Feeling Good

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here you were, in front of the Jägers’ lair, near the edge of the forest. It was an old, big, wooden house which had belonged to the former hunters, your ancestors. It was like a second home. This house was bequeathed across generations. However, it was also in one of these houses that stood the Board meetings, even if it was a rare thing, the only two mobiles justifying a meeting being the New Binomials' Celebration or an extreme situation. Each group of Jägers -which were referred as 'Circles'- owned one.

There were four distinct Circles distinguished according to their geographical positions. Yours was the North Circle. The Board was the upper organisation composed of each Circles' Heads, plus the previous generations of Jägers and some influential people who sustained the Hunters. Kim Sunggyu, as the Leader of your Circle, represented the North. Most of the time, everyone called it 'The Council' rather than 'The Board'. It sounded less solemn and arrogant.  Council Members kept Hunters under control to prevent any faux-pas. They had to be aware of any unusual events so they would be able to react in case of crisis. 

Speaking about Sunggyu, he was the person you came for. You turned off your device and put it back in your jacket’s pocket before opening the wooden door on front of you which permitted to access the huge hall.. You could already hear your Circle members' voices and laughter. They were playing around.

“Hey! I’m home” you slightly raised your voice so they would hear your greeting from the large hall where you currently stood. You peered up at your left to see if someone was in the living room, which was your favourite place in the house. For several reasons. You found it quite comfortable and it was where you shared your most beautiful moment with the others. Plus, you loved that impressive great arch in the entrance. It might sound stupid and naïve but it made you feel secure. As if nothing would ever happen to you in there. You saw the TV screen flashing some light but apparently there was nobody in the couch in front if it.

You decided to try on the kitchen, at your right. Its state told you that someone had been cooking a few minutes ago but was too lazy to tidy up after the dinner was made. You sighed at the eight males’ untidy habits. Jimin was quite lazy too so maybe we could say 'the nine males' untidy habits'. When you became aware that once again it was desert, you shrugged your shoulders as to answer the silence. Nevertheless, you felt better. The fresh air had been beneficial and you felt calmer. Besides, the fact you were away from the worrisome problem actually helped a lot.

You were ready to call one of them, your phone already in your right hand, when you finally heard someone calling for you.

“Seyi! I was wondering when you were going to come!” a cute yet masculine voice greeted you back.

You heard some footsteps as someone rushed down the stairs in front of you. Soon, you were facing a pretty boy who was a few months older than you. Since you two had almost the same age, you got along very well and loved to tease the other members together.

“Sungjong” you smiled at him. “Sorry, I had… some matters to take care of and then Jimin came back home and…well you know how he is...” you rolled your eyes.

“Yeah, he was spinning like a caged lion all day” he chuckled at the remembrance and you mimicked him since it must have been a priceless thing to see.

“About that, do you know where our almighty leader is?” You asked the boy in a playful tone.

An accomplice smile lit up his face at the way you just depicted Sunggyu. He answered your question with a simple “Upstairs” his index pointing in that direction.

Without thinking twice, you nodded at the elder with a smile and climbed up the stairs. A few seconds later, you uncorked at the first floor which consisted in a spacious room where everyone could gather in order to talk – seriously or not- at the king-sized table. Some of you even took their meals here when they needed to be alone since usually, everyone ate downstairs in the living room.

You were standing there, in the last stair. Everyone was playfully joking around. This delighted mood made you soften at the view and you gazed at them, slightly smiling, as a mother would look at her cute yet childish babies. Even if you were the youngest in the Circle, you remained the only girl amongst them, you sometimes behaved as a mother, healing their injuries since they weren’t very delicate with each other when it came to that; sometimes as a sister, according to the situation. But you were trying your best to be here for them all. Everyone was, and it resulted in every members being close as a family. This included some remaining bickerings, of course.

“Seems like Jimin finally gave you a minute to breath” Sungyeol greeted you, snapping you out of your reverie.

“Yeah, but I don’t blame him. I would have been worried too” You smiled at him when a movement just next to Sungyeol caught your attention. An obviously annoyed Sunggyu childishly rolled his eyes at your remark. You looked at him in disbelief until he locked eyes with you, his lips softly pinched in a sulky way.

“What’s with the face?” you asked quite surprised. Still looking at you, feigning innocence with his small eyes, he crossed his arms and averted your gaze, as to tell you he would not speak to you unless you tell him something he wanted to hear. A thing your pride wouldn’t allow.

“What next, you’re going to stuck out your tongue at me? You scoffed, giving him a disdainful look because of his childlike behaviour.

A few seconds went by before the impossible happened. Your eyes widened at the most astonishing view of your life. Kim Sunggyu, the Jägers’ chief, the Almighty Leader, the symbol of authority, this Kim Sunggyu in person was now staring at you defiantly, his tongue stuck out at you. At that moment, to you, he wasn’t childish anymore, he was a child. The moment of surprised passed, you had to stifle your incoming laugh. Without him noticing, you had unlocked your phone’s camera and quickly immortalized this memorable moment so he didn’t had time to react. You couldn’t help your laugh at the sight of the result. And you heard the others' discreet chuckles for they were as surprised as you.

“I just found my new wallpaper” you managed to articulate through your laughter and the five chuckles increased.

“Seyi, let us see!” Hoya asked eagerly, anxious to have a way of blackmailing his leader.

“Just enjoy this masterpiece of mine” you chortled while handing him the phone. That's when Sunggyu finally decided to break his silence vow.

“YAH! Give me that phone, now!” he yelled at you like a mad man, his eyes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter