Madness

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The least we could say was that Sehun was far from being at the top of his form. His chest ached more than before due to tonight's events. It was as if someone had mistaken his body for a punching ball, never ceasing to beat him up always at the same spot. Now that the shock and the adrenaline were behind him, the pain increased. And oh god, it had to be now, when he was sleeping in a cosy bed after a while. Almost a week since he was chased from home. At that thought, he released an unconscious sigh as his eyes remained close.

All of a sudden, he sensed a slight freezing touch in his forehead which made him jump in surprise. He quickly reachedout to grab it, without even needing to open his eyes; his keen senses were suficient to guide him. That’s when he heard someone hissing cutely. That made his eyes flinch open within the second. He averted his head towards the sound and was now facing the same, pretty girl who helped him earlier. He didn’t recognize her according to her beautiful face, but thanks to her sweet, middle pitched voice, despite her speaking rashly.

“Let go, you dirty freak.” you said while glaring at the boy, as to illustrate his previous, inner statement.

He sustained your eyes for a moment when he felt the same fresh sensation on his forehead. 

“Are you treating every ‘dirty freak’ you meet like this?” he replied with a complacent smirk. Yet, his voice remained calm and sweet. He was still weak despite his apparent playfulness.

He didn't loosen his grip around the smooth skin of your wrist. There was something nice in helding it. That's why he just decided to rest your hand back on his forehead, where you had already placed a wet, fresh towel. He rested his on your own for a few seconds before letting go. You readjusted the towel and he sighed in contentment. Annoyed, you quickly pulled away and headed for the door.

“Why did you stop?” he slightly pouted in disappointment.

“Because you looked like you were relishing a bit too much in the moment”  you mumbled sarcastically to hide your uneasiness.

“Of course, it hurts, you idiot!” he complained childishly.

You looked at him in total disbelief regarding his actions and words.

“You got to be kidding me” you whispered, scoffing. With that, you left the room. Leaving him alone, with no other distraction but his pain.

 

***

 

“What’s with him?”  you asked yourself, your hand still on the doorknob of your room – where was now lying a perfect stranger who wasn’t even human, and who you were supposed to have killed as soon as your eyes landed on him. A thing you couldn’t do.

*What’s with me?* that question kept reasoning in your head, without any answer. You always did what you were born to do. Getting rid of them. All. Without thinking twice. Without reconsidering whether you should pull the trigger or not. Because they were the bad characters in this story. Because the mere fact that they existed was wrong, it needed to be corrected.

And yet, he was here, right in your own bed, being cured and healed by none other than yourself. Even acting childishly, throwing tantrums like a five-year-old would. Who knew, maybe you were just as crazy as Jimin liked to say. Maybe you were really really crazy for actually taking care of your enemy, for him to be able to take advantage on you later on.

Your hand slipped from the doorknob as you were walking towards the kitchen. You opened the sideboard to take a cup that you filled with fresh water. Without reflecting much, you drank it all, as to clean the odd feeling spreading in your body. You decided to put an end to this absurd and crazy mess of yours. It was settled then. You would tell him to go as soon as he was healed. Thus, nobody would actually be aware of your sin and you could just forget about everything. It was the best thing to do.

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter