Long Locked Feelings

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Just like that?” You asked with a high pitched voice and your eyes wide in astonishment. Your hands were flat on the kitchen table’s surface.

“I swear if you keep doing this with your eyes, you and Kyungsoo will definitely look like siblings…” Tao exclaimed humorously, snickering at the big eyed boy.

Jongin and the others were eyeing you with an amused expression on their faces and soon enough, you witnessed Kyungsoo reaching out and smacking the young boy’s head with strength.

“Yah! Why are you hitting me?” Tao whined childishly, rubbing the painful spot of his head.

“Because you’re always making fun of me, you brat!” the tormentor replied angrily.

“So what? You should be happy with the thought of having a little sister… even if I doubt the idea of you being brother and sister could be realistic…” Tao added, only whispering the last part of his words.

“Why that?” Kyungsoo asked, a bit suspicious of what the answer would be.

“Because Seyi is pretty, and you are scary” the other finally answered, obviously pleased with himself.

At these words, your eyes, which had found their normal size a few seconds earlier, widened once again. And you swore you heard Suho muffling a soft and quiet laugh. You looked up in his direction and stared at him, seeing how his lips were still stretched upward due to the sudden happy outburst of his. Seeing your interest, he locked eyes with yours and winked playfully. As to Kyungsoo, he didn’t even bother hitting his friend this time; he simply swept the insult with a weary wave of the hand.

“We can still choose the complicated way if you want?” Jongin suddenly said, bringing you back to the earlier conversation. His arched eyebrow was telling you enough of his amusement.

“No it’s just… well, fine, let’s do it that way” you sighed with a small smile.

“Good choice.” He winked at you, seemingly already self-praising for your quick trust into his ability. The one you were going to use to bring back the black box left at the Jägers’ lair. That very box which was containing the same thing Kris had been asking to your father that fateful night. The saddest one of your life.

“Then…” you whispered with a hazy voice, more to yourself than to the others. You had said you wanted it to be done as soon as possible. Well, you guessed your wish would be granted as everybody stood up. You saw Jongin walking toward you and when he came to a halt in front of you, he pat his own shoulder while smiling at you.

“Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Yixing and myself will accompany them” Suho declared gently to the other demons.

You immediately understood his choice. If something was to happen, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s abilities would be quite useful. If he had not also decided to send Yixing, you would have assumed it was a trap. But the fact that he had was completely changing the atmosphere of the mission. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol weren’t there with an offensive mission but a defensive one. Because Yixing was good to appease both body and mind. His presence was soothing and pleasant, even if there was still a risk that the Jägers would not like it. And one of the reasons was your sudden reappearance at their side.

The four of them instantly nodded without talking back and approached the tanned boy before putting their hand on his left shoulder. They then eyed you, who were still hesitating. Jongin suddenly nudged his right shoulder in your direction.

“Come on, I don’t bite… for now.” he shot you a rascal smirk.

You rolled your eyes at his remark but ended up resting your palm on his shoulder nonetheless.

“I’m going too” a sudden growl joined in and his owner took a good hold of your hand to connect himself to the chain. You turned to the person and you came face to face with a frowning Sehun. When he looked at you though, his eyes softened. “To make sure you will be safe”. He reached out with his other hand to ruffle your hair.

You heard an incredulous and mocking sigh to your right and turned toward the sound. What greeted you was a contemptuous Luhan staring at the view both Sehun and you were offering. His nose was slightly wrinkled in a tiny disdainful expression. When he saw you were actually looking at him, he rolled his eyes and that same sound came out of his lips, much more audible this time. His behaviour was irking you so much that you couldn’t help your next action. You childishly stuck your tongue out at him. Unfortunately, you didn’t have the pleasure to contemplate his reaction more than a few seconds. You had only been able to witness how you had managed to make him widen his eyes in surprise. Before turning into thin air.

 

***

 

The thin white veil disappeared as fast as it had arrived and soon enough, the seven of you were in front of the Jägers’ lair door. You blinked several times, astonished by the effectiveness of Jongin’s ability. You turned toward him and he shot you a toothy grin.

“No need to be so impressed. It’s all thanks to you.” He patted your head with an amused expression.

The tanned boy was somehow right. Because, let’s say what needs to be say, he was only able to teleport to places he knew. That’s why he asked you to think hard of where you wanted to land. So yes, it was a little bit thanks to you that everybody has arrived to the good destination. But you weren’t naïve enough to actually being so conceited and blindly believe his words. He was the total master of this power.

“How flattering” you replied sarcastically while rolling your eyes as a smile plastered on your lips. You turned around and faced the wooden door. It wasn’t the first time you were in this situation but you couldn’t get used to it. You were relieved to see all of them again, but you had to justify yourself one more time. This time, it wasn’t one demon you had behind you, but six. And it wasn’t like you had any excuse like before; none of them (except Sehun) actually came to you through coincidence. Technically, they abducted you.

You took a deep breath to bury your rising uneasiness and slowly reached out to take a hold of the front door knob. It suddenly flew open and you gasped heavily due to the unexpectedness, taking a step backward in the process.

Powerful relief and happiness greeted your eyes as soon as you locked them with the person ones in front of you.

“Hurry down, Seyi is back!” he called out happily toward the stairs. He faced you again and rushed forward to you. He eventually made a stop when he took a glance at the several unknown demons’ faces next to you. You instantly let go of Sehun’s hand and the latter frowned heavily at your action.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter