five

Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s

Nothing ever last forever

in the end, you changed

There is no reason, no sincerity

Take away such thing as love

Tonight, I'll be crooked

 

People are greedy. And counting me in as well, because I’m totally greedy for something even though I’m already have that. The perfect person that will probably making me the happiest man in the world, but that’s me, I’m never feel enough with what I’m already have. And that’s only making me miserable than before.

 

 

“Myungsoo....what are—“

 

 

I turn my head to the side when I see Naeun is standing on my door with her bag was down on the floor. Her eyes are getting teary and I know that I’m making a deep right now. Not because I’m in front of her, but I’m hugging another girl in front of her. I can’t even make a sound before I see her already running away from my house, “!”

 

 

I’m quickly releasing my body from her before I’m running to get Naeun. I need to explain everything to her even though I know she won’t believe me. I run as fast as I can even I don’t wear any shoes just to get her stop running away from me. I don’t want to see her back that’s getting further away from my life.

 

 

“NAEUN!!”

 

 

I grab her hand as soon as I get her, spun her around, and locking her into my hands. I don’t want to see her run again. She’s looking at me before she’s slapping me hard without saying anything and tears are rolling down from her eyes. And that’s the last time I want to see her crying because of me. Because it hurts me twice than it hurts herself.

 

 

“Wedding, huh?”

 

 

I look at Naeun that’s staring blankly on the road in front of her. We both are eating an ice cream near the cafe that we had lunch before. She’s having her vanilla ice cream since it’s her favorite, and chocolate for me. I’m smiling lightly before taking a bite of my ice cream again, “Yeah. We’re getting pretty old, don’t you think?”

 

 

“I’m a wedding dress’ designer....but I never think of wedding for me.” Naeun is laughing lightly, “It’s pretty weird, right?”

 

 

I’m healing a deep breath as I’m nodding lightly. Naeun is not that type of girl that will think about her wedding day. She’s girly, she likes high heels, she likes nice and pretty dress, but she’s never come across about making a real commitment with someone, I know that clearly because she will probably scared about that since what happened with her parents.

 

 

Her broken family is the reason she can’t open up her heart that easily towards someone. It took me more than a year to finally she can see that I will not do harm towards her heart….but I broke that as well. I’m not gonna lie that I still had that exact same feelings like before.

 

 

“We’re getting pretty old, right?”

 

 

She’s laughing lightly while is busy eating her ice cream. “No, we’re not.” She’s looking at me, and those dark brown eyes captivated me once again. “We’re mature.”

 

 

“I’m getting mature, but you are not.”

 

 

“What?” She’s smacking my arms once before she’s pouting , and I swear to God I really want to kiss those lips again. “I’m mature enough. I’m twenty seven years old and turning twenty eight in five months.”

 

 

“Really? I still see your favorite teddy bear on the top of your bed. I thought you’re throwing it away because you can’t stand being humiliated in front of your classmates.”

 

 

“You do not!” She’s quickly blushing the moment I mentioned her favorite teddy bear. It’s always been her favorite one since her mother gave it to her when she was five years old, and that teddy bear reminds her about her mother even though it’s just a little bit. “How can you come into my room?”

 

 

“I didn’t come. I sleep on your bed.” I’m smiling lightly, “Who’s the one that’s sleeping on my bed first? I can’t and I don’t want to sleep on a couch. And you really need to tidy up your room. Like really need.”

 

 

 “Alright, alright. I will. But I’m still mad at you!” She’s laughing hard. And I really like it when I heard her laugh. At least I’m the one that makes her laugh. “Do you have any plan today?”

 

 

“Nope. It’s Saturday, what do you expect me to do?”

 

 

“I thought you have a lot of cases to do.” She shrugs her shoulder, “Well, if you’re not busy, do you want to go see movie? There’s a new movie I’m dying to see.”

 

 

“What kind of movie? Don’t tell me it’s all about cheesy romantic drama.”

 

 

“No, it’s not! It’s action movie.” She smiles lightly and begging me to watch a movie with her. Even if you don’t beg, I will gladly going on with you. I nod my head before standing up, “Sure. Come on.”

 

 

I’m about to walk towards my car that’s parked not far from where I’m standing before my phone is ringing and there’s a new message. And it’s none other than Nam Woohyun.

 

 

Where are you? Chorong is throwing things towards me again and I don’t understand why. Come here or I will not be able to finish this case. ASAP!

 

 

What the hell? Why now, out of the blue when I’m about to go with Naeun? Stupid Woohyun for not be able to take care of Chorong. She’s not giving any harm anyway. Well, not to me, I supposed.

 

 

I can’t. I had plans.

 

 

I reply his message in short but not in a while he replied me back. I know Woohyun won’t let me go that easily.

 

 

I thought we are best friend? Is that what best friend supposed to do? I help you with everything; I support you with Naeun….is that how you treated your best friend?

 

 

Seriously Nam Woohyun? He’s making me feeling guilty again. Why he has to do it this way? I’m rubbing my forehead before I’m typing and reply his message again.

 

 

Fine. But I won’t be long in there. You better solved this one with Chorong once I get there.

 

 

I’m leaving out a heavy sighed before he’s replying my message…and it’s making me throw up right away.

 

 

Thanks babe! I love you so much, Kim Myungsoo!

 

 

He’s getting weirder and weirder since Chorong dumped him and rejected his feelings, and now I’m the one who’s suffering because of his stupid action. I’m putting my phone on my pocket, not even bothering to reply his message. I feel a tug on my shirt when I see Naeun is standing behind me, and she’s looking curious because I’m just standing in front of my car without getting inside.

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

“It’s Woohyun.” I replied her, “He needs my help on the office. He had some issues over there.”

 

 

“Really? Then, we can’t watch a movie?” She’s looking at me but I shake my head. Of course I’m going to choose her over Woohyun. There’s no way that I will let this one pass and slip off from my hand. “No, it won’t take long. Probably twenty minutes. You can come to my office, and after that we’re going straight to cinem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter