Facing the Problem

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Dongwoo offered to drop you off with his car since it was dark outside – which resulted in Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo also accompanying you – you were now back at your house, back with all your problems. But it was okay. You were okay. You had what you wanted: your talk with Sunggyu and a bowl of fresh air. You smiled as you remembered these two last hours passed with the boys.

Bickering, jokes, laughter, whining when you told them you were not sleeping over today, happiness.

You were still smiling like a retard when you closed your front door after having stepped into the house, even if you were quite tired since it was already a few minutes passed midnight. You slipped off your flat black boots and put on your pink slippers.

 

“I’m--” you began only to be stop by two hands being placed on your shoulders, shaking you back and forth.

 

“You came back at this hour?!” a familiar black haired guy yelled at you.

 

“I was with the others. And stop overreacting; you perfectly knew I was okay…” You crossed your arms as the stubborn girl you were.

 

“Yeah I knew it all, that’s why I wasn’t worried about your safety, but about mine!” He looked at you with wide eyes. The only question that floated on your mind now was the one you asked then, even if you knew it had something to do with that annoying silver haired guy.

 

“What happened?” Even if you were quite alarmed, you managed to stay calm. In fact, you absolutely didn’t know what he was capable of. Even if he didn’t seem to be a danger, you didn’t forget he wasn’t human.

 

“He is… just unbearable” he whined like a cry-baby. Your eyes narrowed in bafflement at the view. You would never get used to his change of behaviour when he was with you which were totally opposed to the one he had when he had this poker face on, which happen each time he was in company of strangers. Besides the fact you were surprised with his actual expression, you were even more shocked by what he had just said. What you expected to come out of your friend’s mouth was a crazy thing such as “He massacred the entire village and then turned into dust” not something which sounded like he had to baby-sit a capricious child.

 

“What do you mean?”  You just asked out of curiosity.

 

“Since you didn’t want to finish him –a thing I just don’t understand no matter how hard I tried- someone has to change his chest bandage to avoid infection. Believe me, the idea is far from being pleasant. But when I came into the room, he just... threw some pillows right at me, yelling like a mad chicken he didn’t want me to lay a single finger on him”

At these words, you just laughed heartily as Jimin’s face now was just… priceless. He had said his last words with an uncertain tone and his eyes were just as round as tennis balls.

When you saw his blank expression returned immediately, you instantly stopped in your action, your mouth a slight o-shape as you realized it wasn’t a joke.

“Wait… Are you serious?” you stuttered as Jimin facial expression had transferred on your own face. He nodded slowly in response as he was still trying to process what happened earlier.

 

“What the-” You stopped yourself before cursing out loud.

 

“Hell” Jimin finished for you “that’s the right word.” He sighed and then turned to go and sit back on the couch. “He is all yours; I’m not setting a single foot in there anymore, unless it is for murdering him.” He projected his voice louder this time due to the distance between you.

 

You face palmed yourself at your stupidity. Why did you bring this guy in your house? Now you are feeling responsible for what happened. You didn’t want to see him more than you already did. Twice already and both had finished awkwardly. And it didn’t help that Jimin wasn’t willing to help. But you knew you couldn’t blame him. In fact, he was in his right. Actually, he was already helping so much by not telling it to Sunggyu. You couldn’t ask for more. You were the only one who were wrong for even having thought of saving someone like him, and even more for doing it. He was already accepting that crazy wronged girl of you without reconsidering anything of what it implied, including hosting a monster in your house. Because, let’s talk frankly, that’s all he was, this guy. Neither more nor less than a monster, right? Whether it was in Jimin’s eyes or in yours. In everybody’s eyes, Silver Boy was nothing. He was nothing but a mistake. His existence wasn’t valuable. Because that was how human were. Because that was how you were. Fear. It was the only feeling people had in their vicinity. No compassion, no guilt, no sympathy. Just fear. The remaining question was and would always be:

Why? Just why? 

Why people were that intolerant? Why human beings weren’t able to bear with what was not like them? Why did they confine their fears in stories? 

So many questions, so many replies to find, but yet no logical answers. Because that was Nature’s fault. People were just human. And they were just monsters. So simple but yet so complex. It sounded so wrong. Just like you. And maybe that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter