When Our Hands Take Control of the Raging War Inside of Us, It's a Storm that Sweeps the World.

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You heard it whistling in the air until the impact’s sound was heard. The blond demon gasped at the pain but you knew you had missed it. You had missed his heart by just a few millimeters. He wouldn’t stop moving so it would have been a real miracle if you had hit your target exactly at this spot. Besides, you knew a simple arrow wouldn’t be able to end it for him. It would have been too easy. Your purpose was simply to weaken him so Jimin would have his chances. You had been able to do that. Because your arrows were poisoned. Because they were made of pure silver.

“Nice shot” Xiumin grinned, remembering the effect such a weapon had had on him last time.

“Thanks” you smirked “You guys go ahead, I’ve got your back” you nodded as you eyed the nearest tree and pounced in its direction. They didn’t wait any longer and ran toward the badly injured others who were still struggling courageously despite their tired bodies. Quickly climbing up your tree, you stood on one of the highest branches. It wasn’t as thick as the others but you managed to remain quite stable. The foliage was partly covering your figure so your friends and their opponents could hardly spot you. On the contrary, you had the whole scene in sight and that was your purpose. Thus, it was easy for you to protect the others from here. You weren’t stupid enough to blindly jump into the lion’s cage. Your powers were still bridled and you couldn’t do nothing but defend yourself using the remnants of others’ attacks. You intended to inflict them some damages before stepping into the real fight. Your eyes came back on Jimin and you witnessed his foot powerfully flying to reach his opponent’s head. The demon growled due to the pain and stepped back a bit for a few seconds. He cautiously pulled the arrow out of his wound with a heavy wince. You saw his clasped jaw, his clenched fist and his tensed body. He was ready to strike Jimin and without any surprise, his fist flew toward Jimin’s stomach. The other managed to block the upcoming attack with his good arm and the blond demon didn’t see his feet forcefully ram against his chest, making him fall backwards a few meters away. As you concluded Jimin would be okay for now, your eyes drifted to the nearest people. The Jianhuren’s fights were quite impressive. You now noticed to what extent they had hold back their powers during your training sessions. The clearing seemed to be subjected to different temporal realities as some parts were covered with black ashes due to Chanyeol’s destructive fire, and some others were either crystallized by Xiumin’s ice or flooded by Suho’s water. You were sometimes blinded by lightning and light balls as Chen and Baekhyun were struggling against four surprisingly fast others demons… who looked totally similar. You even witnessed Sehun using an ability you had never saw him displaying before as strong gusts of wind sent several of the enemies helplessly waltz against some near trees. As to Tao and Kris, they seemed to have prefered the unarmed combat; Kris must not have wanted to destroy the whole place because he would remain the only survivor and Tao’s ability wasn’t really the most effective one in this type of battle. It wasn’t really important however, since the two of them were excellent fighter. They didn’t need you to interfere for now, even if they were getting hit by the opposite side as equally. You averted your head to the North Circle and saw some of them were having a hard time. Myungsoo, Sungjong, Sungyeol and Sunggyu were not really nice to see. Their bloody cuts decorating their arms and theirs faces weren’t either. What alarmed you the most though was their blood-stained clothes. They were back to back, attempting to get rid of their adversaries who were shamelessly encircling them. You recognized three of the demons who were still fighting with Chen and Baekhyun. You did a double take in utter confusion. Were they septuplets or what? Suddenly, realization dawned on you. The seven of them were in fact one and only demon.

“Duplication, huh?” you whispered while quickly aiming at one of them as the distance between their two groups lessened dangerously.

As your arrow successfully reached the spot in between his two eyes, the demon fell to the ground and turned into dust. A few seconds faded away and soon enough, the two other clones disappeared as broken holograms. The four Jägers were left with only one demon to deal with. Sunggyu and Sungyeol decided to take care of him while Myungsoo and Sungjong went to help Hoya and Dongwoo who weren’t as injured as the four others.

You let your eyes wander carefully around the place and noticed one muscular demon was trying to reach Chanyeol from behind with an electric orb. You took a hold of another arrow and nocked it to your bow before releasing it with all your strength without even bothering to aim the target, which emitted a loud sound due to the sudden stinging pain in the middle of his back and fall forward. Chanyeol turned around and caught sight of your arrow planted in the boy’s back. He winked thankfully in your direction and took a hold of the other’s collar, making him stand up rashly. Sehun trapped Fire Boy’s previous adversary into a perilous tornado, playing a bit with his new found prey, before the demon came crashing violently against the ground. You blinked at this displaying of violence. Not that you were not used to it, but it surprised you since the whole action was coming from Sehun himself. Sehun who was always very calm. You had assumed the boy was rather fragile but you were wrong. He was at least as equally strong as the others Jianhuren. And as you saw his vengeful expression, you knew why he was so fierce. They were the one who took away his parents. He had been right earlier. And they were also likely to be the Hunters who killed Jinho’s parents. These thoughts made you grind your teeth and growled out of anger as you powerfully clenched your fist.

You had counted ten of them. However, you only noticed nine demons right now. Suddenly, your eyes glimpsed a tall figure standing still in the middle of the fights, totally unfazed by the commotion he was surrounded by. As you became aware he was looking right into your eyes, your narrowed your own. Your anger took the upper hand on your body once again and totally ignoring the few meters that separated you from the ground, you bent your legs in order to take some momentum and jumped out off your perch, doing a front flip so your landing wouldn’t be too violent. You landed securely on the ground with one knee to the ground and your hand touching the floor. You sighed as your long and curly hair were no longer tied into your previous loose bun. You met eyes with Suho who had been alerted by the sudden sound of your fall. You offered him a smile and he nodded, obviously relieved you were okay. You ran your hand through your hair to prevent them from falling in front of your face while staring at the spot where the demon was supposed to be. Right in front of you. But there was nobody. You slowly stood up and cautiously turned your head in different directions, your body tensed and ready to attack if necessary.

“A falling cat always lands on its feet” a masculine voice said from behind you.

You abruptly turned around and faced the demon, casually leaning against a tree, arms crossed with a flirtatious smile. It was hard for you to convince yourself that this guy in front of you was a Hunter. The flawlessness of his face seemed almost unreal and for a few seconds, you even doubted he was actually here. But he was. You knew he doubtlessly was right in front of you as you perceived the Jianhuren’s uneasy glances in your direction. They were fighting two or three meters away from you so you were able to sense their worried aura better than before. You assumed by his confident attitude that he must be the leader.

“But I’m not a cat” you replied, staring back at him as you purposely entered his game.

“Really? You look like one, though…” he smirked slyly “A cute little redhead kitten” he pointed out playfully as he parted from the tree and stepped forward to your spot in the middle of the clearing, hands in pocket.

“Are you insinuating that I’m an easy prey?” you cocked your head with the same sly smile he was giving you.

“Well, you fell into my trap…” he raised his brow at you, relishing in your confused expression.

He came to a stop just in front of you and raised his hand, smiling widely at you. A few heavy seconds passed by before he snapped his fingers. All of a sudden, your surrounding wavered and became blurry. Your eyes widened as you looked around you, oblivious to what was happening. Slowly, a whole new scenery replaced the previous one. You weren’t in the clearing anymore. Everything around you was calm and colorful. A field. A flower field. The sky was bright blue and decorated with a few white and fluffy clouds. The air was fragrant and the sunrays warmed up your skin. It felt so comfortable. So heaven-like. So… illusory.

“What a beautiful trap” you said sarcastically.

“Isn’t it?” a voice met your ears but it echoed all around you, as a lost boomerang, preventing you from finding its source.

Illusion. That was his ability. The person you had seen standing in the middle of the clearing wasn’t real. He had always been under your tree. He had always known you were up there. Since the second arrow you had released. But he thought you were hiding. And he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter