What an Encounter

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You just went back from your mission. Alone. Well, by mission, you meant patrol. Usually, you would be with Jimin since the two of you were a binomial, which means you always worked together - if we could call Jägers's missions a work. 

But then, what is a binomial, you might be thinking.

It was an alliance between two Jagers. You had to swear protection to the other half of the binomial during an oath, in front of the entire Hunter's community . If you had to put it in another way, you would describe it as a twins syndrome. You shared a tight bond with the other person. You instantly knew when he was in danger, you knew what he felt deep inside. But you and Jimin didn't need that pact to look after each other. You were childhood best friends, you would have done it even without this. It was only natural.

Tonight thought, you were by yourself. Because Jimin was exceptionally needed for another mission which, apparently, couldn't wait. It was really unusual to separate a binomial like this, but since it was an order from Sunggyu, you didn't argue. 

You went around the forest to check out for unneeded vermin. But it seemed like the coast was clear. You let your guard down, just a bit, to enjoy the fresh breeze. You always liked the forest, even at night. It was refreshing to go there. The humungeous trees remembered you of the human futility. People were just insignificant compared to these sleeping giants.

After two hours, you finally decided to go back home. It was getting cold and you certainly did not have the intention of freezing to death. You had to go back and meet your leader. It was only the routine to give him a detailed report of what you had discovered tonight. That's to say nothing. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter