above the average. And not to mention, his tall and deep voice helps him a lot. “Ah, Mr.Kim Sunggyu’s case is already finished and we will process this case to the court in two days.”

 

 

“Good.” I nod my head lightly before I flip my papers and turn my head to the last members on my team, which is a girl. Park Chorong. “Chorong-ssi, how about a case of Mr.Bang Yongguk?”

 

 

“His case is still on the same spot, Prosecutor Kim. We can’t identify the murderer since we found nothing on his body. We’re still looking for some evidence right now.”

 

 

I turn my head to see, a little petite girl who’s sitting across Youngjae before I turn my eyes to see Mr.Bang’s case. I know his case is a little bit difficult for her to handle, but it’s not like she can’t do it. She’s already on a team for three years which means her skill is above the others. I flip the page and read the summary before I turn my head to see Woohyun who’s reading the case as well.

 

 

“Fine. I will make Woohyun to help you with the case. His murderer won’t be far away since he just got stabbed last night. I want both of you to solve this matter and report me on the progress.”

 

 

Woohyun turn his head to see me before I’m giving him a glare. I know he got a bad relationship with Chorong since she rejected his feelings, and Woohyun can’t handle it like a man. Putting both of them on the same case is like killing them softly, but it won’t hurt to try. “That’s it for today.”

 

 

I’m standing up from my seat before I turn my head to see Youngjae that’s cleaning up his papers. “Youngjae-ssi, come with me.”

 

 

I can see him nodding his head lightly before I’m making my ways towards the investigation room which is being placed on the basement to make them hard to escape. Youngjae is following me from behind before we reached the room. “I’ll go and talk to him. Make sure to record everything behind the glass. Got it?”

 

 

“Yes, Prosecutor Kim.”

 

 

I see Youngjae walking to the next room before I’m getting inside. The person inside the room is flinched a little and turned his head towards me. I’m taking a seat in front of him before I’m scanning him lightly. He’s not that tall and he’s skinny. He got a tattoo on his neck, and his eyes are looking through me with an intense gaze.

 

 

“So, Mr.Jang Dongwoo-ssi?” I started to talk before I read his files,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter