eleven

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Naeun’s

There’s no you even though I go to eat

There’s no you even though I go to the movies

There’s nothing of us

There’s really nothing

 

 

I’m groaning up lightly as the sun is quickly rising and it’s going straight into my eyes. I’m trying to wake up as I’m rubbing my head. The pain is still visible there as I’m drinking lot cans of beers as I thought that’s the only way that I can think clearly that I didn’t make a mistake for accepting Taemin’s propose. I never seen my future with him, it feels like something is clearly pulling my heart. I know it clearly my heart isn’t one hundred percent for him.

 

 

I’m standing up from my bed as I’m staring myself on the mirror. I look pale, there’s a huge black shadow under my eyes. I’m not myself anymore. I’m getting skinnier each day as I’m not getting my appetite anymore since he changed. I’m not longer me. My hair is in a mess and I’m not even bothering to fix it. I lose everything that I desire to do since the day Taemin step into my life.

 

 

And mostly how do I tell Myungsoo that I’m going to get married with Taemin? Is he going to accept it? Even if he said no…I will gladly refused the marriage since Myungsoo is more important to me. He’s so much more important for me than Taemin. I barely know Taemin while I know Myungsoo for almost half of my life.

 

 

I’m leaving out a heavy sighed as I’m grabbing my phone and there’s a few missed calls and messages as well. Two missed calls from Taemin, one missed calls from Eunji. While the messages it’s all from Taemin, asked me where I am and am I waking up already. There are no missed calls or any messages from Myungsoo. I looked at the clock on my phone and it’s already ten in the morning. I’m already late for my work, and I’m not in the mood as well.

 

 

I’m not going to the shop today; take care of it for me. Thanks.

 

 

I texted a simple message for Eunji before I press the send button and I’m going to take a shower. Changing my oversized t-shirt with a simple yellow dress and I put on my black blazer as well. I’m going to the kitchen and grab a box of cereal before I pour it down on the bowl and adding some milk as well. I’m having my late brunch before I put the bowl on the sink and making a mental note that I will wash it later after I’m coming back home.

 

 

The apartment is empty with only me that is inside it. The apartment that we bought it quite spacious as it got two floors and Myungsoo is filling downstairs while I’m using the room that’s upstairs. I’m taking a deep breath as I’m opening Myungsoo’s room and it’s empty as usual without him on it. The bed is tidied up as it’s been a long time since he slept there.

 

 

The room smells like him. I miss him. I want to talk to him so bad like today. I want to know everything or what’s actually going on with him. Something is wrong and I don’t know what. I’m sitting on his bed as I’m hugging his pillow and dialing Myungsoo’s number. I waited for a while but there’s no response from him. Should I’m going to his office and talking with him in there?

 

 

I’m standing up from my seat before I’m going towards my room and grabbing my bag. I’m putting my wallet and my phone inside the bag before I’m grabbing my coat that’s hanging near the door. It’s still winter after all. I’m quickly catching a taxi and ask him to go towards Myungsoo’s office. He should been there, where else he would go except in there, right?

 

 

I’m paying the driver once I get there, and I’m quickly making my way inside the office. I’ve been here two times and it’s not easy to forget as Myungsoo’s office isn’t that big, it only has four floors and Myungsoo’s office is placed on the second floor. I’m going straight into there before I bumped into a tall man and I landed perfectly on his chest.

 

 

I’m groaning lightly when I notice that it’s Chanyeol. I have talk to him once when I got here with Myungsoo. He looks at me apologetically while I’m rubbing my forehead. It’s quite hurt actually. “Are you alright, Naeun-ssi?”

 

 

He asked me bewared before I shook my head, “No, it’s okay. I’m sorry I didn’t watch where I’m going.”

 

 

“Are you here to meet Prosecutor Kim?” Yes, straight to the point and he’s not stammering anymore. I nod my head, “Yeah, is he in here?”

 

 

“Well, I don’t know actually. Prosecutor Kim has been busy these couple weeks with Detective Nam. He should have been in his office.”

 

 

I mouthed him a thank you before I’m going straight into his office. I don’t want Taemin to see me in here as he’s already asked me to forget about Myungsoo and start a new life with him as his wife. But I just need to know something first to make sure of it before I can move on. I knock on the door lightly before I heard someone’s asking me to come inside, but I know for sure it’s not Myungsoo.

 

 

“Ms.Son?”

 

 

I close the door again when I see that it’s Woohyun who’s asking me to come inside. I’m looking around but Myungsoo is nowhere to be seen. “Where is Myungsoo?”

 

 

“He’s out for a moment,” He replied me shortly, “What are you doing in here?”

 

 

He gestured me to take a seat on a couch inside the office. The office is changed a little as there’s another desk beside Myungsoo which I know now that it’s belong to Woohyun. I remembered it that there’s no Woohyun’s desk on his office room the last time I got here. I take a sit on the couch before he offered me a drink, “Tea please.”

 

 

He nods his head before he’s grabbing me a cup of tea and set it down in front of me. “When will Myungsoo come back here?”

 

 

“He will be back after lunch I guess.” He looks at me, “Is there something wrong between both of you?”

 

 

“No, I just want to talk to him.”

 

 

I’m not that fond of Woohyun. His eyes are looking at me like a hawk, watching me closely like I’m going to do something stupid. But he’s always been watching me since Myungsoo introduced me to him four years ago. I know that he’s the only close friend that Myungsoo had beside Sungyeol-his friend since he’s in elementary school-.

 

 

“Is that a ring on your thumb?”

 

 

He’s looking at my thumb before I’m trying to hide it under my bag. I totally forgot that I’m still using Taemin’s ring since the last night he proposed me. Last night, I felt that this ring is really fit mine but right now all I want is just to take off this ring as it’s getting heavier and heavier right now. He’s still looking at me, “Well?”

 

 

“Yes, it’s a ring.” I replied him, there’s nothing to hide from him anyway. He will keep bugging me as it’s his habit. “I got it as a present.”

 

 

“A present? Are you sure Ms.Son?”

 

 

“Stop calling me that. You can call me by my name.” I look at him, “Yes, why would I lie to you?”

 

 

“You can fool Myungsoo but not me, Naeun-ssi…there’s something more than just a ring. There’s not any girl that will wear a man’s ring on her thumb. What the heck is that ring supposed to mean?”

 

 

He’s staring me like a hawk and I’m his victim today. I know that Woohyun can be intimidating me sometimes as I know when I talked with him couple of times back then. He can casually talks with Myungsoo, but he’s not doing that to me. We’re not the same ages as Woohyun is older by me one year, but he talks casually with him because he said that there’s no use of u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter