one

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s

 

Anything is fine, if I could keep you right beside me

Your face is so beautiful like a sculpture

When I look at you I freeze like a statue

My superstar, you’re one butterfly

 

“Prosecutor Kim!”

 

 

I turn my head slightly a bit to the back when I see Woohyun is coming towards me with a bunch of file on his hand. I’ve just finished the case about murderer that’s happening a week ago, and I won the case. At least the murderer got punished for five years when I asked the judge for seven years. “What’s wrong? I thought you’re already going home?”

 

 

“Of course not! You won the case again, so we will celebrate it tonight!”

 

 

I smile a little bit while my hands are busy putting everything back inside my bag. Papers, files of the cases that I still need to look over later at home. “It’s not like we just won the case for the first time.”

 

 

“But, it’s different!” I can hear clearly that Woohyun won’t let me go that easily. “You won the case against Choi Minho, one of the greatest lawyer in the country! We should celebrate it!”

 

 

“I skip it. I’ve got something to do tonight.”

 

 

Woohyun tilt his head to the side before he’s leaning on my desk. Woohyun is looking on me for a while before he scoffed for a while. I know that he must be thinking something else. His brain is working really fast, he can analyze everything in just a split of second, that’s why he become one of the best detective in the country.

 

 

Woohyun and I have been working along together for almost five years since I’m coming to this office. I thought at first, it was weird to see that a detective is working with a prosecutor when you know that detective should work with a police. But Woohyun is the exception. He works in here with bunch of prosecutor and a lawyer as well.

 

 

“What are you thinking?” I finally let out a words since his stares are finally bothering me, “I can see it clearly, Woohyun-ah.”

 

 

“I bet you’re having another plan with her, am I correct?”

 

 

“She has name, Woohyun...” I shooted back, “And her name is Naeun.”

 

 

“I know Myungsoo, what did you get this time?” Woohyun is putting his hand on his waist while I’m putting on my coat. Woohyun already know everything, even my feelings for her. “Movie? Dinner? Going out to mall?”

 

 

“We’re having a dinner, happy now?”

 

 

I’m getting my bag before I’m walking towards the door while I can hear it clearly that Woohyun is shouting my name from a far. I don’t even bothering to turn my body towards him because I know that Woohyun will scold me everything. He know that I got a feelings for her, and I don’t have any courage to say that to her.

 

 

Because everything is better to keep by yourself.

 

 

I move my body towards my car before I drove my car towards the apartment where I’ve been stayed for these couple years. The apartment is not that big but it got two floors, that it’s match perfectly for us. It’s placed not that far from the city, and to be noted it’s not that far from  the place where I work as well. I parked my car in front of the building before I’m going straight towards my room.

 

 

I turn on the light before I’m taking off my coat and put my bag inside the room before I’m going back towards the kitchen. I have to make something tonight, for my special dinner with her. At least, I’m the one thinking that it’s special while I don’t know if she’s thinking the same.

 

 

I got the apron before I took the ingredients that I’ve already bought yesterday and started chopping everything that I need to make the food for our dinner. It’s already been our routine, Monday is movie night, and Thursday is our special dinner. We will make sure to always keep that in mind, and never skip the day. There was times, when I forgot to have a movie night with her, and she’s surely mad at me, even never talked with me again.

 

 

We’re not a couple. We’re not the couple that always staying by each other’s side. I know it’s weird, but we’re just friends, and we’ve been getting used to the fact that we’ve been together for almost twelve years and it’s just weird to not having her around me. It’s like she’s the air that I need to breather, and without her I’m nothing. She’s special to me, everything to me.

 

 

“Myungsoo!! Kim Myungsoo!!”

 

 

I turn my head slightly to the side when I can see it clearly that she’s walking inside my class and before I can move back my body she’s already sitting in front of me. She’s smiling cheerfully, before I’m turning back my attention to the comic that I’ve read before she barged in.

 

 

“You’re not going to talk to me? Yah, your girlfriend is in here and you’re not talking to me?”

 

 

I’m looking at her slightly a little bit before I’m smiling lightly. “What is it right now?” I’m finally closing the comic that I’ve been reading before I’m giving my full concentration on a beautiful girl in front of me. “Tell me.”

 

 

“My friend is asking me to bring you along to eat lunch together! What do you think?”

 

 

I’m staring at her lovingly befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter