Heart Attack

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho simply stayed still and watched the scene taking place just in front of his eyes. He could see his peers going after a sinful demon –which was convicted to die in their hands anyway- and the girl, who was supposed to pass their test with flying colours. He looked at her intensely, at her fearful eyes staring at the upcoming fire in front of her, at her retreating footsteps. And he laughed at himself. She wasn’t the one he thought she was. How could she be?

“Jongdae and I were wrong. Her aura may be odd, but this girl is nothing more than an ordinary human.” He whispered to himself.

 Contempt and a bit of disappointment found its way in his bitter words. As to her demon’s friend, he wouldn’t survive to his wave. He turned to the boy at his right, the only one remaining next to him since the others were just done playing cat and mouse with their targets.

“Let’s finish this quickly.” He said and right after, he put a hand on the blond guy’s shoulder “Luhan, you know what to do.” The blond nodded and just focused back on the confrontation, his eyes now a shiny blue while he prepared himself to deliver the silent message to their peers. However, something stopped him. His connection with the other suddenly shattered while he lost his focus. Because of a loud and desperate shriek echoing against each forest’s trees. It seems like the time had stopped. But he knew it wasn’t Tao’s doing. Because this time it was just a feeling; nobody dared to move, taken aback by the sudden feminine voice.

 

 

***

 

Your answer was the simplest. It was maybe the most human response someone could give. Being consumed in the flames, turned into ashes. Being trapped in the water, until all traces of Oxygen permanently leaves your lungs. It was none of those two. Neither Fire nor Ice. Life. That is what you had chosen.

 

“STOP IT!!” you shriek heavily, your voice hysterical and desperate.

 

You stopped yourself from stepping back. You straightened your body and looked up to the Moon, stupidly hoping the phenomenon could reproduce itself again. Even if you still didn’t know where it came from, you were truly wishing it would save you and Silver Boy who was hopelessly trying to use his paralysing ability. Suddenly, you saw him stiffening and turning abruptly in your direction. He saw the look into your eyes and he remembered the chat from earlier. Concerning fire. And that’s how you found yourself being pushed in front of the water wave. He had just exchanged your places. You locked eyes with him in bafflement. He had a smile on his face despite the fire rushing toward him. He was… good-looking. You shook your head violently, you couldn’t think this way.

“Seyi! Let’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter