"For Destruction, Ice is Also Great and Would Suffice."

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You raised your head and looked at the sky, full of stars and hope. It wasn’t night anymore. It was still dark but the pale pink of the sky was heralding the sunrise. But it was still raining like crazy and you were totally drenched. But you didn’t care. It was the least of your preoccupation right now. Actually you were praying for a miracle to happen. But you knew it was impossible. You focused again on the wave which was now only two meters away from you and your eyes narrowed at that action. But you didn’t back off. No. You never would. Even if it meant your end. Because backing off would mean their victory. No matter what was your destiny, you would accept it. Not caring whether you would look like a crazy woman right at this moment, you were getting prepared to pass through the wave. Legs bent, clenched fist, determined look. You closed your eyes and breathed in and out. It seemed like time had stopped. It took an eternity for that huge wall to arrive just a few centimeters away from you and when it did, you raised your arms in front of you as to say to the water to stop its mad rush. As to push it back. Just a pure reflex. Of course it had no effect. But suddenly, you felt a presence in front of you which had just appeared at the speed of light, making a shield with his body.

Oh no… Jimin, don’t! You immediately thought, your eyes still closed.

You didn’t have the strength to open them and see your own best friend die under your eyes in order to save you. You had never wanted this wave to stop more than right at this moment. Because you were not only responsible for your life, but also for Jimin’s one. Because he was the other half of the binomial you too were forming together. All of a sudden, you found energy oozing from your entire body. Your eyes opened and you resolutely looked up at the top of the wave.

If only the momentum could be reversed in one way or another. If only there was a way to stop it, you thought with all your will.

Faith. It was all you had left now. And while you were staring at that liquid monster in front of you, the impossible happened. That wall of water slowed down and froze gradually, turning into a big block of ice, in front of your astonished eyes, your mouth forming an “o” shape. A few seconds passed by before you realized what had really happened.

How? How is it possible? Why? Why and how did it happen? Once again, all these questions, all these “why” without any immediate answers.

“Are you okay?” a calm voice right in front of you asked. Your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter